Career Officer
# 21
03-12-2013, 08:12 PM
Broken Red Alerts.

And that bug where you try to pick up an item but it flips out and you have to close the window and reopen it but even that doesn't always work so I wind up slamming the F key mercilessly in the heat of combat only to have to navigate to the _ button to close it and try again. Especially that bug.
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-12-2013, 08:21 PM
STO being a DPS-centric game.
Captain
# 23
03-12-2013, 09:15 PM
Really annoying to have to re-REarrange all of my abilities every time I switch to a new ship.

No point in having higher tier ships come with lower tier weapons and gear. They're going to get discarded anyways.

FIX THE ABILITY TRAY BUGS ALREADY. Sick of having to continuously re-REarrange items like batteries and hypos during a fight just because the devs screwed up this feature which had been fine for the past 3yrs.

Not enough Open PvP zones.

Need a PvP que chat so players who have been waiting and actually hit the Accept button (like you're supposed to) can remind other players (usually Feds) who don't that they need to wake up and hit the Accept button.

I'm still Romulus_Prime. Joined STO in January 2010.
Starfleet Veteran
# 24
03-12-2013, 10:02 PM
That they have a window button up in the top-right even when you play in full-screen. I always accidentally click that when I am doing stuff with duty officers or managing my inventory, and I get to wait 30 seconds as my laptop struggles to switch the game into a window.

... And then another 30 seconds to switch it back to full-screen again.

Infuriating.
Empire Veteran
# 25
03-12-2013, 10:22 PM
Unable to log onto servers, buggy - and just plain stupid - pathfinding, poor graphics, portions of the game going wonky and not allowing you to play, communist economics, goofy workarounds to broken mechanics, broken mechanics, traffic ja...... oh, wait, that's SimCity. Never mind.
Career Officer
# 26
03-13-2013, 12:26 AM
The continual nerfing of science abilities and their general lack of canon.

I play pve exclusively and would love nothing more then the skills to be separated so that science skills in pve can finally act and function like they should. ever since season 3 it's been a downhill roll for science ships. Science ships don't even have the basic differences that distinguish them from one another.

And sensor analysis shouldn't take 15 minutes to complete during a battle. Seriously there's gotta be a better way, my bridge officer is an android....something is wrong.

They need to sit down and revamp the entire science skill and ship problem before adding the patch after the romulan one that's coming.

every mission being destroy-said-ship, the trays not being lockable (abilities auto showup), trays not being saved, keybinds not being saved and retrieved, communications that are being received suddenly removing cloak in space and on ground, almost no diplo missions early on, science heal skills on ground not removing debuffs or being triggered by debuffs, backdrop stars and graphics having clipping issues it's been 3 years now, loading screens between the levels of the ship interior not being anywhere near as fast as the embassy.

Last edited by the1tigglet; 03-13-2013 at 12:31 AM.
Lieutenant
# 27 Wanna list?
03-13-2013, 01:08 AM
Here's the ones I can remember off the top of my head:
Why does Mudd let me know he's leaving when i haven't contacted him?
Sector changes do not preserve ship position/rotation.
No transwarp to Romulus.
Inconsistent "F" and <return> acknowledgements
Why can I leave a fleet with one click, but I have to hit return twice to leave earth space?
Can we somehow vote people out of Elite STFs?
I would like to see an "acknowledge all" button on the completed DOFF list.
I would like to see a "hide" button so missions don't appear on my available missions list (must go to mission provider (like Admiral quinn).
Should the chef mission REALLY require 1000 hearts of targ?
- All reputation/starbase/embassy items should be able to be purchased SOMEWHERE.
Can the Azura comm codes please function from the bank?
Can we at least lock item positions so that the "sort" button doesn't kill appearance in the tray.
Game is SERIOUSLY lacking a fleet planning system:
- Officer mail - like officer chat, only goes to selected ranks and UNLIMITED
- BBS - nothing fancy just a way to discuss if we want to concentrate on starbase military or embassy diplomacy.
- at the very least... a non-public text area for discussing/voting/etc.
For Mac users - a full service starbase with a SMALL map. Large, complex maps KILL the wineskin wrapper. One round of Tour usually means rebooting.
Screw that. A MACOS CLIENT!
Why is it that having the inventory up kills the "battle mode"?
Can the need/greed popups be transparent

Oh....Fleet/team microphone popups in the chat window. Every time you drop a team you get another stack of useless space in the chat window. Eventually you have to log out to clear the window. Seems to happen most frequently when team joining a PvE with less than 5 total people.
Captain
# 28
03-13-2013, 01:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisoverlord View Post
It saves your tray items? So I can go in change my ships around and the trays will be saved? because when I played the Yar Mission the Ent-C destroyed my tray slots when I swapped back to my ship.

Boffs kinda worked but were always flakey, I guess they cleaned the code up after the "free boff spot" exploit/bug. Though I can't confirm what you say because I'm not willing to test it.
oh yea, that.
technically when that happened you had all your boffs replaced, breaking the system.
but, like i said, providing your boffs stay the same you should only have to set your tray up once per ship now.
as it turns out, an intrepid would lose a fight with a connie.
and thats canon.
! the power of plot compels you.
Captain
# 29
03-13-2013, 01:58 AM
All the damn loading screens.
Continuing lack of endgame content that isn't all about the grind.
Certain "reptilian" developers who are concerned more with shaping certain game elements according to their wishes rather than our wishes.
Career Officer
# 30
03-13-2013, 03:14 AM
Griefers. Those complete tools who enter an instance of *insert STF/Fleet action here* and either fly off and hide or sit at the respawn point and do nothing beyond click 'need' on the loot drops and then earn themselves a nice reward at the end for their lack of participation.

I fully realise that there is no easy answer to this, but that isn't what this thread is about anyway.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY