Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Graphical and Sound Issues
Login

Career Officer
# 11
02-18-2013, 01:35 PM
no issues for me and my GTX460 and those settings, have you considered it might be the Antique OS your running that has all but been abandoned. Corprate America is ditching it in droves finally so your going to keep getting issues running XP these days. Is there a reason you continue to run that OS
Rihannsu
# 12
02-19-2013, 05:06 AM
The latest tribble patch has fixed the AA issue for me. It's even in the patch notes.

Still, it is difficult to change anything through a slider, like bloom or brightness - the moment I use it the game freezes, sometimes for a few seconds, sometimes for even a minute or so.

As for the OS - it's still supported for the most part and I didn't have any issues with it aside from a couple of games that simply do not work on it. So no reason for me to change it "just because", especially since 7 or 8 are not cheap. I'm not one of those people who change/fix something that works.
Career Officer
# 13
02-20-2013, 07:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by suaveks View Post
The latest tribble patch has fixed the AA issue for me. It's even in the patch notes.

Still, it is difficult to change anything through a slider, like bloom or brightness - the moment I use it the game freezes, sometimes for a few seconds, sometimes for even a minute or so.

As for the OS - it's still supported for the most part and I didn't have any issues with it aside from a couple of games that simply do not work on it. So no reason for me to change it "just because", especially since 7 or 8 are not cheap. I'm not one of those people who change/fix something that works.
Its not about if it ain't broke don't fix it. Its more of its an 11 year old operating system getting minimal support from companies with support dead in a year. It lacks support for modern ram sizes, hardware features, and driver support. The most used is is now 7 with XP quickly falling. Take it from a professional XP is no longer viable
Ensign
# 14
02-28-2013, 12:58 PM
I have an issue with the graphics in the game on my laptop. The graphics look washed out on my computer. I don't know how to fix this issue. I am using Steam to play the game. For example, while loading the game there are some areas in the loading screen that are green and not displaying the correct colour for space. How do I fix this?
Career Officer
# 15
03-01-2013, 01:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jitto View Post
I have an issue with the graphics in the game on my laptop. The graphics look washed out on my computer. I don't know how to fix this issue. I am using Steam to play the game. For example, while loading the game there are some areas in the loading screen that are green and not displaying the correct colour for space. How do I fix this?
Could you please list your system specification and which graphics driver your using.
Click to visit Subspace-Radio
Twitter | Blog | Original Join Date: Dec 2007 | Gaming Setup | Raptr Profile | Gamer DNA
The opinions expressed in my posts are my own views and do not reflect on any other entity(s) or person(s) I may or may not represent at the time.
Ensign
# 16
03-13-2013, 03:14 AM
Hello all! I am encountering a very similar problem as several of the above posters. I've recently bought a new gaming laptop an MSI GT70 0ND-445US.

The laptop switches between the on board video and the discrete videocard in an effort to keep heat down and improve battery life.

After the game loads it 'auto detects' the video card and only sees the on board video card and sets everything to the lowest settings. When I go to set them back to my preferred settings, several of the option are not available (depth of field etc etc) citing 'GPU not available' or something similar.

I load the game through steam. I have tried to set the file preferences of the executable to execute with Nvidia Geforce. This doesn't seem to effect the games auto-detection.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Rig Specs
CPU i7 3630QM Processor
OS Windows 8
Memory 12GB DDR3 1600MHz
Graphics nVIDIA Geforce GTX675M 3D Graphic Card
Graphics VRAM 2GB GDDR5
Ensign
# 17
04-27-2013, 04:06 PM
I have been having the problem with full screen mode myself if I play the game in full screen mode the colors are washed out and the screen is really bright I have to take the brightness down to like 45 -50 just fixed the brightness, but the game still looks really bad.

If I run the game in windowed maximize mode the game looks 100 times better the colors are rich not washed out and brightness is just right. Anyone else had this problem before?

Intel i7 3770K
EVGA GTX 660 SC 2 GB
8GB DDR3