Captain
# 11
03-12-2013, 05:15 PM
Top UI annoyance? Setting up your tray can be a pain, but what really annoys me are activation bugs when you click on BOff abilities on their portraits.

Top gameplay annoyance? Stupid people. And the DPS-centric view of end-game PvE that Cryptic seems to have.

Top system annoyance? Weapon imbalance, and ship class imbalance.

Top Overall Annoyance? Not enough tribbles.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder. <--- DR proved me wrong!
Career Officer
# 12
03-12-2013, 05:19 PM
I find the default (run) stop/start movement animation annoying. Particularly because of the length of time you spend in the 'stopped' stance before returning to whatever stance you had set for being still. Other avatar games allow you to move a small bit in any direction in a much more natural manner. That includes other Cryptic games.

A small annoyance that I've learned to avoid as much as possible by keeping the walk toggle active.
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*
Survivor of Romulus
# 13
03-12-2013, 05:21 PM
the impossibility of making realistic characters (its almost impossible to make a female boff who does not look like a fashion model or a male one who does not look like GI Joe)
Captain
# 14
03-12-2013, 05:24 PM
the last time i had this much trouble with setting up keybinds i was playing arma.
that i have to exit shootermode to clear loot options rather than letting an auto looter that i can set preferences to for need or pass. and the general clunkiness of the boff controls in shooter mode.
Cryptic.
Figure out and address the players path of least resistance to reward. this one thing is THE consistent factor undermining all your efforts. be that crafting, raids or starbase projects.
Captain
# 15
03-12-2013, 05:26 PM
Bugs like the Invisible Torps.

No save option for power tray so have to do it all over again whenever I switch ships.

Game crashing and server not responding that sometimes happens during loading screen.

Inaccurate info or lack of proper info on things.

That is just a few.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-12-2013, 06:34 PM
Most annoyances;

- ALERTS!!! How you click on the red action alert prompting you to join, zone in only to be zoned right back out cause the event is over. Really friggin annoying!
- STF players who camp, should be automatically kicked if little to no dps-tank-heal activity occurs in event.
- How STF's rewards for DPS builds only, zero incentive for heal builds and/or tank builds. Tier it out so a player(s) get rewarded for calculating the most dps, heals, tanking damage.
- Even though I have a level 50 Tac alt, it would be nice to use my other lvl 50 alts, i.e., Sci / Eng. What's the incentive using a non-tac in STF's?
- The whole 8000 a day limit on dilithium refinement. I'm a Lifetime sub since day one, any chance to raise the limit for those who spent $300 on the LTS.
- Aligns with my 3rd point, more incentives for those who have been with STO since closed beta.
- PvP could be re-explored.

Please note, yes these comments are whiney... but you asked. Absolutely love STO and the only way I will quit playing is when the servers shut down.
Commander
# 17
03-12-2013, 06:45 PM
Security team and Shard of Possibilities chaff.

They by default hid fighters some patches ago, but left left those two to act as the ultimate shield.
Career Officer
# 18
03-12-2013, 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
Top UI annoyance? Setting up your tray can be a pain, but what really annoys me are activation bugs when you click on BOff abilities on their portraits.

Top gameplay annoyance? Stupid people. And the DPS-centric view of end-game PvE that Cryptic seems to have.

Top system annoyance? Weapon imbalance, and ship class imbalance.

Top Overall Annoyance? Not enough tribbles.
For me the number one thing that would get me playing again is having saveable tray and boff slots for ships.

Considering the dearth of content in this game one of the few guilty pleasure is flying different ships to mix things up. However I never do this because it takes 15 minutes a time to put all the slots back as they should be. It's annoying and makes me want to puke
Captain
# 19
03-12-2013, 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisoverlord View Post
For me the number one thing that would get me playing again is having saveable tray and boff slots for ships.

Considering the dearth of content in this game one of the few guilty pleasure is flying different ships to mix things up. However I never do this because it takes 15 minutes a time to put all the slots back as they should be. It's annoying and makes me want to puke
actually, it does that now.
unless you retrain/rename your boffs, the tray will remember your power layout.
Cryptic.
Figure out and address the players path of least resistance to reward. this one thing is THE consistent factor undermining all your efforts. be that crafting, raids or starbase projects.
Career Officer
# 20
03-12-2013, 07:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skollulfr View Post
actually, it does that now.
unless you retrain/rename your boffs, the tray will remember your power layout.
It saves your tray items? So I can go in change my ships around and the trays will be saved? because when I played the Yar Mission the Ent-C destroyed my tray slots when I swapped back to my ship.

Boffs kinda worked but were always flakey, I guess they cleaned the code up after the "free boff spot" exploit/bug. Though I can't confirm what you say because I'm not willing to test it.

Last edited by thisisoverlord; 03-12-2013 at 07:24 PM.