Starfleet Veteran
# 11
03-11-2013, 09:39 AM
Just an off thought, but maybe it could star some no-name, never-seen engineer from the Enterprise who thinks himself far more important than he actually is.

Quote:
"Everyone thinks of Scotty as a miracle worker, but with out me, [insert name you've never heard of], the Enterprise would have been blown up ten times over."

@greendragoon
Captain
# 12
03-11-2013, 10:15 AM
That is almost cooler than having scotty in your mission.
Play more STO Foundry! (You can thank me later.)

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR
Survivor of Romulus
# 13
03-11-2013, 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreendragoon1 View Post
Just an off thought, but maybe it could star some no-name, never-seen engineer from the Enterprise who thinks himself far more important than he actually is.
Scotty's little-known and vastly under-appreciated assistant chief engineer Lt. Chip Driftwood. lol
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Empire Veteran
# 14
03-13-2013, 02:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post
no you cant use it. You cant use the likeness of an actor unless heavily disguised by makeup. minor changes in their look based on time is not a loophole for this.
But he's dead, Jim. And I doubt a dead man can disagree.

Cryptic used his face in the Klingon FE because there's no need to ask dead people if you can use their (dead) faces in games.

So the issue is: it's not illegal and there's no reason to forbid that in the EULA but it's still against the EULA. I'm sure it could be clarified in a way, if the devs care about it.

Last edited by diogene0; 03-13-2013 at 02:43 AM.
Rihannsu
# 15
03-13-2013, 02:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
But he's dead, Jim. And I doubt a dead man can disagree.

Cryptic used his face in the Klingon FE because there's no need to ask dead people if you can use their (dead) faces in games.

So the issue is: it's not illegal and there's no reason to forbid that in the EULA but it's still against the EULA. I'm sure it could be clarified in a way, if the devs care about it.
No. This is not correct.

You cant just use a persons likeness just because they are dead. Likeness rights can extend to a persons family. if you use his image for your own means and his family find out they can still have it pulled.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Captain
# 16
03-13-2013, 08:23 AM
I wonder if we can get a Dev to comment on this? Could you have say Spock or Scotty or Kirk if you had them represented by one of the stock tos starfleet npc's, since none of those were designed to copy an actors likeness?
Play more STO Foundry! (You can thank me later.)

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR
Rihannsu
# 17
03-13-2013, 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreendragoon1 View Post
I kinda like this idea, maybe use the guy who replaced Scotty after he retired?
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.