Career Officer
# 21
03-12-2013, 02:54 PM
Let them fly what they want, I can't remember the last time I saw a shuttle in a PVP, and it's rare to see any fleet tier ships that look low level, even more so if they ARE Tier 1-4.

The second you start trying to tell people they can't fly or use things that are NOT broken or bugged, you know you're just trying too hard to control stuff.

If I queue up and find somebody like this on my team, sure it's annoying. But it's just an arena. And half the time the other side is a premade with nothing better to do anyway. The end scores will reflect the weakness on your team. If it matters so much, fly with some friends, limit your chances. If not it's just one more thing that we can't control and thus shouldn't waste time moaning about.
Captain
# 22
03-12-2013, 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquitaine985 View Post
Let them fly what they want, I can't remember the last time I saw a shuttle in a PVP, and it's rare to see any fleet tier ships that look low level, even more so if they ARE Tier 1-4.

The second you start trying to tell people they can't fly or use things that are NOT broken or bugged, you know you're just trying too hard to control stuff.

If I queue up and find somebody like this on my team, sure it's annoying. But it's just an arena. And half the time the other side is a premade with nothing better to do anyway. The end scores will reflect the weakness on your team. If it matters so much, fly with some friends, limit your chances. If not it's just one more thing that we can't control and thus shouldn't waste time moaning about.
These are the facts, they are irrefutable.

vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
Captain
# 23
03-12-2013, 11:21 PM
funny enough, the ONE time I took a shuttle into PvP it was C&H, and my team WON (because, in part, I was so small the other side didn't even NOTICE me taking objectives, and they had a hard time engaging me when they DID notice me...)

On the subject of lower tier ships: dependent on build, some of them can still be effective if the player running them knows what he or she is doing, esp. against non-premades. For instance, there is less difference between a Ch'tang and a Hegh'ta than you'd think if you're only looking at stats, as opposed to how it's being used, and by what sort of toon...
"when you're out of Birds of Prey, you're out of ships."
Captain
# 24
03-13-2013, 12:56 AM
I had fun taking shuttles into stf's.... I'm not allowed to do that anymore. Why can't I have my fun there?

Oh that's right, because it was considered to be screwing over the rest of the team.

The tech is already in place for pve, why can't they make it for pvp?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?
Captain
# 25
03-13-2013, 01:49 AM
Because it would ruin the only remaining use for shuttles in the entire game and screw over the competitive shuttle-sales market, as without the ability to PvP in your shuttles, there is no reason to have one, as apparently they can't outlaw shuttles from PvP without completely eliminating shuttle PvP, just like you cannot run private Shuttle or Tuffle STF anymore.

They should really remove those restrictions from private queues: If we want to horse around in private by running completely goofy attempts, we should be able to!

Even then, implementing such a ban in public would not stop people from showing up in Mirandas, since Mirandas are a legal starship category, and people in Mirandas are allowed to PvP. Some of us even LIKE Miranda PvP.
Captain
# 26
03-13-2013, 02:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maicake716 View Post
I had fun taking shuttles into stf's.... I'm not allowed to do that anymore. Why can't I have my fun there?

Oh that's right, because it was considered to be screwing over the rest of the team.

The tech is already in place for pve, why can't they make it for pvp?
I think THAT had more to do with trying to salvage/protect the reputation of STF as a viable example of end-game content-it was becoming a fad, after a while, for teams of shuttles to routinely hammer ISE, then post screen-shots of the feat, (thus proving that even the "elite" stf's were, basically, too easy against a prepared team of good players-regardless of how little said players were actually carrying into the event!)

I say this, because "When I was new"(er) to this game and going through the forums to gather info on how to improve, I saw postings by fleet-teams like the Ausmonauts based on that very feat of defeating "End Game Content(pve)" with, essentially, the smallest and weakest toys in the box. At the onset of S6, the Devs blocked shuttles from STF's-this (iirc) was at about the point when people from LESS prominent fleets were posting theirs-in a way, kind of like the sudden realization up there in Developer land that certain things (tric mines, the T4 Rep Passive, etc.) were making a mockery of "No Win Scenario" and other PVE content.
"when you're out of Birds of Prey, you're out of ships."
Captain
# 27
03-13-2013, 02:59 AM
Quote:
Let them fly what they want, I can't remember the last time I saw a shuttle in a PVP.
I ran into a shuttle premade a little over a month ago, it was hilarious.
Career Officer
# 28
03-13-2013, 03:13 AM
Quote:

Fine, I don't ever want to see you post or complain in OPvP about "spamming" premades.

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Captain
# 29
03-13-2013, 06:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoge00f View Post
Fine, I don't ever want to see you post or complain in OPvP about "spamming" premades.
Can folks still complain about folks using things that are actually broken...?
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder - R'ebel, Romulan, Haakona
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba - Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethean, M.Qin
Captain
# 30
03-13-2013, 06:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickngo View Post
I think THAT had more to do with trying to salvage/protect the reputation of STF as a viable example of end-game content-it was becoming a fad, after a while, for teams of shuttles to routinely hammer ISE, then post screen-shots of the feat, (thus proving that even the "elite" stf's were, basically, too easy against a prepared team of good players-regardless of how little said players were actually carrying into the event!
Yeah, but that wouldn't do anything about Miranda STFs.