Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lieutenant
For some odd, strangely inconvenient reason, none of the support links through the website are working. None of them. I can't contact Cryptic directly even if I wanted to/even if they bothered to respond.

My ticket consisted of something like "My Khitomer STF ground accolade for receiving a Borg science bridge officer isn't working; I have already done 'Report to Gamma Orionis' and I have done what I needed to in Khitomer ground twice (die in the assimilation chamber before anyone blows it up) without any accolade popup or ability to receive the boff from the Admiral in Gamma Orionis battle group." It didn't have profanity, didn't have any personal complaints against Cryptic, nothing bad or vulgar or stupid. I just wanted to get a response to my trouble with this accolade.

Has anyone else had some ******* GM delete your ticket on something fairly significant as well? Have any of you tried a direct approach with Cryptic through the website? Do they even respond? I'm somewhat averse to opening up another in-game ticket: my ticket above ^ went 5-6 days without a response before some douchebag deleted it.
Ensign
# 2
03-12-2013, 11:34 PM
Tickets haven't worked ingame for awhile. You get a ticket # and it apparently disappears immediately. I've tried opening a ticket about the "Mouse Over" option being broken in HUD settings three times now. It's not just you.

I completed that accolade and got the Borg dude on my Fed main. If you can't I'm guessing it's either a bug with KDF or you should try moving deeper into the chamber. On my first attempt I stood just barely inside the chamber and didn't get credit. The second try I was right in the middle and it worked.
Lt. Commander
# 3 Not Just a KDF Bug
03-13-2013, 05:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by methodown View Post
I completed that accolade and got the Borg dude on my Fed main. If you can't I'm guessing it's either a bug with KDF or you should try moving deeper into the chamber. On my first attempt I stood just barely inside the chamber and didn't get credit. The second try I was right in the middle and it worked.
It's not a KDF bug, as one of my KDF characters got the accolade and the Borg science bridge officer. When I got it, I ran right into the middle of the chamber, and it worked.

I will not surrender!
Lieutenant
# 4
03-14-2013, 07:03 AM
It's not just you. I filed a ticket last night, as I am unable to utilize the off-duty outfits in uniform customization. Which annoys me, because I have spent real money on slots and the Merc outfit. When I checked this morning, I no longer had any tickets filed.

I'm inclined to believe what the first reply to this thread said, indicating a faulty ticket system and not some malevolent or indifferent GM. The question then becomes, if the bug reporting system is one of the broken systems, and devs spend little time on the forums, how exactly are they receiving updates on what is and is not broken?
Career Officer
# 5
03-14-2013, 07:53 PM
the whole bug report to fix pipeline got streamlined. bug reports now automagically go to the recycle bin on the one PC running windows 98SE that's used for content creation, but the 5.25" floppy disk is in use atm gearing up for raptor adapter release date, which is also being shared with the neverwinter dev team so basically don't expect much.
Captain
# 6
03-14-2013, 09:28 PM
PWE support has been hit and miss for the past year.

One request got decent service in 24 hours.
Average replys come back in 48 hours.
Most are 'cut and paste' responses that frustrate the hell out of you.
And ANY request is marked 'resolved' if you do not respond within 160 hours.
HAIL HYDRA! Kirk's Protege 10/26/13 http://www.dtfleet.com
Ensign
# 7
03-18-2013, 05:38 PM
submitted 2 tickets about exchange not receiving energy credits lost 6.45 million , just saw this thread and checked my tickets looks like nothing was saved for me either
Lieutenant
# 8
03-18-2013, 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddesjardins View Post
PWE support has been hit and miss for the past year.

One request got decent service in 24 hours.
Average replys come back in 48 hours.
Most are 'cut and paste' responses that frustrate the hell out of you.
And ANY request is marked 'resolved' if you do not respond within 160 hours.
Thanks for playing,
The Star Trek Online Team.

God bless 'em... I love that part.
Career Officer
# 9
03-18-2013, 05:50 PM
Expecting to get help from submitting a ticket in this game is...na?ve.

I have been playing since launch, and there are three possible outcomes to a ticket:

1) Get a canned response to a different problem, indicating that your ticket wasn't read. This happens even if you specifically say in your ticket that you tried the solution suggested, or that the problem isn't the one that the suggested solution fixes.

2) Get a canned, and thus insincere, apology basically telling you that they won't help you and you're screwed.

3) Wait days or weeks and hear nothing, until your ticket simply vanishes or is closed.

I have submitted well over a hundred tickets during the years I've been playing. Not a single one ever received a helpful response. Not. One.

Therefore, in some sense, immediately closing or deleting tickets represents an improvement, since it eliminates any baseless hope of getting help. Basically, it used to take forever to get an useless response, whereas now it's instantaneous.

Worst customer service of any MMO I've ever played. No other game even comes close to being as bad.
Commander
# 10
03-18-2013, 08:59 PM
in most games they always hire morons to work customer support.

a while back i posted bug reports and i got a response
they said please submit a bug report by choosing bug report
so i sent another bug report and they told me same thing again lol.

so now i dont bother with reporting bugs or reporting a player any more.

Last edited by artanisen; 03-18-2013 at 09:13 PM.