Lieutenant
# 1 Idea for Transwarp System
03-14-2013, 12:40 PM
So I've been doing some thinking... usually while flying through sector space.

After having reached diplomacy level 4 and being able to transwarp to DS9, I was excited and used it often -- this was while DS9 was an activity hub. Things have now changed with the release of reputation systems.

As a future game change, would it be possible to choose a 'favourite' system that you can transwarp directly to? For example, New Romulus or Ker'rat? This ability could be unlocked with rank 4 diplomacy still. I just feel like the transwarp to DS9 ability is somewhat useless now. I'd rather be able to transwarp to locations that I use more frequently, as those mentioned above. To avoid people expoliting this... you could even put a 24 hour timer to prevent people from changing their 'favourites' too often.

Just an idea... what do you readers and devs think?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-14-2013, 12:55 PM
I would love this.
Career Officer
# 3
03-14-2013, 12:56 PM
I still use the DS9 transwarp pretty regularly. Maybe just because I prefer to avoid ESD if possible.

I think a "favorite" planet might be a bit much, but I think there's room for a transwarp location in every sector block. Getting to New Romulus is kind of a pain. The closest transwarp is K7.

Porthos is not amused.
Community Moderator
# 4
03-14-2013, 01:37 PM
My guess is that the Devs have provided plenty of ways to transwarp already and they won't be interested in changing that in the near future.

But I really do like the idea of a "Favorite Destination" that the player can set (at least the first time free). It could be set up so that it's not exploitable and they could even monetize it with Change Destination tokens.

Make it so! (Someday!)
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Republic Veteran
# 5
03-14-2013, 01:38 PM
It doesn't get more diplomatic than the New Romulus colonisation effort. A transwarp to it for Diplo rank 4 is essential.
Career Officer
# 6
03-14-2013, 01:54 PM
I like the favorites idea for maybe one location. I have the excelsior refit which has transwarp to every sector block and its available through the c-store (Which is why this probably wont change anytime soon) or their is the fleet version.

For most locations I just pick an episode mission nearby like to get to Nukara I queue up "Spin the Wheel" as a mission and use the transwarp to mission for 500 EC and divert to Nukara. You can pretty much do this to go anywhere now including Tau Dewa with the "Temporal Ambassador" mission for 38k EC (EC total varies by sector block).
Survivor of Romulus
# 7
03-14-2013, 02:22 PM
truthfully i just make use of the story mission transwarps. especially for ones when going to Ker'rat (if i ever do) or NR (I use the FEDs Trading station mission, where it puts me only a few light years above Tau Dewa in the Regulus sector *w/e it is to the right of Sirius* or the Gateway system from my fleet base)

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p