Lt. Commander
# 11
02-06-2010, 10:08 AM
odd boot ini should exit on all versions of XP its a hidden system file that wont show up unless you seach for hidden\system files or you have switched on the option to display hidden files.. you will see your current boot.ini if you type msconfig in start search and select boot. l wont dwel any longer on that problem

good luck with win7 its a nicer operating system but it does take a little getting used to but is better than XP which is a first for MS....:p
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-07-2010, 04:52 AM
Took a gamble and went inside my computer..removed two memory sticks (hell even noticed one of my graphics cards wasn't seated right too xD) and way hey i'm suddenly able to play STO

Still getting win 7 pro 64 bit though :p
Ensign
# 13 Help :O
03-11-2013, 01:53 PM
Hey guys, I have windows 7 with vista and I had been playing the game but I always got the message before it launched that my graphics driver was outdated. I would have the option to launch it with lower graphics settings or leave it default, either way it always worked (even if it looked terrible). My issue is when I finally updated my graphics driver, I click engage and it starts to launch. I see the first loading screen then instead of going to the character select screen its just a light blue screen with no sound or anything. O.O I don't know what to do.