Survivor of Romulus
Welcome to the Foundry Roundtable, a weekly podcast dedicated to Foundry missions, mission building and other UGC issues starring Foundry authors Drogyn1701, Markhawkman, Hippiejohn and Greendragoon.

I have to apologize for the audio quality, my laptop on which I record the show had somehow filled up its hard drive and did not record any of the audio, so we were stuck with the backup recording on the main computer, which picks up rather a lot more background noise. I got rid of the most egregious of it, but there are still a lot of mouse clicks, so bear with us, we'll be back to much better quality next week.

Anyway, in Episode 5 we discuss story techniques by way of Star Wars and Babylon 5, NPC names, a mission by one of the devs and more.

listen to it here and here:

Missions discussed:
Various Challenge #6 Entries
Infinitesimal Frontier by dixonium
Qo'nos Noir by JTFrost (Crypticfrost)
Desperate Prey by djf021

Other notes:

We mention a dev who is suffering from cancer. We did some checking after the show and it is indeed H20rat. We wish him well and if anyone would like to help him out, go here: gofundme.com/valentine

Also in a previous show I said I would go count the number of custom costume slots. It's 50 by the way.

If you have a topic you?d like to see us cover or would like to be a guest-host, e-mail us at FoundryRoundtable@live.com or follow us on Twitter: @FoundryRoundtab
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for. Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Commander
# 2 Thanks for the shout out...
03-09-2013, 10:38 AM
Drogyn1701, just wanted to say thanks for the mention of my mission, and especially thanks for all the great tips. That's exactly what I need to improve-help from you Foundry veterans! Good luck with your future podcasts!

If you like Foundry missions, try mine here!
Captain
# 3
03-09-2013, 11:37 AM
Keep up the good work guys. I reccomend playing this podcasts while you work on you foundry missions. These guys cover content nobody else does.
Play more STO Foundry! (You can thank me later.)

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
03-09-2013, 07:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lincolninspace View Post
I reccomend playing this podcasts while you work on you foundry missions.
That's precisely what I had in mind when we started this podcast
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for. Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Captain
# 5
03-09-2013, 08:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
That's precisely what I had in mind when we started this podcast
hey are you still planning on sharing those costume files?

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR
Rihannsu
# 6
03-11-2013, 09:33 AM
which files? I have several I'm willing to share.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Survivor of Romulus
# 7
03-11-2013, 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lincolninspace View Post
hey are you still planning on sharing those costume files?
Yes, apologies, I keep getting sidetracked.
Captain
# 8
03-11-2013, 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
which files? I have several I'm willing to share.
We got a thread here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=575591

and here (no download required ): http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=581071

Captain
# 9
03-12-2013, 01:40 PM
Great show guys, except for the audio levels. This is my favorite audio podcast.
Survivor of Romulus
# 10
03-12-2013, 01:45 PM
Sorry KF, I will remember to up the volume for you next show