Captain
# 1751
03-13-2013, 11:59 AM
Just finished the worst for me. It was Conduit. Started pretty good, everybody did the 10% and got both sides down. Only real problem early on was that some of the spheres were left alive, and by the time we got to the gate there were still a few spheres running around. Teamwork completely fell apart at this point, and half the team was getting killed in 1-v-1 fights with spheres, while the cube was doing its one-hit invis weapon kill from 20k. Game ended when the cube warped over to the spawn point and started reskilling the players with one-hit kills. Two of the players just gave up and disconnected, another flew to the map boundary, while me and the 5th fellow were getting instakilled by the cube. I was at 90 second respawns and finally just gave up. Pointless. I have 3 niobium consoles and it was reskilling with that stupid invis weapon. Really, at this point I'm just going to go with the position that devs could not make the game work so they put in a cheat for the computer side.

proof > http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x...ginstakill.png

Last edited by ursusmorologus; 03-13-2013 at 12:06 PM.
Career Officer
# 1752
03-13-2013, 01:11 PM
How is that proof of anything? It doesn't even show your combat log.

"Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference." - James T. Kirk
Captain
# 1753
03-13-2013, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ursusmorologus View Post
Really, at this point I'm just going to go with the position that devs could not make the game work so they put in a cheat for the computer side.
well. they actually did that. tho you the proof is more like HSE not ISE. I mean you can pretty much solo that cube, if your timers are not frakked up (still alone you should not die more than twice, on a bad day, esp not three of you, lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjeff View Post
oh you are one of them elite players with their combatlogs and statistics proof... this was proof enough for me, why question him, when there is a viable proof???
Captain
# 1754
03-13-2013, 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjeff View Post
it shows I was 15k away from the cube when it killed me. I cannot engage at 15k. I was just *poof* dead

ps--I thought I grabbed the ~40k damage floater in that screen but I see now that I didnt

Last edited by ursusmorologus; 03-13-2013 at 01:27 PM.
Captain
# 1755
03-13-2013, 03:21 PM
Quote:
it shows I was 15k away from the cube when it killed me. I cannot engage at 15k. I was just *poof* dead

ps--I thought I grabbed the ~40k damage floater in that screen but I see now that I didnt
You were probably within 10k when it fired off that torp, and you got out to 15k, but the torp followed you. Happens all the time.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Captain
# 1756
03-13-2013, 04:41 PM
Also the hard-points from where the weapons are fired are not necessarily the same as the hard-point for determining the distance.

A prime example for this are the gates. A player can sit at 8 km from the gates and still be safe from weaponry from the gate because the gate weapons are located on top of the gate.
Starfleet Veteran
# 1757
03-13-2013, 11:56 PM
I just did a Khitomer Accord Normal, where a player couldn't kill a probe by himself. While I was beating on a transformer, I was keeping an eye on the gate defense. This guy would attack a probe as it came out of a portal, keep attacking it as it went to the gate, and the probe would go through the gate.

The STF took almost 30 minutes to complete. We lost the objective because of time. 9/10 probes made it through. It would have been 10/10 if I hadn't been destroying probes AND destroying transformers.

I'm a sci/sci but I think I was top DPS by far in that one.

The guy that couldn't kill a probe must have had some wonky ship setup. He kept shooting really weak tricobalts that couldn't even dent anything they hit. But after the tric nerf maybe that's to be expected?
Commander
# 1758
03-14-2013, 12:18 AM
Worst STF experiences....gonna get a lot worse it seems.

There is a resurgence of the rumor that failing the optional rewards better gear.

All day today, in every PUG, at least one or two people failing the optionals, intentionally.

No response to team chat, no response to PMs.

Always doing just what's necessary to fail the optional, but otherwise playing spectacularly, no rainbow boats, solid DPS, just being ********s.

Really, really annoying. Time to go back to fleet teaming only again.

Granted, in every case I got a piece of MK XII gear....so maybe there is something to the rumor, but dammit Jim, I need omega marks, not XII purple dual tetryon cannons DMGx3.
Rihannsu
# 1759
03-14-2013, 12:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jornado View Post
Granted, in every case I got a piece of MK XII gear....so maybe there is something to the rumor, but dammit Jim, I need omega marks, not XII purple dual tetryon cannons DMGx3.
if you don't need those cannons, i'll be glad to take them off your hands/paws/tentacles/other appendages
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwecaptainsmirk View Post
*reassuringly strokes your hair*
Hush now, you will be back kicking Neelix and killing those nasty Vaadwaur soon enough... hush child.
*pat pat on your head*
epic smirk is epic
Career Officer
# 1760
03-14-2013, 06:49 AM
Quote:
Just finished the worst for me. It was Conduit. Started pretty good, everybody did the 10% and got both sides down. Only real problem early on was that some of the spheres were left alive, and by the time we got to the gate there were still a few spheres running around. Teamwork completely fell apart at this point, and half the team was getting killed in 1-v-1 fights with spheres, while the cube was doing its one-hit invis weapon kill from 20k. Game ended when the cube warped over to the spawn point and started reskilling the players with one-hit kills. Two of the players just gave up and disconnected, another flew to the map boundary, while me and the 5th fellow were getting instakilled by the cube. I was at 90 second respawns and finally just gave up. Pointless. I have 3 niobium consoles and it was reskilling with that stupid invis weapon. Really, at this point I'm just going to go with the position that devs could not make the game work so they put in a cheat for the computer side.

proof > http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x...ginstakill.png
R.e the pic - I really do wish that they'd be a bit more forgiving with the respawn timer. 86 seconds is pretty unfair, especially if the Tac cube is on one of it's one-shot rampages.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdmc View Post
Remember, this place [Captain's Table] is so desolate that upon entering the Aenigma Nebula you will be prompted with a warp out box because the game thinks you flew there by mistake.