Captain
# 11
03-10-2013, 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamkafei View Post
Ok, I took my Sci/Sci into a pvp match (fleet Nova, CC/DPS (as best I can) build) and I was... well, less than effective.

I want to get more competent in both 1v1 and group pvp so here I am (a good student) looking for a teacher. I missed the bootcamp as I didn't see the adverts but even so...

Somebody please teach me...
PvP Boot Camp was made just for people like you. In fact, we have a session this coming Tuesday that you could certainly join in. We will be covering some really basic issues.

Check out the registration thread here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=575871

In addition to the generous offer you received from Mai Kai and Hurleybird/Pandas (both of which you really should follow up on, given their incredible talent) Turkish RP Heroes/TRH would be more than happy to welcome you to our TeamSpeak server. Education is at the heart of our fleet. Just send me an email ingame for the TeamSpeak information (see sig below for @handle)

And feel free to email me with any questions: sargon.priorityone@gmail.com

Welcome to the PvP community. Most of us are really eager to help new players. And everybody knows that science is the most exciting career anyways=p.

@gradstudent1
PvP Boot Camp Project Leader Emeritus
Captain
# 12
03-10-2013, 07:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gradstudent1 View Post
PvP Boot Camp was made just for people like you. In fact, we have a session this coming Tuesday that you could certainly join in. We will be covering some really basic issues.
Sweet, thanks, I'll make sure I'm there
Captain
# 13
03-10-2013, 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamkafei View Post
Sweet, thanks, I'll make sure I'm there
Awesome! See you there.

@gradstudent1
PvP Boot Camp Project Leader Emeritus
Career Officer
# 14
03-10-2013, 11:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleybird View Post
Unfortunately, I don't think that's good advice anymore. For feds, any fleet outside of Sad Pandas, Inner Circle, TSI, or Turkish RP Heroes isn't likely to teach good habits.
Really?

Should the rest of us just not ****ing bother unless we're in some hallow'd boys club, Hurley?

TRH poaches every decent player they can from any fleet they see, Pandas have done it too. Without "the blind leading the blind" fleets, there would be NO Pandas to laugh at.
Captain
# 15
03-11-2013, 02:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquitaine985 View Post
Really?

Should the rest of us just not ****ing bother unless we're in some hallow'd boys club, Hurley?

TRH poaches every decent player they can from any fleet they see, Pandas have done it too. Without "the blind leading the blind" fleets, there would be NO Pandas to laugh at.
Please highlight who we poached.
aka NazHuggyBear2

"No, there is no real problem with P2W in STO. Obviously, if you fight against someone with an equal level of skill in the game, better equipment will give you an edge. But usually, it is the skill level that determines the outcome, not the P2W." - Sprinkles
Ensign
So I just got promoted to Lt. Com. and got my free ship and I went to the 2nd floor and yadi yadda and got it but: How can I switch to that ship or even make it appear? How does that work?
Rihannsu
# 17
03-11-2013, 03:12 AM
Quote:
/snip
lol thats more like the jorf i remember from these forums, wtg.
@OP as for PvP fleets, its all just 14 year old astronauts and bieber fans.
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013
Captain
# 18
03-11-2013, 03:14 AM
Quote:
For feds, any fleet outside of Sad Pandas, Inner Circle, TSI, or Turkish RP Heroes isn't likely to teach good habits.
I admit that I have to agree with aquitaine985's sentiment .
Those are some poorly chosen words that don't highlight positively neither the fleet's you've mentioned nor the PvP community as a whole .

Note : it does not take a genius to come up with sword/shield co-op tactics (ppl have been doing that since the days board games were popular) .
And while that kind of gameplay can be satisfying for some , I think that many will attest that these very tactics are the ones which turn the 'noobs' off from puging PvP (and thus PvP in general) .

But one mans castle is another mans hovel I suppose .
Here's wishing the OP good luck !
"We're not mad at Angry Birds, and we're not trying to defend the universe from Angry Birds. Although you might want to consider defending yourself from Angry Birds. If you aren't paying for the app, you aren't a customer, you're the product ."

- former CIA, NSA chief Michael Hayden -- your guide to F2P ...
Career Officer
# 19
03-11-2013, 03:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aelfwin1 View Post
I admit that I have to agree with aquitaine985's sentiment .
Those are some poorly chosen words that don't highlight positively neither the fleet's you've mentioned nor the PvP community as a whole.
Sorry friend, but I'm not one to mince words. And hey, I don't like the current situation any more than you do. I'm even brainstorming ways to change it.
Career Officer
# 20
03-11-2013, 06:11 AM
Quote:
Sorry friend, but I'm not one to mince words. And hey, I don't like the current situation any more than you do. I'm even brainstorming ways to change it.
I'd totally concede you the moderately intelligent bit. As a group I'd say you've staked out that piece of ground very securely.

I doubt you'll see any serious competition for it.

But even if you did, I bet you'd SQUASH those NOOOBS!!
If I don't respond to posts on this forum don't be offended. I don't sub or follow any of them.