Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,167
# 21
03-14-2013, 06:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleybird View Post
The guide or the bottle rule?
Or the potty rule....
aka NazHuggyBear2

"No, there is no real problem with P2W in STO. Obviously, if you fight against someone with an equal level of skill in the game, better equipment will give you an edge. But usually, it is the skill level that determines the outcome, not the P2W." - Sprinkles
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 225
# 22
03-14-2013, 07:14 AM
my 2 cents

sadly if some people had "respected the hierarchy" instead of resisting true experienced players wisdom and guidance, they might have found success much before "playing to win" by exploiting op abilities and undermining the games development through massive qq and forum campaigns.

Some people just like to see it "their way" and have their own personal set list of whats acceptable and whats not. They wont fight you when u spam Ryus strong kick. You have to play E. Honda and win (and then: no "throws").

Sadly assembling an ultimate premade tends to lead to non stop pug stomp, and few are willing to enter tournaments unless their preferred flavor of ruleset is the seasoning. Sure sounds like playing not to lose, staying out of fvk, feeling tough when ur 5 man roflstomps a bunch of lower caseds.

Luckily for the people who are truly hard core and have invested heavily their time in this game, there is no illusion of equality. Some 2 minute noob acts a fool hes gone. No base. No fleet. No chance. Build, buy, or earn access to game changing items, skills, and crew, or go home.

pay to win. time or money your choice

keep feeling high and mighty resisting the "cheese" with your 5 lockbox teams and 7 extends.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,167
# 23
03-14-2013, 07:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by emoejoe View Post
my 2 cents

sadly if some people had "respected the hierarchy" instead of resisting true experienced players wisdom and guidance, they might have found success much before "playing to win" by exploiting op abilities and undermining the games development through massive qq and forum campaigns.

Some people just like to see it "their way" and have their own personal set list of whats acceptable and whats not. They wont fight you when u spam Ryus strong kick. You have to play E. Honda and win (and then: no "throws").

Sadly assembling an ultimate premade tends to lead to non stop pug stomp, and few are willing to enter tournaments unless their preferred flavor of ruleset is the seasoning. Sure sounds like playing not to lose, staying out of fvk, feeling tough when ur 5 man roflstomps a bunch of lower caseds.

Luckily for the people who are truly hard core and have invested heavily their time in this game, there is no illusion of equality. Some 2 minute noob acts a fool hes gone. No base. No fleet. No chance. Build, buy, or earn access to game changing items, skills, and crew, or go home.

pay to win. time or money your choice

keep feeling high and mighty resisting the "cheese" with your 5 lockbox teams and 7 extends.
Not a bad summary at all mini. When people ask me about cheese, i always say queues are game but rules agreed before a premade match is what you fly by. Thats it. If you dont like it, dont enter the queues, dont like the pre arranged premade rules, dont fight.
aka NazHuggyBear2

"No, there is no real problem with P2W in STO. Obviously, if you fight against someone with an equal level of skill in the game, better equipment will give you an edge. But usually, it is the skill level that determines the outcome, not the P2W." - Sprinkles
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 225
# 24
03-14-2013, 07:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by naz4 View Post
Not a bad summary at all mini. When people ask me about cheese, i always say queues are game but rules agreed before a premade match is what you fly by. Thats it. If you dont like it, dont enter the queues, dont like the pre arranged premade rules, dont fight.
there is certainly nothing wrong with the prearranged rules matches. and the above attitude is one of the few sensible reasonable ones around.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 874
# 25
03-14-2013, 08:04 AM
Teams who run cheese or abuse broken things in the queues are just more difficult practice. A close match against a "dirty" team is preferable to stomping a "clean" one.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 802
# 26
03-14-2013, 08:10 AM
Don''t forget the most important part of it all.

Have fun.

-= ISE: 12:19 -=- CSE 12:41 -=- KASE 11:59 -=- HSe 8:06 total =-
-= KAGE 5:43 =-
[7:07] [Combat (Self)] Your Dual Disruptor Banks - Overload II deals 123086 (41096) Disruptor Damage(Critical) to Assimilated Carrier.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,600
# 27
03-14-2013, 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostusthorn View Post
Don''t forget the most important part of it all.

Have fun.
lol @ fun. Haven't you gotten the memo? TRANSCENDENCE is the name of the game
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 585
# 28
03-14-2013, 08:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by havam View Post
lol @ fun. Haven't you gotten the memo? TRANSCENDENCE is the name of the game
It's certainly got a certain amount of charm to it.
If you feel Keel'el's effect is well designed, please, for your own safety, be very careful around shallow pools of water.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,114
# 29
03-14-2013, 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorandra View Post
In Tsi we have the bottle rule, have a bottle for those long games.
Finally we ordinary PvPers understand why TSI members are so OP...when fighting they never go to the bathroom!
K D F - Killing Disadvantaged Feds
K D F - The evul way to play Sto

I salute Adm. Marcus, a real Starfleet hero! Thanks to his courage we Tac Feds now have an awesome Cruiser, the USS Avenger!
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 98
# 30
03-14-2013, 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalnar83 View Post
Bottle or potty ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by starwrathforever View Post
Finally we ordinary PvPers understand why TSI members are so OP...when fighting they never go to the bathroom!
honestly if I find myself in a fight lasting long enough to require bathroom breaks, I will suicide on the opposing team....winning isn't that important to me!
24 Hours a day, 365 days a week.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:55 PM.