Career Officer
# 1721
03-12-2013, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashuk2381 View Post
Yeah if you have a decent enough team in the "normal" version you don't really have to worry about the 10% rule.
1. PUG.
2. Decent Team.

Pick one.

That's why I go for 10% when doing normals with PUGs. I won't ask the others to, but I try to equalize the damage regardless.

"Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference." - James T. Kirk
Commander
# 1722
03-12-2013, 12:16 PM
this is by far the best thread in the forum.

i just leveled up a sci alt to 50. since this alt is not well geared yet i decided to pug an infected ground normal. i have not done any normals in ages.

we do pretty well throughout the whole mission till the last room. right before we get to the last room someone just quits, so now down to 4.

we get to the last room and we clear it right, left, middle. 2 of us go to the station on the right while the other 2 run all over the place shooting like crazy.

i send a message through chat several times trying to get one of them's attention explaining we need 3 people to do the next step.

one falls into plasma near the entry ramp so i revive him thinking maybe now i can get his attention. nope, he continues to run around like crazy shooting everything.

it takes 3 to lower shields so after 10 -15 minutes i thank the one guy for trying and told him we may as well bail since the other 2 refused to come help.

pretty aggravating.
http://startrek.44thfleet.com/
Rihannsu
# 1723
03-12-2013, 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chroncrossed2 View Post
Also why just sit there AFK for who knows how long (perhaps an hour) waiting for your team to finish? You could simply help out and get it done in 10-15 minutes instead.
because that would require effort, which those people are trying to avoid
Quote:
[Combat (Self)] Your Kumari Phaser Wing Cannons - Overload deals 128698 (67705) Phaser Damage(Critical) to Borg Bird-of-Prey.
don't mess with the andorians
Quote:
Originally Posted by starswordc View Post
If it walks like an idiot, talks like an idiot, and acts like an idiot, it's a frakking idiot.
Starfleet Veteran
# 1724
03-12-2013, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by inputend21 View Post
Would you see it in your heart to write the KSN,I've never seen a Half hour long one,yet alone an hour o_O.
Just read the very first post. it was close to the same.
Starfleet Veteran
# 1725
03-12-2013, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fraghul2000 View Post
Reading comments like these:

and considering that you seem to have new tales of STFs gone horribly wrong every two days, it really seems like you are part of the problem.
Maybe I just do lots of STF's. Or, you may think the bad STF you have are normal.
Starfleet Veteran
# 1726
03-12-2013, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowfang240 View Post
because that would require effort, which those people are trying to avoid
This is in responce to the AFK thing that you responded to.

It's called FARMING. People who aren't interested in helping out but want to collect the goodies that come about in the STF's. It was most popular in the RED ALERT missions when they first came out and spread to STF's later in the game. I would estimate 1 out of 5 STF's has a Farmer hiding somewhere in the distance.

Another popular method of Farming is to set their weapons on stun and chase a probe, sphere or BOP off into the sunset. It looks like they are playing but they arent.
Captain
# 1727
03-12-2013, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake81499 View Post
Maybe I just do lots of STF's. Or, you may think the bad STF you have are normal.
I'm not complaining about the STFs I run. 99% of my PUGs are rather unspectacular and complete the optional without any reportable event.

You have already shared with us that you swear at people, tend to act like a douchebag and you seem to be in a rather large number of STfs gone bad. This only leaves one to conclude that you're the one screwing up.
Starfleet Veteran
# 1728
03-12-2013, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fraghul2000 View Post
I'm not complaining about the STFs I run. 99% of my PUGs are rather unspectacular and complete the optional without any reportable event.

You have already shared with us that you swear at people, tend to act like a douchebag and you seem to be in a rather large number of STfs gone bad. This only leaves one to conclude that you're the one screwing up.
I'd have to say that maybe 90% of my pugs are rather unspectacular and often over in decent times. Maybe after you do as many as I do you'll figure it out. Like I said earlier, many people who see Rainbow/Technicolor beams pounding away at a probe for several minutes might think that's the norm if they don't do many STF's.

Off to do another, have a great day.
Captain
# 1729
03-12-2013, 02:58 PM
Sigh. The Cure Elite (space) is like a magnet for grievers/noobs.

Can't remember when i have had a coherent team in there.

Last edited by questerius; 03-12-2013 at 03:02 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 1730
03-12-2013, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by questerius View Post
Sigh. The Cure Elite (space) is like a magnet for grievers/noobs.

Can't remember when i have had a coherent team in there.
I love the cure. Elite or normal. You see it all there. A good team can finish it in just a few minutes. A bad team, well you know how it goes. If I want to rack a few quick omegas I just do a Cure. It's always the first one I do in a Reputation Bonus event.

Next is Infected.

I don't really care for Kitimer (spelling). A bad pug can take forever and the winnings aren't worth the time. I usually only do it with fleet.