Starfleet Veteran
# 5731
03-12-2013, 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisedallen89 View Post
James: *His new suit a greyish black as he looks at the map his son's vision placed there*

Son: *Mentally* The man is a fool thinking he can get the Dominion to help they are not concerned with helping either side... Plus his plan for distraction will fail miserably..

James: Ramez don't take Preston for a fool. He does have support from the liquid metal beings from history... I would expect him to use them... Our weapons given their destructive power still won't do much to them but annoy them..

This fleet *as he points to the second and third* you have most likely sent to their deaths... As they will simpley make the enemy force much more deadly... and larger.. Those asteroids * points to them as they are by Tazi and Celes* are not asteroids... It is them...

Preston knows this tactic and expects it..

The Dominion I expect will be trying to gain influence and probably trying to clash with the Synthesizers over territory... and eagerly waiting to see what happens in this battle.

What we need is a distraction that will not see the destruction of the 2nd and 3rd fleets but see their distraction actually do what is intended... As for bombarding the facility we have been tracking those transport movements of Shedai and Iconian transports and the disappearance of entire Newtype populations in entire systems.. I suspect that he has moved them here and is either using them as hostages and ground forces...

We have no idea as to how the defense on the station are they may have strong enough shielding or orbital weapon platforms...
Ramez: The 2nd and 3rd Fleets haven't left yet, so if you have a suggestion, i'd be glad to hear it.

Sam: What about Aldebaran?

Ramez: It's pretty heavily defended.

Sam: Our last intel on the system was a month ago, and one of General Sun Tzu's tactics was to "attack where your enemy least expects it". He expects us to move through the lightly defended systems, so strike a heavily defended one. Preston's forces won't expect it, and the 2nd and 3rd Fleets will still be able to get through and split up.

Ramez: Good idea, Captain. As for the System's defences, we don't have much intel, and I wouldn't expect it until we reach the target. We don't have time for a scouting mission.

We can send a scout 6 hours ahead of us, to get the sensor data, but it'll mean moving the 2nd and 3rd Fleets Distraction forward as well. If we have them attack Aldebaran, I'd rather they have more time.

Sam: Admiral, I helped the Federation test the Aldebaran Defences. If anyone can get through...

Ramez: I need you here Captain.

However, Captain Forrester was with you on the mission.

Sam: He knows just as much as I do.

Ramez: Very well. I'll have the Matthew Neilson rendezvous with the 3rd fleet.

Admiral Allen, the Dominion are moving as we speak. They should be arriving at the Idran System any moment now. I have Councillor Odo's personal assurances on that.
My Fan Fictions
Captain
# 5732
03-12-2013, 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan218 View Post
Ramez: The 2nd and 3rd Fleets haven't left yet, so if you have a suggestion, i'd be glad to hear it.

Sam: What about Aldebaran?

Ramez: It's pretty heavily defended.

Sam: Our last intel on the system was a month ago, and one of General Sun Tzu's tactics was to "attack where your enemy least expects it". He expects us to move through the lightly defended systems, so strike a heavily defended one. Preston's forces won't expect it, and the 2nd and 3rd Fleets will still be able to get through and split up.

Ramez: Good idea, Captain. As for the System's defences, we don't have much intel, and I wouldn't expect it until we reach the target. We don't have time for a scouting mission.

We can send a scout 6 hours ahead of us, to get the sensor data, but it'll mean moving the 2nd and 3rd Fleets Distraction forward as well. If we have them attack Aldebaran, I'd rather they have more time.

Sam: Admiral, I helped the Federation test the Aldebaran Defences. If anyone can get through...

Ramez: I need you here Captain.

However, Captain Forrester was with you on the mission.

Sam: He knows just as much as I do.

Ramez: Very well. I'll have the Matthew Neilson rendezvous with the 3rd fleet.

Admiral Allen, the Dominion are moving as we speak. They should be arriving at the Idran System any moment now. I have Councillor Odo's personal assurances on that.
James: I don't think even a token force would be enough... I see the Dominion locking horns with the synthesizers as we speak.. Believe me they want to see which side wins...

But other than that... Aldebaran is a better choice..

You must wonder though where did all those vessels go? By the way Admiral Ramez a word in private?
Starfleet Veteran
# 5733
03-12-2013, 11:32 AM
Quote:
James: I don't think even a token force would be enough... I see the Dominion locking horns with the synthesizers as we speak.. Believe me they want to see which side wins...

But other than that... Aldebaran is a better choice..

You must wonder though where did all those vessels go? By the way Admiral Ramez a word in private?
Ramez: Of course.

Sam: I'll leave you to it, but first, James, how can the Synthesisers be engaged with the Dominion when the Synthesisers are on the other side of the Galaxy?

*Sam walks out.*

Ramez: She raises a good point. Another thing, the Dominions idea of a 'token force' usually equates to 1500 ships, from what we've seen. I'd definitely take those odds.

Anyway, what did you want to speak with me about?
My Fan Fictions
Captain
# 5734
03-12-2013, 11:38 AM
Quote:
Ramez: Of course.

Sam: I'll leave you to it, but first, James, how can the Synthesisers be engaged with the Dominion when the Synthesisers are on the other side of the Galaxy?

*Sam walks out.*

Ramez: She raises a good point. Another thing, the Dominions idea of a 'token force' usually equates to 1500 ships, from what we've seen. I'd definitely take those odds.

Anyway, what did you want to speak with me about?
James: *Mentally to Sam* Don't think they are staying there I am sure your other half wishes to use this time to spread outward.. Check the gamma quadrant once again sector 403.

Of course it does.. But I am sure Preston has been planning for this for quite a while... even close to 5000 will be outgunned...

Anyway...

*OOC: I think you know what James is going to do.. At least once.. For the little incident earlier that cost him Miranda and maybe time with his children.. Nothing fatal but some terse words and a punch..*

Why did you give Sam those orders while I was on board.
Starfleet Veteran
# 5735
03-12-2013, 11:45 AM
Quote:
James: *Mentally to Sam* Don't think they are staying there I am sure your other half wishes to use this time to spread outward.. Check the gamma quadrant once again sector 403.

Of course it does.. But I am sure Preston has been planning for this for quite a while... even close to 5000 will be outgunned...

Anyway...

*OOC: I think you know what James is going to do.. At least once.. For the little incident earlier that cost him Miranda and maybe time with his children.. Nothing fatal but some terse words and a punch..*

Why did you give Sam those orders while I was on board.
Ramez: Admiral, I'm sorry for your loss, but we had a feeling that the Synthesisers were up to something.

It wasn't my call. I tried to tell Command to either give her time to run the procedure, or transfer you to a Medical Station, but they didn't want to risk the Synthesisers using the time to build up.

If I hadn't given Sam the orders, it wouldn't have changed anything. Command would have just issued the order themselves.

I know it's little consolation, but thanks to her sacrifice, and yours, we've got confirmed, up to date information on Synthesiser numbers and strategic data.

I AM sorry, Admiral. I know what it means to lose someone. My son was Captain of the R.S.S. Saratoga when it was destroyed during the Borg Assault on the Republic. I know how much pain you must be going through.
My Fan Fictions
Captain
# 5736
03-12-2013, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Ramez: Admiral, I'm sorry for your loss, but we had a feeling that the Synthesisers were up to something.

It wasn't my call. I tried to tell Command to either give her time to run the procedure, or transfer you to a Medical Station, but they didn't want to risk the Synthesisers using the time to build up.

If I hadn't given Sam the orders, it wouldn't have changed anything. Command would have just issued the order themselves.

I know it's little consolation, but thanks to her sacrifice, and yours, we've got confirmed, up to date information on Synthesiser numbers and strategic data.

I AM sorry, Admiral. I know what it means to lose someone. My son was Captain of the R.S.S. Saratoga when it was destroyed during the Borg Assault on the Republic. I know how much pain you must be going through.
James: You are no better than Preston... you or command... Does that still give them the right to do that to me and my children...

I am dying Ramez... probably in a few weeks... Those two kids of mine will be orphans and it is all thanks to you and command...

*Decks his with a haymaker jarring a a tooth or two out... *

*After a little bit*

James: Don't get me wrong but I would not have done it.. Not at the human price.
Career Officer
# 5737
03-12-2013, 12:05 PM
Jacob re appears on the harvest.

Jacob: we have so many problems.

Devon : sir command is frozen on a decision right now.

Jacob: james I think its time we handle this.
Starfleet Veteran
# 5738
03-12-2013, 12:05 PM
Quote:
James: You are no better than Preston... you or command... Does that still give them the right to do that to me and my children...

I am dying Ramez... probably in a few weeks... Those two kids of mine will be orphans and it is all thanks to you and command...

*Decks his with a haymaker jarring a a tooth or two out... *

*After a little bit*

James: Don't get me wrong but I would not have done it.. Not at the human price.
*Ramez slowly gets up, before walking onto the bridge. He passes Sam, who subsequently looks at T'mar.

Ramez enters the Turbolift. T'mar shakes her head.

Sam walks into the Situation Room.*

Sam: It wasn't his fault, James.
My Fan Fictions
Career Officer
# 5739
03-12-2013, 12:22 PM
Jacob: Roland have all ships go to yellow alert. We aren't going anywhere for awhile it looks like. Roland also get a comm net with all admirals in the area not command but field admirals. We will come up with the attack plan . Command as far as I care can go to hell.

Roland: aye sir sending messages now.

Devon: sir what about that station. We can't move with those things near it.

Jacob: ah but captain that is where you are wrong. It's in prototype still but I have been working on a way to defend ourselves from them but that is for once we get a plan formulated.
Starfleet Veteran
# 5740
03-12-2013, 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by logang19 View Post
Jacob: Roland have all ships go to yellow alert. We aren't going anywhere for awhile it looks like. Roland also get a comm net with all admirals in the area not command but field admirals. We will come up with the attack plan . Command as far as I care can go to hell.

Roland: aye sir sending messages now.

Devon: sir what about that station. We can't move with those things near it.

Jacob: ah but captain that is where you are wrong. It's in prototype still but I have been working on a way to defend ourselves from them but that is for once we get a plan formulated.
Comm Officer: Admiral, Ramez is on the comm, asking to speak with you in private.
My Fan Fictions