Captain
# 1 grenades
03-02-2013, 02:14 PM
My fed toon is an engineer. I like using all his devices, but sometimes I just want to throw a grenade and shoot stuff. I looked around but cant seem to find anywhere to buy ~regular grenades? I know you can get some of those freeze grenades from the Breen mission and you can get Borg grenades from the STFs, but it doesnt look like you can buy or craft anything? A future without shrapnel grenades is not a future I want to live in...
Career Officer
# 2
03-02-2013, 03:00 PM
They are tac abilities, not for engs.

They do less damage than just one of five/six those mines you lay down with a much longer recycle time.
Delirium Tremens
Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
Nothing to do anymore.
http://dtfleet.com/
Visit our Youtube channel
Captain
# 3
03-02-2013, 03:07 PM
Tacs have more of the specials, I just want to buy some regular frags
Captain
# 4
03-02-2013, 03:11 PM
You want Frags? Go play CoD. This is STAR TREK.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Captain
# 5
03-02-2013, 03:30 PM
Photon Grenades are the closest thing to Frags, but they are Tactical, as are all other grenades. The only thing us Engineers have to use are the Breen cryo grenades, or the anti-Borg ones we get in STF.

Click here to view my DeviantArt.
Captain
# 6
03-02-2013, 03:37 PM
The adapted MACO/KHG shotgun also has a grenade launcher on the secondary fire with a 20 second cooldown. Since the grenade doesn't explode immediately upon landing, it is more entertaining since it acts like a real grenade.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramming Speed at its finest.
[Combat (Self)] Your Ramming Speed III deals 158125 (201492) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to [Player's Scimitar].
We are the Borg. Irrelevancy is irrelevant. ~ Cry OP, and let slip the devs of nerf!
Check out my STO Youtube channel!
Why are you hovering over my signature? Play my mission! :-)
Captain
# 7
03-03-2013, 12:47 PM
I think their should be EMP grenades that anyone can use and they can temporarily prevent energy weapons from being used and also stop some Kit abilities from being used for a short time.
Captain
# 8
03-13-2013, 05:40 AM
Minor note, the Lobi store also sells a couple of paralysis grenades for 5 crystals each

http://www.stowiki.org/Chroniton_Grenade
http://www.stowiki.org/Tholian_Web_Grenade

Seems like its easier to grind the mission for the Breen grenades, and not really what I was looking for anyway, but wanted to add them here