Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,532
# 11
03-14-2013, 03:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterde3 View Post
Aux2Bat could also fit the bill.
god no! Aux2Bat ship with only two ensign level eng abilities, horrible idea.

I have the feeling that finding new BO abilites would be easier then trying to re-shuffle the old ones. With all the hybrid ship types ships like the Gal are still going to be at a disadvantage.
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013
Commander
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 471
# 12
03-14-2013, 03:37 AM
The devs have stated in the past that the ability to lower the required ranks of BO skills is beyond their capabilities.

You will need to look for another solution.

However I warn you, given the last 3 years I suspect the ability to create NEW BO skills is also beyond them.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,839
# 13
03-14-2013, 03:53 AM
Okay, thanks fellows.

How about "Shield Triaxilation"?
http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Triaxilation

Allows the shields to briefly absorb (meaning take less damage from) a percentage of incoming enemy fire.
Percentage is determined by Aux level.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 532
# 14
03-14-2013, 03:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seekerkorhil View Post
The devs have stated in the past that the ability to lower the required ranks of BO skills is beyond their capabilities.

You will need to look for another solution.

However I warn you, given the last 3 years I suspect the ability to create NEW BO skills is also beyond them.
Except that ALTERING them is quite easy for them, apparently, so I'm not sure how much I believe this. Tac team is a good example. Prior to adding in the shield facing portion, this skill was the most underused skill a tac could have. I proposed a solution, controversial though it may be...

Remove the ability to redistribute shield power to the facing taking damage from Tac Team (leaving all other parts undisturbed) and give it to the engineers as a skill in its own right. Removes a tanking aspect from escorts with large numbers of TT slotted and puts it with cruisers, where I feel it belongs.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,442
# 15
03-14-2013, 04:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drowrulesupreme View Post
Remove the ability to redistribute shield power to the facing taking damage from Tac Team (leaving all other parts undisturbed) and give it to the engineers as a skill in its own right. Removes a tanking aspect from escorts with large numbers of TT slotted and puts it with cruisers, where I feel it belongs.
This has been mentioned before... it didn't go down well, nor did it happen.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,312
# 16
03-14-2013, 04:31 AM
I think we need some new Ensign abilities across all three classes.
He who laughs last thinks slowest.
Commander
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 278
# 17
03-14-2013, 04:33 AM
I don't see how this is any different from the "problem" that tactical ships face with three ensign slots. If you're properly specialising in engineering then 2x emergency power to shields should serve you well, and you can either slot an engineering team (if you don't have room for 2x tactical teams) or you can slot emergency power to weapons or battery for when you're not under fire.

I just don't see why people expect to be able to specialise everything on their ship towards a single role; either shift towards a slightly more dual purpose build, or slot something that might come in handy when you're not able to fully capitalise on your speciality. Personally I get a ton of value out of emergency power to weapons for when I'm not under heavy fire, and it's an ideal partner for beam overload, even though my main focus is on healing myself or resisting damage.
____________________
Game Balance - Ship Size and Wingmates
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,532
# 18
03-14-2013, 04:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by haravikk View Post
I don't see how this is any different from the "problem" that tactical ships face with three ensign slots. If you're properly specialising in engineering then 2x emergency power to shields should serve you well, and you can either slot an engineering team (if you don't have room for 2x tactical teams) or you can slot emergency power to weapons or battery for when you're not under fire.

I just don't see why people expect to be able to specialise everything on their ship towards a single role; either shift towards a slightly more dual purpose build, or slot something that might come in handy when you're not able to fully capitalise on your speciality. Personally I get a ton of value out of emergency power to weapons for when I'm not under heavy fire, and it's an ideal partner for beam overload, even though my main focus is on healing myself or resisting damage.
The problem lies in the CD issues you run into with higher level versions of each power.

A healer wants/needs ET3, so slotting ET1 is a poor choice since they'll share CD.
EptX3 won't work if you slot 2xEptX1 which leaves you with 2x Aux2X (they also share CD. So part of the problem is that BP, Nadeon, and less so DEM, are pretty meh in performance.
But the other part is Engs just have the most shared CDs.

SInce Tac BO Powers are more neately distributed between level 3 Lt.Cmd (BO, HYT, TS)powers and LvL 3 Cmdr Powers (APX, CRF) they run into less problems.
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,273
# 19
03-14-2013, 05:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterde3 View Post
Okay, thanks fellows.

How about "Shield Triaxilation"?
http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Triaxilation

Allows the shields to briefly absorb (meaning take less damage from) a percentage of incoming enemy fire.
Percentage is determined by Aux level.
Nah, they should get an energy damage-boosting ability that's not tied to the emergency power binds. Might shut the 'beams are suckzors' folks up a bit. There are PLENTY of tanking abilities in the engineering repertoire.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,839
# 20
03-14-2013, 05:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingmaster View Post
Nah, they should get an energy damage-boosting ability that's not tied to the emergency power binds. Might shut the 'beams are suckzors' folks up a bit. There are PLENTY of tanking abilities in the engineering repertoire.
You mean like DEM?
That's the problem: it should at least not be repetitive.

HMMM...how about something surrouding the weapons coolant?
http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Phaser_coolant

"Activate Weapons-Coolant Reserve" would allow the weapons to briefly fire at increased rate (while keeping energy drain at the same level).
Could share a cooldown with CRF and BFAW so it would not be abused by tactical-heavy setups.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:03 PM.