Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 860
# 111
03-11-2013, 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trek21 View Post
No, but it's okay for them to make mistakes

They made a mistake in the labeling of the weapons. And a mistake means it was NOT intentional. Meaning you were not lied to in the first place, despite all people saying otherwise.

Now they simply corrected the error. Simple as that, and not an issue, I think

that's what the tribble test server is for (well it is supposed to be) , but far to often these bugs/mis-labeled things hit the holodeck
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 51
# 112
03-11-2013, 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelshando View Post
No no.. thats not whats happing.. and if it was a day one oops our mistake you may have argument. We are talking about over a week later.

What they are doing is no diffrent then if you went to buy a car that was advertised at 40mpg... then get it recalled with them saying opps our bad we forgot to install a fuel filter so now your only going to get 30 mpg. In real world buisness the company would have to compensate you or refund your money.

The fact there saying that they are nerfing it and telling the customer well your screwed and not getting what you payed for (and some payed real money for them) is pretty much theft. If they want to make this right they need to grandfather the ones in game to there owners or allow them to get a refund. Anything else is theft.
The key point missing from your scenario is that the car company has already shown up and installed the filter... so you have no choice but have the changed item.

I don't like comparing to other games as it tends to be always meet a rough response, but I look at the recent affair concerning SWTOR and costume items not looking like their picture.
You can do your own research on the entire issues, but the end result was ultimately in the best interest of the PLAYER/CONSUMER. They gave ever person who had one these items in question a matching item that had the look as advertised. But you got to keep your current items that had a different look.
Ultimately, they cared more about the player-base effected by this being content and not feeling angry concerning a real money purchase.

STO's runners and decision makers could take a lesson from that, especially in this case.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 210
# 113
03-11-2013, 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trek21 View Post
And while I could use PM's, it's much harder to see, with it being in User CP, not to mention the actual focus of the people I'd want to talk to currently on this thread... this was simply more visible, so it's the approach I've taken.
So, it's simply easier for you to patronize en masse? Dude, I'd pay to see you try to live your "great healer" fantasy on the corner of Madison and Central, in Chicago, in the middle of the summer.

Consider this and respond, if you're so inclined: I bought 8xAndorian DHC's and 4xAndorian turrets, in good faith. A fair amount of dil (money) added to the $50 for the pack, yes? The solution for these weapons being somehow OP and/or in violation of their "loot progression", is to simply invalidate the reason I bought them in the first place, AND force me to buy the same weapons again, if I want them on my Ando's. No attempt to rectify the situation to MY liking, just an "apology." Now, in all earnestness, don't I have a right to be angry, regardless of the underlining cause for this situation?

Last edited by chuckingram; 03-11-2013 at 08:14 PM.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 860
# 114
03-11-2013, 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by framesplicerx View Post
STO's runners and decision makers could take a lesson from that, especially in this case.
never going to happen tbh because they know some people use real money to buy zen then convert it into dilithium , prove me incorrect cryptic if you dare !! . everytime things like this happen makes me want to play less and less which is such a shame
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,576
# 115
03-11-2013, 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darramouss1 View Post
I considered the stock phasers to be too weak, even for PvE.
This is being competitive, a roleplayer will walk around in social clothing with no weapon or armor because the whole point of roleplay is playing a role.

The moment you considered the Mk X common to be "too weak" is the moment you stop roleplay and became competitive, at that point we are looking at pure stats and not if they shoot in red color or blue color.

In fact Andorians Battlecruisers used "particle cannons" that doesnt say much, in fact Phasers were nadion-based particle weapons but Andorians are blue and what is blue?

Tetryon.

Simply there inst a "Andorian Phaser" as whatever they used was just particle cannons, blue in color but certainly not phaser that are orange and we seen the NX-01 firing.

Maybe was because somehow Caitians got stuck with Tetryon for unexplained reasons so that leads to "blue phasers" but if blue color was what you wanted, you had Tetryon ... oh wait, Tetryon proc is broken in space (apparently it been fixed on ground) so we back at being competitive.

Point is the moment you look at stats you lost the RP argument because you WERENT looking at RP when getting those weapons, you were looking at damage.

Last edited by f2pdrakron; 03-11-2013 at 06:09 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,522
# 116
03-11-2013, 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckingram View Post
So, it's simply easier for you to patronize en masse? Dude, I'd pay to see you try to live your "great healer" fantasy on the corner of Madison and Central, in Chicago, in the middle of the summer.

Consider this and respond, if you're if you're so inclined: I bought 8xAndorian DHC's and 4xAndorian turrets, in good faith. A fair amount of dil (money) added to the $50 for the pack, yes? The solution for these weapons being somehow OP and/or in violation of their "loot progression", is to simply invalidate the reason I bought them in the first place, AND force me to buy the same weapons again, if I want them on my Ando's. No attempt to rectify the situation to MY liking, just an "apology." Now, in all earnestness, don't I have a right to be angry, regardless of the underlining cause for this situation?
I can't believe they think an apology will cut it.

To mildly alter Rule of Acquisition #109, their apology and an empty sack is worth the sack.


Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
This is being competitive, a roleplayer will walk around in social clothing with no weapon or armor because the whole point of roleplay is playing a role.

The moment you considered the Mk X common to be "too weak" is the moment you stop roleplay and became competitive, at that point we are looking at pure stats and not if they shoot in red color or blue color.

In fact Andorians Battlecruisers used "particle cannons" that doesnt say much, in fact Phasers were nadion-based particle weapons but Andorians are blue and what is blue?

Tetryon.

Simply there inst a "Andorian Phaser" as whatever they used was just particle cannons, blue in color but certainly not phaser that are orange and we seen the NX-01 firing.

Maybe was because somehow Caitians got stuck with Tetryon for unexplained reasons so that leads to "blue phasers" but if blue color was what you wanted, you had Tetryon ... oh wait, Tetryon proc is broken in space (apparently it been fixed on ground) so we back at being competitive.

Point is the moment you look at stats you lost the RP argument because you WERENT looking at RP when getting those weapons, you were looking at damage.
Firstly, I disagree with you. Weapons can'y be seen unless they're firing. If they're firing and they're not blue then, to me, that's not Andorian. I also find that tetryon looks different to the blue phasers.

Secondly, I really don't care if you don't agree. My reasons are my own and they are valid to me. I can guarantee you that you could talk until you were blue in the face and my opinion wouldn't change. Sorry.

Last edited by darramouss1; 03-11-2013 at 06:15 PM.
Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 373
# 117
03-11-2013, 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by framesplicerx View Post
The key point missing from your scenario is that the car company has already shown up and installed the filter... so you have no choice but have the changed item.

Fine you pre-payed or it was a manditory "fix" for the car and then when you get it its not when it was stated before.. the point is that you advertise something, and you buy it and the company needs to honor it, compensate you for it or refund it..


In the swotor issue was that Bioware changed the look of the items with out notice.. not even the function just the looks and gave everyone who bought the items the classic version for free as well as keeping the new look of the items.

But yes Bioware/EA showed the right way to deal with it... maybe PW can...maybe.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 210
# 118
03-11-2013, 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darramouss1 View Post
I can't believe they think an apology will cut it.

To mildly alter Rule of Acquisition #109, their apology and an empty sack is worth the sack.
Exactly right!

Quote:
Secondly, I really don't care if you don't agree. My reasons are my own and they are valid to me. I can guarantee you that you could talk until you were blue in the face and my opinion wouldn't change. Sorry.
Agreed, only I'm not sorry.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 51
# 119
03-11-2013, 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelshando View Post
Fine you pre-payed or it was a manditory "fix" for the car and then when you get it its not when it was stated before.. the point is that you advertise something, and you buy it and the company needs to honor it, compensate you for it or refund it..


In the swotor issue was that Bioware changed the look of the items with out notice.. not even the function just the looks and gave everyone who bought the items the classic version for free as well as keeping the new look of the items.

But yes Bioware/EA showed the right way to deal with it... maybe PW can...maybe.
Oh, make no mistake I'm agreeing with you!
Just pointing out that the fix in on their side where the flim-flam some code and BOOM all our Corola's have fuel filters and have crappier MPG.

It's RARE when you can applaud how EA handles anything, but indeed that was the way to do it: seek the customers' best interests and play to that.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,576
# 120
03-11-2013, 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darramouss1 View Post
Firstly, I disagree with you. Weapons can'y be seen unless they're firing. If they're firing and they're not blue then, to me, that's not Andorian. I also find that tetryon looks different to the blue phasers.
Andorians never used phasers, they used a particle cannon that was blue in color.

Cryptic put a command code that would allow you to set the RGB values of your weapons, CBS told then to disable it, why am I bring this up?

Because Klingons and Romulans use disruptors, they are of the same color, green no matter were it comes from, a Klingon ship or a Romulan ship yet the Andorian phasers are of different color ... ok ...

And yes tetryon is slightly different but its still blue, I admit there are problems because Wing Cannons are blue and Phaser so types would be mixed and that is considered to be "bad" that once again leads me back to.

The moment you looked at stats you became competitive.

I use phasers because Fed use phasers, I used disruptors because Klingons use disruptors and if there are Romulans out the corner I will use disruptors because Romulans use disruptors, NOT Plasma energy weapons.

Am I allowed to be competitive? yes because those weapons exist at End Game level but I am stuck with Fleet and so [Dmg]x2/3 (fat change of x2 in my case) and the "random drop"/Exchange.

Were you with Andorian Phasers? no ... they didnt made then to be competitive, you have what is called "vendor trash" because anything UNDER Mk XII Blue is Vendor trash and even blue Mk XII is very much "budget" series.

Trying to use the "roleplaying" excuse doesnt fly with me because you were not looking at then being blue, you were looking at performance AND being blue ... doesnt change the fact its going to be turned into vendor trash and if your argument is "well I want Blue Phasers" I once again point out Mk X common ... after all "weapons can'y be seen unless they're firing".

Quote:
Secondly, I really don't care if you don't agree. My reasons are my own and they are valid to me. I can guarantee you that you could talk until you were blue in the face and my opinion wouldn't change. Sorry.
I am not saying they are not, I would say looking at orange from phasers and then ... BLUE! is a annoyance but thats it, I can correct it and even spend Dilithium to correct it but that doesnt mean my reasons are valid to EVERYONE, also even I can make decisions knowing damn well I taking a hit for aesthetic reasons and I will not say its "fine" because its roleplaying and so OK.

Performance matter, *I* dont say this ... Cryptic DOES with their reward system in Fleet Actions with"placed first? take these 2 Mk XII purple items ... placed third? here a Mk X blue item", we been calling them on that and yet.

Now people HAD performance AND aesthetic because of the Holy Will of the Design demands it, I am NOT saying the price was wrong for the performance but being shoved into the fleet system (and you need T3 Fabricator for that) is WRONG, I am tired of having a pay wall over EVERYTHING because Cryptic doesnt play the game, they look at metrics and they want us in the game 24 hours a day, 7 days a week not because they want for people to like the game but because someone said "well my data shows the more time people play the game the more they spend" but they are ignoring the fact people are not more willing to spend money on the game because they are forced to be there, they do it because they ENJOY the game ... and since none of the Cryptic developers seem to play the game ... they dont enjoy it so why should we?
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:53 AM.