Rihannsu
# 11
03-13-2013, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsyblade View Post
Add a contact on the Starbase and Embassy, have them have the total dil refunded stored there. When you speak to the contact, that contact gives you a popup. You can then click "Fill active projects". The contact then automatically adds the dil in his storage to your current projects waiting to be filled. Just keep using the contact till his storage is empty, contact remains. Can be used in the future if Devs decide to alter Starbase related cost. Add a conversion table if needed to replace other input changes done.
No and if you cannot figure out the problem with that I am afraid you really dont understand why such ideas are not bad but rather, would destroy the game as it is.
Career Officer
# 12
03-13-2013, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
No and if you cannot figure out the problem with that I am afraid you really dont understand why such ideas are not bad but rather, would destroy the game as it is.
It's simply an idea, my fleet found a solution to the high cost with low return. We just don't do them, as they are not needed to play.

Can you point out where my idea is bad and how it would destroy the game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
He is saying its hard to do alone, and if you're in a fleet alone then the price is not your problem.
A fleet of 25 who actively contribute can go pretty far. As opposed to a fleet of 150 who rarely anyone is willing to contribute dilithium.

It cost a lot of cash but a single person whose willing to buy the dilithium can in fact do it alone.
I'll stop kicking that horse when the bugs fixed. Until then as a paying consumer, I will voice my opinion.

Last edited by gypsyblade; 03-13-2013 at 01:40 PM.
Rihannsu
# 13
03-13-2013, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Can you point out where my idea is bad and how it would destroy the game?
Not the game per say but rather current mechanics in place.

And the reason is simple, Dilithium trade.

Right now you can spend Dilithium but its a one way street, you can buy items with them or put it on Fleet projects, now this cuts gold sellers from doing Dilithium farming to see it because the only potential customer are Fleets.

By allowing a "Dilithium bank" the only defense mechanism on Fleets is gone, it would allow Fleets with wallets to pay Dilithium farmers in bulk since there would be no limits, this is one of the reasons why they are very weary of adding a cancel project button, at least one that would give refunds since it could lead to potential abuses.

Anything that deals with Dilithium is problematic due to the current system being entirely locked, anything that allows external storage outside your account can lead to abuses.

Also by making a "bank" this would be a way for Fleets to extort a tax or membership fee by forcing members to donate to project (like a provisioning project) so it goes to the bank or be kicked out, right now Fleets have no way of forcing a Dilithum fee since the entire system offers no feedback to who contributed what to where and attempts to force a Dilithium fee are self defeating due to how there is no Fleet storage system for Dilithium.

In the end such mechanic would bring a lot of problems, it would given rise to Dilithium Farmers that would complicate the Dilithium economy and would also allow Fleets to be able to "shake down" their members.
Republic Veteran
# 14
03-13-2013, 02:04 PM
Quote:
It cost a lot of cash but a single person whose willing to buy the dilithium can in fact do it alone.
That's my point if you're doing it alone, which the system was not meant for, expecting the price to be lowered because he decided to to go it alone is not going to happen.

Career Officer
# 15
03-13-2013, 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
Not the game per say but rather current mechanics in place.

And the reason is simple, Dilithium trade.

Right now you can spend Dilithium but its a one way street, you can buy items with them or put it on Fleet projects, now this cuts gold sellers from doing Dilithium farming to see it because the only potential customer are Fleets.

By allowing a "Dilithium bank" the only defense mechanism on Fleets is gone, it would allow Fleets with wallets to pay Dilithium farmers in bulk since there would be no limits, this is one of the reasons why they are very weary of adding a cancel project button, at least one that would give refunds since it could lead to potential abuses.

Anything that deals with Dilithium is problematic due to the current system being entirely locked, anything that allows external storage outside your account can lead to abuses.

Also by making a "bank" this would be a way for Fleets to extort a tax or membership fee by forcing members to donate to project (like a provisioning project) so it goes to the bank or be kicked out, right now Fleets have no way of forcing a Dilithum fee since the entire system offers no feedback to who contributed what to where and attempts to force a Dilithium fee are self defeating due to how there is no Fleet storage system for Dilithium.

In the end such mechanic would bring a lot of problems, it would given rise to Dilithium Farmers that would complicate the Dilithium economy and would also allow Fleets to be able to "shake down" their members.
Let me expand my thoughts on the idea from my point of view.

It's meant to be solely a method to refund fleets as a whole. Players cannot add to the storage. (closing the extorting loophole)

Example if cosmetic projects were to be cut in half to 100k. The "bank" would gain 100k per completed project.

Fleet captains would not be able to obtain the refunded materials for personal use. Only redirect recovered dilithium into other projects.

The system doesn't exist, hence why in my original post with the idea I mention adding the tech.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
That's my point if you're doing it alone, which the system was not meant for, expecting the price to be lowered because he decided to to go it alone is not going to happen.
I'm personally not expecting the price to be lowered. Just saying it would be nice
I'll stop kicking that horse when the bugs fixed. Until then as a paying consumer, I will voice my opinion.

Last edited by gypsyblade; 03-13-2013 at 02:15 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 16
03-13-2013, 02:21 PM
When will our bases be persistent, they should have made enough money by now.
Allow T5 bases to be persistent on the map, allow other people to visit them, maybe add public stores etc.
Give a reason to buy all those cosmetic special projects.

-= ISE: 12:19 -=- CSE 12:41 -=- KASE 11:59 -=- HSe 8:06 total =-
-= KAGE 5:43 =-
[7:07] [Combat (Self)] Your Dual Disruptor Banks - Overload II deals 123086 (41096) Disruptor Damage(Critical) to Assimilated Carrier.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-13-2013, 02:37 PM
Hmmm? Can't seem to find a smiley for :disappointed:, if I could then there would be 4 in a row...
HOMO SAPIENS NON URINAT IN VENTUM

=/\= 106th Fleet =/\=
Website | Fleet Charter | Mission Statement | Forums | Join | F.A.Q.
Captain
# 18
03-13-2013, 02:38 PM
1. Klingons aren't exactly the museum-y type. I doubt they would preserve much other than weapons or tools or something.

2. WHADAYA MEAN FEDS GET BETTER LOOKING BANNERS!!?!?!?!
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Rihannsu
# 19
03-13-2013, 03:08 PM
Quote:
It's meant to be solely a method to refund fleets as a whole. Players cannot add to the storage. (closing the extorting loophole)
They can, its simple.

Queue a provisioning project, those are 200k, only Dilithium input ... now after the contributions come its cancelled, refund to Fleet Dithium bank.

Players can add to storage, by refund.

The only issue is tracking and Fleet Credits.

Quote:
Example if cosmetic projects were to be cut in half to 100k. The "bank" would gain 100k per completed project.
They are never do that, same reason why when a price of a product gets cut 4 months after you brought it you dont get the difference back, Sony certainly doesnt mail checks or gives credit when the PS3 gets a price cut.

Also there is the issue of FCs, unlikely Embassy Provisions were you get nothing, you do get FCs for Dilithium input, also there is the question were that "refund" Dilithium would give FCs since it must.

Quote:
Fleet captains would not be able to obtain the refunded materials for personal use. Only redirect recovered dilithium into other projects.
Any refund would be for the people that spend it, the FC creates a issue since anything you put with one exception generates FCs.

Quote:
The system doesn't exist, hence why in my original post with the idea I mention adding the tech.
Your idea creates too many issues because of how the system works, a refund to the Fleet is ignoring contributor because if I donated 200k and the Fleet dies out, making me leave and then now there is a refund mechanism that does what? gives Dilithium to a non-entity I am no longer part of? It did generated FCs for me so would they stay or be gone ... if its removed then what happens if I spend it and have less FCs that the ones generated? will I be put on negative FCs? If not then isnt this a 100k per Special Project handout?

Issues, many issues even by it only be a "refund" for Special Projects because fact is, 200k worth of Dilithium generated FCs to contributors, if that is untouched then its a handout and one no company does because it lowered their product prices.

Quote:
I'm personally not expecting the price to be lowered. Just saying it would be nice
If they lower the cost its doesnt mean you should get a refund, you are asking to add a system that simply cannot be added because the mechanics involved dont exist.

The only way for it to work was if the a Dilithium storage was added to the Fleet, you cannot make a NPC to act as a player because a NPC is not a player, he cannot contribute and you cannot ask him to contribute because its a non-entity, you are just making it a Dilithium Storage and if it starts with a Dilithum handout then you can be sure it will be expanded because people WILL ask it to be expanded and so the Fleet membership fee begins.
Starfleet Veteran
# 20
03-13-2013, 03:23 PM
I had a feeling those were going to be Uniform platforms.

As said above, Klingons aren't really the type to display old clothes. Would've made more sense if they were busts of Heroes of the Empire or holograms of ships or weapons.

Another project, ill pass. Unless small starbases get a massive discount.

But I noticed on the Klingon TOS Uniform, it has the baldric that goes over the shoulder as per TOS. But how come players don't get that option to have it over their right shoulder?

BTW, that's not the TOS Baldric. You have the TOS Baldric under "Warrior's Sash" that players got for the 25th Anniversary. Worf wore the sash on his right shoulder (which is what the model is based off), but Kor, Kang, and Koloth wore theirs over their left shoulder.
NO to ARC!

Season 9.5 = STO's NGE is Coming!

Last edited by azurianstar; 03-13-2013 at 03:31 PM.