# 41
02-24-2013, 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldkhemaraa View Post
When asked of Daniel Stahl...

"When can the KDF expect"..etc.

He gave a one word answer... "MAY"

so may is the KDF season..

I'm a gonna stock up on Dilithium and Zen!

Khemaraa sends..

the scary part is he didnt say May of what year so.........
Empire Veteran
# 42
03-13-2013, 07:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsurutafan01 View Post
There are people that actually think this *isn't* happening in May?

It's... just so pathetic I don't even know where to begin.
Some of us have been thru this "Next Season is all about KDF" before, those of us who remember the ONLY KDF Season, Season 2.

Cryptics Track Record on making Improvements speaks for its self.

Maybe you should begin there.

"...just look at my track record for making the improvements that I said we would with the KDF and judge by that." - Dan Stahl
Captain
# 43
03-13-2013, 07:22 AM
I believe he was quoted in other recent interviews as saying they're revamping the KDF tutorials and to expect 1 new ship- a new neghvar.

I don't expect anything more for KDF, nor will I be surprised if the above items aren't delivered. Experience has taught me to expect nothing and like it.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

You're gonna upgrade my Chel Grett for FREE but charge me $30 to upgrade my Kamarag ?
Captain
# 44
03-13-2013, 08:23 AM
If Cryptic is making May the KDF month, then why all the romulan styled hyping?

Why "march beneath the Raptor's wing", instead of "March for Kahless" under a giant Klingon logo?

I don't mind the kdf getting shinies, its just odd.
Survivor of Romulus
# 45
03-13-2013, 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpalelena View Post
If Cryptic is making May the KDF month, then why all the romulan styled hyping?

Why "march beneath the Raptor's wing", instead of "March for Kahless" under a giant Klingon logo?

I don't mind the kdf getting shinies, its just odd.
The "not to be called S8" will be Romulan related on many levels.
The one thing that seems certain for May, as the devs. are still witholding any usefull info of what it will be, is that the story revolved around New Romulus will expand. Also getting Denise Crosby to do voiceovers for Sela goes in that direction. This has been stated many times by different devs. even before they stopped calling the May update S8.
That's the reason for the Romulan style hyping. They said that new FEs are on the way and most probably are Romulan related with New Romulus and events revolving around this colony. I'm not sure about an actual Romulan faction though, so I don't want to jump to conclusions. However, having new Romulan FEs and end-game content related to developments in Tau Dewa can be reason enough for the hype to be Romulan flavoured.

Noone ever said that May will be "the KDF month". I can only recall mr.Stahl saying that the next update will be positive for the KDF. To me, a positive update doesn't have to mean that the whole content coming in the update will be Klingon flavoured or KDF only.
It could very much be this before mentioned Romulan related content, while the KDF gets the option to start at level 1 followed with some leveling content, a couple of new uniforms in the Z-Store (they already mentioned this happening as well) and maybe a new Negh'var. For me, this will certainly be a positive step forward for the KDF, I don't expect magic and miracles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixa1 View Post
this may also tie in to the movie, which releases in may

JJ for the first time said there are klingons in the upcoming movie just a few weeks ago. could be some more retro klink stuff
Oh yes, the Klingon helmets and coats from the J.J. movie! I'd buy that uniform pack in a heartbeat!
Reading this, devs.?
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!

Last edited by shpoks; 03-13-2013 at 09:55 AM.
Career Officer
# 46
03-14-2013, 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpoks View Post
Oh yes, the Klingon helmets and coats from the J.J. movie! I'd buy that uniform pack in a heartbeat!
Reading this, devs.?
JJ Klingons.... ugh, its gonna be painful. Kiss your nuances goodbye kids, JJ is in the driver seat!
Captain
# 47
03-14-2013, 04:39 PM
Well, today in First City, we gave some directions to a newbie as to where specific vendors were. Another guy mentioned that we better get used to giving directions in May, and I didn't know what the deal was with that news (I've been gone 6-7 months due to work). He goes on telling me that May supposedly allows players to start Lv1 with the KDF.

That to me is good news, IMO, but I really wish this was possible in Day 1. Anyways, I do hope to see new blood. Sure, our performance may drop some in PVP with the influx of all teh newbs, but we'll take care of our own.

As a longtime, jaded KDF player, we've been in the rut for so long that I say, "Hey, it can't possibly get any worse, can it?"

As a longtime, jaded KDF player, any influx of wonder eyed new players to the faction is direly needed, IMO. Hey, they'll have a brighter outlook on things than I do, and that's nice!
Survivor of Romulus
# 48
03-14-2013, 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyranger1414 View Post
JJ Klingons.... ugh, its gonna be painful. Kiss your nuances goodbye kids, JJ is in the driver seat!
lol Not the Klingons, look of the helmet/coat combo. It's actually funny how the only thing I find worthwile in J.J.'s movie, he managed to cut-off from the movie. lol
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!
Commander
# 49
03-15-2013, 12:50 AM
I expect nothing in May, beside once again disappointment.

Cryptic can't do a decent STO game and should never have got the licence in the first place. The Star Trek IP should have gone a BIG studio with a grand dev team which could handle it, not to a small studio like Cryptic, which is obviously overstrained with STO.
Cryptic's shamefull history with the KDF

http://www.stowiki.org/User:Peregrin...ryptic_Studios
Empire Veteran
# 50
03-15-2013, 11:20 AM
All the Romulan stuff is keeping the feddy players on the forums distracted on the the other hand. Not telling the user base whats happening is a good way of avoiding having to listen to some of out fellow sto players who seem to have... issues .. with rational thought.

By not talking about the upcoming KDF content they may be doing us all a favor.

I know I really am sick to death of hearing feddy players whine about what the KDF has, when what we do have that is exclusivly KDF is such a small amount of content amounting to less then a dozen missions total.
Release 8.5 "STO The Next Generation"

Let the happy old bug stomping commence, along with refinement toward enhancing each factions play experience!