Career Officer
# 371
03-11-2013, 10:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirsitsalot View Post
No... PWE doesn't need people to buy from the Zen store. They just need people buying Zen. What they do with it after they have bought it is their own business.
I'll clue you in, people aren't just going to buy Zen and not buy anything with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirsitsalot View Post
It is the ZEN that PWE makes their money off of. Not what is bought using the ZEN. That factors into the metrics that measure what players like from the C-store. And because Zen and Dilithium are interchangable, the option not to spend a dime on the game is there. But if we won't spend money, we have to spend time.
Right and Wrong.

If you don't put something in the store nobody is going to buy, that's lost revenue since you had basically wasted time to create that item. That's why the STO team made it clear they are reluctant to make new KDF ships, because they aren't making money.

So while PWE gets the money after you convert it ZEN, they still need to justify it by having something in the Z-store that you want to buy with that purchased Zen.

And when it comes earning Dilithium or Astral Gems in the games, they aren't making anykind of income since you aren't going to bother to purchase Zen, which in turn goes to maintaining these games and paying the Development teams.

So yes, what people do with that Zen is very much their business. You either make a profit or "game over".
Survivor of Romulus
# 372
03-12-2013, 01:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
Thought STO Lifetimers got access. What a rip.

No Keys, no access, no nothing. Feels like a Bait-and-Switch.
not sure what your problem was but I played all weekend so it wasn't a rip off just maybe a error on your part who knows
Rihannsu
# 373
03-12-2013, 01:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdoxy View Post
Folks complaining about something free. Glad to see even if the boards change the posts from the users don't.
I agree fully. It's so simple . . . play the beta or don't. Some of these whiners are as bad as the Drow wanna-be whiners in the Neverwinter forums that are screaming they've been ripped off because they have to wait 60 days to play a race that is just as free as the game is. And none of them paid for it.

If you want to stick to STO then do so. Your choice, but your life is not ruined because you got an email inviting you to Beta another game. Delete it and move on . . . in fact . . . PLEASE move on so that those of us who care about that game can play it in peace LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bughunter357 View Post
not sure what your problem was but I played all weekend so it wasn't a rip off just maybe a error on your part who knows
Agreed. Everyone I know who is an LTS logged in just fine. It was VERY obvious no keys would be issued . . . because none were needed, as was stated in multiple areas all over both STO and Neverwinter web sites. It was also very obvious what exactly you had to do in order to play the Beta weekend. ~shrug~

Last edited by fazemladaiya; 03-12-2013 at 01:57 AM.
Rihannsu
# 374
03-12-2013, 02:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psiameese View Post
I'm assuming those choices affect the dialogue trees with NPC's as you progress through the game.
These options do not effect anything in the game. It is purely for role-play purposes. As soon as I can find the page where this information was posted by a dev (it's in the Neverwinter forums somewhere - I think in a FAQ) I will edit this and link it here, but it has been verified by the devs that character creation will not effect how you are treated by NPCs in game at all.
Survivor of Romulus
# 375
03-12-2013, 02:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxdred View Post
Now that Neverwinter is coming out, can we have our devs back please?
"our" devs were never part of NW they have there own devs so your comment is not justified,
Super Moderator
# 376
03-12-2013, 07:44 AM
Off-topic...

I'm noticing some borderline posts that may violate PWE Community Rules and Policies in this thread.

Let's keep the conversation civil. There's no need for hostility here.

Please show some respect for other people's opinions, even if you don't agree with them.

Stick with the facts -- Please don't speculate about other people's motivations.

When referring to other forum users, please leave off any personal references to beliefs, feelings, behavior, intelligence, character, skills, etc.

Any post that's been crafted to provoke an angry reaction is trolling and is subject to moderation, warnings, and infractions. PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND TO TROLL POSTS! Report them.

If you are responsible for a post that breaks the rules, please take responsibility to go back and take out the inflammatory language. Otherwise, the Mods will have to exercise their responsibilities.

Read the rules (see above)

Thanks in advance for your cooperation!

Live Long and Prosper,
Bluegeek
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Starfleet Veteran
# 377
03-12-2013, 08:59 AM
Does nobody check out their sto launcher dropdown? on mine i have all three sto shards, Holodeck, Tribble, and redshirt, as well as Champions online Live Server. And just friday it had the choice for Never winter beta test.

Formerly Jewkesman Member from Nov 2009! :smile:

Last edited by rjewkes; 03-12-2013 at 09:01 AM. Reason: qouted wrong post.
Career Officer
# 378
03-12-2013, 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psiameese View Post
What surprised me was the current offerings on the Zen store. Costume dyes are there. Not crafted. Or maybe they can be crafted also? I didn't get into the tradeskills at all.
Tradeskills and crafting weren't turned on during this beta weekend, so nobody (who can talk) knows whether that will be included or not.

Perhaps next beta weekend will have them ready, or partially ready.
Rihannsu
# 379
03-12-2013, 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fazemladaiya View Post
I agree fully. It's so simple . . . play the beta or don't. Some of these whiners are as bad as the Drow wanna-be whiners in the Neverwinter forums that are screaming they've been ripped off because they have to wait 60 days to play a race that is just as free as the game is. And none of them paid for it.

If you want to stick to STO then do so. Your choice, but your life is not ruined because you got an email inviting you to Beta another game. Delete it and move on . . . in fact . . . PLEASE move on so that those of us who care about that game can play it in peace LOL.

Agreed. Everyone I know who is an LTS logged in just fine. It was VERY obvious no keys would be issued . . . because none were needed, as was stated in multiple areas all over both STO and Neverwinter web sites. It was also very obvious what exactly you had to do in order to play the Beta weekend. ~shrug~
Yeah I logged in to the NW client using my STO login. It's just that it wouldn't let me login again after monday morning.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 380
03-12-2013, 12:32 PM
... what is Neverwinter? and how is this connected to Star Trek?