Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 199
# 101
03-11-2013, 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aurigas7 View Post
Now obviously I'm playing here devils advocate but you bought MK XI phasers. Comparison with other MK XI/XII phasers told you they are called Mk XI but have the stats of Mk XII phasers.
Therefore you bought them. This was based on the assumption the error was in the name, not in the stats. You were wrong.

At first I thought what a scam. But after some conversation with other Andorians in my fleet I realized they were right. They bought them just for RP reasons. For other activities we switched back to our old weapons. Conclusion: the reason to buy Andorian phasers
is just their colour. If you care for stats you buy either fleet AP/plasma or fleet elite phasers.
Considering they are special "Andorian" phasers I don't find it hard to believe that folks who bought them were pretty confident about the legitimacy of the stats.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,949
# 102
03-11-2013, 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shar487a View Post
... phaser coils...
Yes phaser coils ... techno-babble as it also only made as reference in that episode and nothing says they are a requirement of phaser banks or anything phaser.

DS9 likely just didnt want Cardassians using Phasers since that very much the Federation weapon as everyone else, the enemy, used Disruptors ... even the Breen used then, the one that stands out was the Dominion that used Phased polaron but even they had polaron so it distinguished them from the Federation weapon (also techno-babble).

Look I understand your point, problem is those are isolated and we never given hard fact as a visual or verbal reference to what their armament was, that is very much DS9 that disliked technical aspects.

Also to the point, the ONLY reference to spiral-wave is from DS9 Tech manual, if you remove the disruptor because it was never said on the show it was disruptor and instead there are phaser references then the point is spira-wave would not exist since the ONLY reference is from DS9 tech manual that clearly states disruptor.

They cannot be blamed to "getting it wrong", not more wrong that Phased Polaron Defiants.

Last edited by f2pdrakron; 03-11-2013 at 04:35 PM.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,208
# 103
03-11-2013, 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aurigas7 View Post
People face it: you gambled. You bought Mk XI phasers with stats of Mk XII phasers. Either (1) the stats where wrong or (2)they were labeled wrong.
I hate to use the old 'excuse me ?' , but Excuse Me ???

A 25-50$ item that needed a ton of fixes and now even it's accessories (that cost more money (or grind)) get fudged as well ??

Who let Bobo The Clown run the show (?) and how on earth are we suppose to trust anything else that Cryptic might want to sell us ?

Also , the proposed solution is not all that great because it hides the Mk12 versions behind the Giant Wall of Grind called a Starbase .
How is that exactly supposed to encourage sales of the Smurf ship ?
http://s28.postimg.org/663z5paa5/New_Sig_2_14.png
For more info click : Here and here .
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,321
# 104
03-11-2013, 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aurigas7 View Post
Now obviously I'm playing here devils advocate but you bought MK XI phasers. Comparison with other MK XI/XII phasers told you they are called Mk XI but have the stats of Mk XII phasers.
Therefore you bought them. This was based on the assumption the error was in the name, not in the stats. You were wrong.

At first I thought what a scam. But after some conversation with other Andorians in my fleet I realized they were right. They bought them just for RP reasons. For other activities we switched back to our old weapons. Conclusion: the reason to buy Andorian phasers
is just their colour. If you care for stats you buy either fleet AP/plasma or fleet elite phasers.
Honestly? I thought about the only other racial weapon that came to mind (Spiral Waves), assumed that they would be a little better than their peers (as the Spiral Waves are) and assumed that Cryptic would do their job correctly and get the stats right.

People may disagree but I do consider the fleet weapons to be better than the Andorian weapons but I wanted them because I like trying to keep ships true to canon. My D'Kora? Full Ferengi set, even though the missile blow chunks. My JHAS? Uses Jem'Hadar set and polarons. I wanted blue phasers on my Andorian ship and was prepared to spend over 100,000 dilithium on weapons that (again, in my opinion) are weaker than fleet weapons.


Quote:
Originally Posted by aelfwin1 View Post
Who let Bobo The Clown run the show (?) and how on earth are we suppose to trust anything else that Cryptic might want to sell us ?
Right on both counts. How else can we trust Cryptic and yes, Bobo does seem to be running things. (That made me laugh when I read it!)

Last edited by darramouss1; 03-11-2013 at 04:43 PM.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 210
# 105
03-11-2013, 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trek21 View Post
Ah yes, to say I'm sucking up to someone... that was not my intention. What was my intention was trying to provide another POV to the situation, one that's more calm, and generally see if people could think for a few seconds.
No offense, but it sounds like you were raised in a bubble. Seeing yourself as the ambassador of sweetness and light, in person, for someone who feels that they're being hosed can, and has, ended with less than healthy results. That's why your approach seems so alien to me.

Quote:
People have a problem with things = perfectly okay. But saying things out of frustration or anger (such as Cryptic was lying to you, when it was simply a mistake), that is not okay, to me. Probably counterproductive considering I'm on an internet forum, but I do try to defuse things like that anyway
I never said that they lied, did I? I've seen other responses that assumed the same posture as I: "I don't care what the cause of the problem was, it's the proposed solution that sucks." If you really view yourself this way, why not take it PM? Do you really need to patronize everyone in this thread?

Last edited by chuckingram; 03-11-2013 at 04:46 PM.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 858
# 106
03-11-2013, 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shar487a View Post
In all seriousness, why is Cryptic remaining silent on issuing a refund when such a gesture would easily correct the negative customer impact that resulted from their original error?

Not to mention the good PR / Karma...
never going to happen tbh which is a shame and my last purchase
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,542
# 107
03-11-2013, 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckingram View Post
No offense, but it sounds like you were raised in a bubble. Seeing yourself as the ambassador of sweetness and light, in person, for someone who feels that they're being hosed can, and has, ended with less than healthy results. That's why your approach seems so alien to me.



I never said that they lied, did I? I've seen other responses that assumed the same posture as I: "I don't care what the cause of the problem was, it's the proposed solution that sucks." If you really view yourself this way, why not take it PM? Do you really need to patronize everyone in this thread?
No offense taken But bubble or not, I'm content with more unusual approaches, as I'm an unusual person. I simply thought being calm might help, even just a bit.

And while I could use PM's, it's much harder to see, with it being in User CP, not to mention the actual focus of the people I'd want to talk to currently on this thread... this was simply more visible, so it's the approach I've taken.
Was named Trek17, but still an author: www.enlightenmentoblivion.com.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,949
# 108
03-11-2013, 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aurigas7 View Post
Now obviously I'm playing here devils advocate but you bought MK XI phasers.
Nope, I havent brought them ... dont own them, my position is from someone that have nothing to gain or lose as currently I have nothing to gain or lose.

Quote:
Comparison with other MK XI/XII phasers told you they are called Mk XI but have the stats of Mk XII phasers.
Well since I lacked access to them I never bothered checking them, I know I read people asking for Mk XII variants after they were released along with the ship since I guess they never looked beyond "Mk XI" and "Rare".

Later I read the DPS difference was just 10 but I never checked or bothered to check as I was still not in a position to be a customer.

Quote:
Therefore you bought them. This was based on the assumption the error was in the name, not in the stats. You were wrong.
Never brought then and I call back to the "ordering beef and getting horse" ...

Fact is that is what labeled, sure they can arbitrary change anything they want according to the TOS but they also appear to exclude Pay items, sure some happen like the Caitian nerf and if I go back I find other examples (like the Excelsior T3-T5) but even if I brought then, and I didnt, doesnt change the fact the menu said "beef".

Quote:
At first I thought what a scam. But after some conversation with other Andorians in my fleet I realized they were right.
No, you see is ...

Quote:
They bought them just for RP reasons.
The Andorian escorts come with Mk X white Andorian phasers outside the Wing Cannons that are "markless" purples so why they brought a RP weapon if they have infinite RP weapon?

... Makes no sense, unless I apply something I call "apologia" and this is what leads to consumers to lose rights because you allow companies to walk over you, they did it because their reason is weak, for RP reason the Mk X white does fine, rarity only matters if you are competitive so why did they brought competitive gear?

Quote:
For other activities we switched back to our old weapons. Conclusion: the reason to buy Andorian phasers
is just their colour. If you care for stats you buy either fleet AP/plasma or fleet elite phasers.
No, the reason to BUY Andorian Phasers is to be competitive, Mk XI blue is not competitive and if you just want the color the Mk X white does fine and its free and you have unlimited amounts of them.

If I use my Phaser Quads is because I like then but Cryptic decided as I payed money for a Sao Paulo I should have a weapon that is equal to a Mk XI Blue because THAT is what it was before it was buffed last year.

You cannot make this argument because if its for flavor, Mk X common and if its for access, Zen Store weapons.

Last edited by f2pdrakron; 03-11-2013 at 05:00 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,321
# 109
03-11-2013, 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
No, the reason to BUY Andorian Phasers is to be competitive, Mk XI blue is not competitive and if you just want the color the Mk X white does fine and its free and you have unlimited amounts of them.
Yes and no. I wanted to have blue phasers. Canon blue phasers. I considered the stock phasers to be too weak, even for PvE. I did consider the ones I bought to be capable of at least competing, especially on the basis that they're not as good as fleet weapons. In my opinion they bridged the gap between the useless weapons that it came with and non-canon, high-end competitiveness.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 103
# 110
03-11-2013, 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trek21 View Post
No, but it's okay for them to make mistakes

They made a mistake in the labeling of the weapons. And a mistake means it was NOT intentional. Meaning you were not lied to in the first place, despite all people saying otherwise.

Now they simply corrected the error. Simple as that, and not an issue, I think

No no.. thats not whats happing.. and if it was a day one oops our mistake you may have argument. We are talking about over a week later.

What they are doing is no diffrent then if you went to buy a car that was advertised at 40mpg... then get it recalled with them saying opps our bad we forgot to install a fuel filter so now your only going to get 30 mpg. In real world buisness the company would have to compensate you or refund your money.

The fact there saying that they are nerfing it and telling the customer well your screwed and not getting what you payed for (and some payed real money for them) is pretty much theft. If they want to make this right they need to grandfather the ones in game to there owners or allow them to get a refund. Anything else is theft.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:20 AM.