Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Fleetyards
Login

Captain
# 11
03-05-2013, 03:47 AM
XI blue or purple; no difference. Never saw or heard of a XII version.
Captain
# 12
03-08-2013, 07:54 AM
dont see why the kdf cant get an infiltration mission to "recover a stolen prototype from the federation", rather than wait for a doff assignment.
If you like the RPG trinity, then you hate MMOs, you hate working, competitive fair PvP, you hate balanced engaging solo content,
and,
you hate PvE "adventure zones". because the trinity is incompatible with any of these.
Commander
# 13
03-13-2013, 11:51 AM
If I may ask, what is the point of this type of torpedo? I got one of these launchers to try it out for a bit, and for the life of me, I don't yet see why I would use it. What does it do better than some other type of torp?

Thanks,
Gen
Survivor of Romulus
# 14
03-13-2013, 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by generator88 View Post
If I may ask, what is the point of this type of torpedo? I got one of these launchers to try it out for a bit, and for the life of me, I don't yet see why I would use it. What does it do better than some other type of torp?

Thanks,
Gen
i think people like it for the aoe burst that comes off it. i dont use it my self thers alot better torps out there
Captain
# 15
03-13-2013, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by generator88 View Post
Its not the absolute best torpedo launcher for all situations but it does respectable damage and has many useful properties.

1) extremely fast projectile speed means you can actually shoot the target's hull instead of having to worry that shields will come back up before it gets there

2) radiation damage-over-time, similar to plasma fire damage-over-time but a little stronger and (possilbly) less resistable

3) secondary (delayed) kinetic damage explosion, so if the first kill and DoT didnt do the job, the delayed boom might

Good all-around torp
Commander
# 16
03-13-2013, 12:30 PM
Okay, I guess those are all selling points, but I'm not sure if they'll be enough to drag me away from my love of photons and quantums (I love the classics). One thing I noticed during my test drive was that when a ship that's been harghpenged goes to 0 hull, it explodes immediately, not in the going-going-gone fashion that is the norm. I don't know if that a bug or a feature, but it's there, for whatever it's worth.

Thanks again.
Captain
# 17
03-13-2013, 12:36 PM
I've got a purple Mk 11 harpeng as a critical success on the 'obtain harpeng' DOFF mission. I recall having a blue one months ago until S6 changed the rarity. It did some weird things to my Shard of Kahless too- it's purple on one toon, gold on the other.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf

Last edited by lordmalak1; 03-16-2013 at 11:33 AM.