Captain
# 1 Please Ban The Griefer
03-12-2013, 10:54 AM
He's been repeatedly reported for griefing for over 6 months yet nothing has been done. Since I'm not allowed to name names, consider this a vent.

We all know who I'm talking about right? The guy who keeps flying shuttles, T1 and T3 sci ships into PvP, ruining everyone's fun.
Previously Alendiak
Daizen - Lvl 52 Engineer - Eclipse
Selia - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
Career Officer
# 2
03-12-2013, 12:18 PM
I don't condone it, but surely you're allowed to fly whatever you want where you want?
Career Officer
# 3
03-12-2013, 12:27 PM
Nothing will be done.

A ship filter would be awesome for public PvP. A sensible one that is. No ****ing shuttles!

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Captain
# 4
03-12-2013, 12:29 PM
Precisely it's a game for having fun if you want to use the game for seriousness join a premade

People should not get banned for flying a ship of their choice that's bulls**t

I'd rather have someone flying a shuttle than sitting AFK
----=====This is my opinion you don't have to listen and no one else has to read them these "OPINIONS" are based on my exploits and my learning other people will have their opinions and that's fine just don't knock my way of doing things thanks=====----
Captain
# 5
03-12-2013, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustafatennick View Post
Precisely it's a game for having fun if you want to use the game for seriousness join a premade

If you want to fly a Shuttle, create a private match with shuttles.

If you want to fly T2/3/4 ships, either buy their Fleet counterparts or level an alt to that level and PvP there.

Don't screw over the rest of us who actually want to compete by bringing RP fantasies into Arenas or CnH.
The first we heard of getting new PvP maps "soon" was in August of 2010. We're consistently told something will be coming with the "next" update. Absolutely nothing has come to PvP since launch.

I think it's finally time Cryptic stopped stringing us along, don't you?
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-12-2013, 12:38 PM
Quote:

No one brings a shuttle into the arena because they enjoy the ship type -- they do it to screw over other players.

If they wanted an all-shuttle arena, then sure. But you aren't going to damage any tier 5 ship in a shuttle, nor can you heal, or control, or do anything useful.

The only reasons players do it is to grief their team, and die quickly so they can collect dilithium.
Career Officer
# 7
03-12-2013, 12:41 PM
Quote:

Flying a shuttle into the queues is giving a free kill, each respawn, to the other team. It's a joke. If you do that, you're an ******* griefer.

Flying shuttle is just as bad as being AFK. Hell maybe even worse, because some AFKers will run away and hide. So even if you're down one man, they may not give an easy kill to the other team.

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Captain
# 8
03-12-2013, 12:58 PM
I will be honest I don't even have a shuttle on any of my kdf alts never did the mission

But now I realised how much it gets up people's noses I'm gunna switch back to my fed alts and step into my shuttle...because I can tell you now you lot aren't goin to tell me what I can and can't fly!

For instance I play mostly kdf and the 5 cap n holds I played today had 10 different odyssey and galaxy's classes all with rainbow beams now on about the 3rd match I flew up to one of them and Parked my bop uncloaked about 1km off this galaxy I used no buffs or heals and didn't fire any weapons it took literally 3 minutes of play time for this thing to take me to 20% hull

Now I can take my tier 3 battle cruiser(the d7 looking thing) into a pvp cap and hold run for about 15-20 minutes and get around 500k damage so I ask you this whos more in the wrong?

And I bet you now I could of done more damage than most of the oddys that were out there in my shuttle with 2 weapon slots
----=====This is my opinion you don't have to listen and no one else has to read them these "OPINIONS" are based on my exploits and my learning other people will have their opinions and that's fine just don't knock my way of doing things thanks=====----
Captain
# 9
03-12-2013, 01:04 PM
The thing is if you want to grief, you will still be able too even without using a low tier ship or shuttle.

He can just use no shields and no armor consoles and keep flying to the enemy and suiciding, or he could just AFK at the spawn.
Career Officer
# 10
03-12-2013, 01:14 PM
Quote:

Agreed.

I've pugged in my Peregrine once or twice before just for lulz. Even got a couple of kills. (And I got reported... ) I don't make a habit out of doing that but I honestly don't see the problem if anyone chooses to bring some unconventional ship into a random PvP queue.

Worst case, the match is over in five minutes and you go on to the next one. And as often as not, the lunatic in the shuttle or Miranda or whatever actually knows what he's doing and is more effective than Mr. Clueless in his shiny new Kumari.

"Look at all the pretty lights!"

The Masterverse Timeline / Ten Forward Fanfics