Cryptic Studios Team
# 1 Season 7 Dev Blog #40
03-13-2013, 12:02 PM
Lead Content Designer Scott "Goatshark" Shicoff shares details about the fourteenth Starbase Featured Project in this entry of the Season 7 News Dev Blog series.

Link to the blog.
Career Officer
# 2
03-13-2013, 12:15 PM
I do like these, I just wish the cost was brought down. The base and embassy upgrades make these wasted things to do.
I'll stop kicking that horse when the bugs fixed. Until then as a paying consumer, I will voice my opinion.
Captain
# 3
03-13-2013, 12:21 PM
Must be really scraping the bottom of the barrel now. Banners for FEDs, Mannequins for KDF.

Really wish we'd get featured projects that allows the customization of the LOWER decks. "Ops" is looking more like a crew lounge (FED) rather than an actual OPerationS Center.
Career Officer
# 4
03-13-2013, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsyblade View Post
I do like these, I just wish the cost was brought down. The base and embassy upgrades make these wasted things to do.
Quoted for truth!

I like the decor projects, but asking anyone to spend 20,000 dil on any one project is asking a lot. With a limit of 8000 Dilithium refined a day... and 480/Dilithium an hour as the average, means that a single person working on this project will take 41 hours, stretched over a period of a month or more given the average persons playtime being 1-3 hours.

All in all this equates to too high an expense for questionable content.
Give us stuff we can earn in a few days, not over a month of play. Give us stuff that does something for us... not content we have to grind repeatedly to earn minor bonuses and equipment that used to be free...

Develop don't rinse repeat reuse... we are gamers not recyclers.
Career Officer
# 5
03-13-2013, 12:42 PM
When will you give us a Fleet Flagship to build outside our starbase?
----
Republic Veteran
# 6
03-13-2013, 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meurik View Post
Must be really scraping the bottom of the barrel now. Banners for FEDs, Mannequins for KDF.
They're giving us what the other faction already has, only fair.
Republic Veteran
# 7
03-13-2013, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvnswords View Post
Quoted for truth!

I like the decor projects, but asking anyone to spend 20,000 dil on any one project is asking a lot. With a limit of 8000 Dilithium refined a day... and 480/Dilithium an hour as the average, means that a single person working on this project will take 41 hours, stretched over a period of a month or more given the average persons playtime being 1-3 hours.

All in all this equates to too high an expense for questionable content.
Give us stuff we can earn in a few days, not over a month of play. Give us stuff that does something for us... not content we have to grind repeatedly to earn minor bonuses and equipment that used to be free...

Develop don't rinse repeat reuse... we are gamers not recyclers.
Make Friends problem solved.
Republic Veteran
# 8
03-13-2013, 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by v4liance View Post
Lead Content Designer Scott "Goatshark" Shicoff shares details about the fourteenth Starbase Featured Project in this entry of the Season 7 News Dev Blog series.

Link to the blog.
Ha Ha Ha, Lead "Content" Designer,money for old rope more like

Join date July 2012 ... My feckin arse ( Feb 2010 )
"The great thing about the internet is its leveling effect; online all opinions are equally WORTHLESS."-- Grant Morrison
Career Officer
# 9
03-13-2013, 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
Make Friends problem solved.
What does this do?

It doesn't remove the overall cost of Starbase and Embassy dilithium cost.

Even larger fleets avoid these 200k dil projects in favor of the 1 million dil Embassy T2 upgrade.

Considering these projects are nothing but aesthetics. My fleet actively avoids these projects, not based off our members count. We base it off we'd rather our members put dil into projects they can get something useful in return.

However the counterpoint to requesting the lowered cost is "Do fleets who have done this get a refund?". I would say yes, considering you can physically see how many projects are completed.

Here's how

Add a contact on the Starbase and Embassy, have them have the total dil refunded stored there. When you speak to the contact, that contact gives you a popup. You can then click "Fill active projects". The contact then automatically adds the dil in his storage to your current projects waiting to be filled. Just keep using the contact till his storage is empty, contact remains. Can be used in the future if Devs decide to alter Starbase related cost. Add a conversion table if needed to replace other input changes done.

I'm not a programmer, but the tech doesn't appear to be that hard to implement. It would benefit large and small fleets as a whole.
I'll stop kicking that horse when the bugs fixed. Until then as a paying consumer, I will voice my opinion.
Republic Veteran
# 10
03-13-2013, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsyblade View Post
What does this do?

He is saying its hard to do alone, and if you're in a fleet alone then the price is not your problem.