Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,263
# 1741
03-12-2013, 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jam3s1701 View Post
I've been running elites since the rep set came out but since the new borg buff I can't live long enough to make a dent lol

Would love some advice
What ship and captain are you?

stardestroyer001, VA Explorers Fury | Retired STO Player
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More! | My Forum Gripes
PvP: PvP Boot Camp, the best newbie oriented training initiative in STO!
Captain
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 747
# 1742
03-12-2013, 07:43 PM
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=569211

That's my load out

Escort retro fit
Tactical

The damage is fine but I just go boom
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,865
# 1743
03-12-2013, 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowfang240 View Post
not everyone; i was there watching, remember?
Oh, yeah, I forgot you stayed. You were still as a rock the whole time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
YAY I'M EVOLVED! *drools on his chin*
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
Welcome to the STO forums, where the evolutionary clock ticks backwards.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,263
# 1744
03-12-2013, 07:57 PM
I've posted some suggestions in the thread post you made.

If you need additional help, although I specialize more in cruisers, I do know some things on builds and tactical roles. Feel free to send an email to my ingame handle @stardestroyer001 if you need help.

stardestroyer001, VA Explorers Fury | Retired STO Player
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More! | My Forum Gripes
PvP: PvP Boot Camp, the best newbie oriented training initiative in STO!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 158
# 1745
03-13-2013, 12:43 AM
I'll do just my general whine

Yesterday I bailed out of a STF for a third time since I started playing STO a year ago. The team was ok (not great, but would have got the optional without putting a sweat) and all, but the connection was horrendous. My ship was going forward and backwards the whole time, one second I'm at full shields, the next I'm at 18% hull (and consequently die). I simply couldn't play....and dying with my main character is a major event (happens occasionally when I try to take the fire from Neggy, Raptor and Cube in CSE and most of my defensive buffs are on cooldown or when I receive 3 HY torpedoes in a time frame of 30 seconds).



Recently I'm having nightmares before I dare join KASE (which I don't fail to do regularly) - it's been far worse than CSE lately. I'm forced to deal with 2-3, sometimes 4 cubes - players disregard cubes and let them wander through the map. What happens if a probe guard can't handle it!? (which is the case most of the time). I'm observing this tendency the last 2 months and it becomes more and more frequent. The other thing is the (unnecessary) change of tactics midway, or the pure cluelessness of players, otherwise having top of the line zen store ships.
So..in a few words - I'm not surprised when 2 players go to a transformer, spawn a cube and go PUFF and then concentrate on the former, letting the latter get to me...I'm even kind of expecting it.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 309
# 1746
03-13-2013, 02:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by satanailofhwbg View Post
I'll do just my general whine

Yesterday I bailed out of a STF for a third time since I started playing STO a year ago. The team was ok (not great, but would have got the optional without putting a sweat) and all, but the connection was horrendous. My ship was going forward and backwards the whole time, one second I'm at full shields, the next I'm at 18% hull (and consequently die). I simply couldn't play....and dying with my main character is a major event (happens occasionally when I try to take the fire from Neggy, Raptor and Cube in CSE and most of my defensive buffs are on cooldown or when I receive 3 HY torpedoes in a time frame of 30 seconds).



Recently I'm having nightmares before I dare join KASE (which I don't fail to do regularly) - it's been far worse than CSE lately. I'm forced to deal with 2-3, sometimes 4 cubes - players disregard cubes and let them wander through the map. What happens if a probe guard can't handle it!? (which is the case most of the time). I'm observing this tendency the last 2 months and it becomes more and more frequent. The other thing is the (unnecessary) change of tactics midway, or the pure cluelessness of players, otherwise having top of the line zen store ships.
So..in a few words - I'm not surprised when 2 players go to a transformer, spawn a cube and go PUFF and then concentrate on the former, letting the latter get to me...I'm even kind of expecting it.
Seeing this a lot lately... you also sometimes have one dumbass go away from the rest of the team in a completely different direction, kill 2 transformers and high tail away from the cube as if the borg queen's gonna probe his nether regions...
----------------------------------------------------------------------
We still live!!!!! Hahahahahahahahaa! We live and we will conquer!!!!! Hahahahahaaha!

-Roach, when asked about Klingon extinction!
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,243
# 1747
03-13-2013, 02:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldicephoenix View Post
and high tail away from the cube as if the borg queen's gonna probe his nether regions...
with people like that, i kind of wish she would...
Quote:
[Combat (Self)] Your Kumari Phaser Wing Cannons - Overload deals 128698 (67705) Phaser Damage(Critical) to Borg Bird-of-Prey.
don't mess with the andorians
Quote:
Originally Posted by starswordc View Post
If it walks like an idiot, talks like an idiot, and acts like an idiot, it's a frakking idiot.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 247
# 1748
03-13-2013, 04:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jam3s1701 View Post
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=569211

That's my load out

Escort retro fit
Tactical

The damage is fine but I just go boom
If you need to learn how to build your escort use this thread.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=244532
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,305
# 1749
03-13-2013, 05:42 AM
Had a proper fail run of ISE earlier.

Took my Fleet Heavy Escort Carrier out for a run. Wound up in a team of three other players with awful DPS and no idea what they were doing, and one player who flew off toward the planet and stayed there, 'need'ing the loot drops and doing squat all else.

Bailed on it and went to work a few mintues early, which was preferable to sitting through a mission like that one!

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Career Officer
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 269
# 1750 Kinda Funny
03-13-2013, 10:42 AM
This one just kinda made me laugh at my own stupidity........

CSE - Near the beginning, on the Middle group. I'm flying the Kumari w/ the little guy cannons that follow you. I kinda drifted over to the left side(as you are facing it), get to the second level of probes - then the Borg Negh'Var spawns and I am way to close to it..........first thing the BNV does is hit me with an Isometric charge........everything went slow - I saw it bounce of me, then one of my flying cannons, then back to me....(I can't remember how many times those things bounce)....then boom full shield and hull(for what it's worth on the Kumari) gone....puff I go into oblivion...I'm pretty sure my whole team did a giant eyeroll......
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:29 AM.