Rihannsu
# 11
03-05-2013, 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticfrost View Post
This particualr map, Argelius II Interior, is not getting pathing data applied to it after publishing. I don't know why.

At this time, all I can advise is to not use this map.
hmm... I noticed something else that might be relevent. The 0/0/0 point bug doesn't apply to this map. When testing in preview, my boffs NEVER disappeared, EVER. They got stuck in the doors constantly, but they never disappeared.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-06-2013, 12:39 PM
Quote:
This particualr map, Argelius II Interior, is not getting pathing data applied to it after publishing. I don't know why.

At this time, all I can advise is to not use this map.
Unfortunately this isn't an option at this point.

Something else I noticed in the pit room; If you put a detail item or npc group with its 'anchor' on the floor plates surrounding the grating surrounding the pit, it would fall through the bottom of the map.

Frost, I'm wondering if this map isnt getting pathing because the usable sections are at a different part of the map then other maps and whatever system you use to create the pathing data can't find the playable areas. How EXACTLY is the pathing data generated?
Play Star Trek: Allegiance - my first series in the Foundry
Cryptic Studios Team
# 13
03-07-2013, 10:07 AM
From what I understand, the problem is that this map was not set up properly to have pathing data applied to it. In preparing all the maps that are in the Foundry, this one got skipped by accident.

As to how EXACTLY pathing data is applied, it's a mystery. Some Virtual Adept magick happens and there it is. Seriously, I just don't have the knowledge to provide you any information on how pathing data is applied. You'd need to talk to a programmer or someone else initiated into these mysteries.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-07-2013, 12:59 PM
Quote:
From what I understand, the problem is that this map was not set up properly to have pathing data applied to it. In preparing all the maps that are in the Foundry, this one got skipped by accident.

As to how EXACTLY pathing data is applied, it's a mystery. Some Virtual Adept magick happens and there it is. Seriously, I just don't have the knowledge to provide you any information on how pathing data is applied. You'd need to talk to a programmer or someone else initiated into these mysteries.

Well at least we know what the issue is. Considering the limited amount of interior maps we have to work with, and the fact i know this map is in use in not just mine but a few other missions, any chance you can poke one of the adepts with a stick and try to get it fixed sometime in the future (dont know how busy it is with the lead up to season 8 and all)? The players seem to have accepted the issue but it is still frustrating.
Play Star Trek: Allegiance - my first series in the Foundry
Rihannsu
# 15
03-07-2013, 01:17 PM
Quote:

This does tell us something very important though. It tells us that the 0/0/0 point bug IS in some way related to dynamically generated pathing data. THIS map doesn't have it. It also doesn't have the 0/0/0 point bug.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 16
03-13-2013, 11:31 PM
I have to agree with Chicochavez, any chance we could poke someone to 'turn on' the pathing for the "Treasure Trading Station" (aka Argelius II) maps?

I really didn't find out about this problem until after I got 6 one-star review bombs (5 with no feedback of course) on part one of my 'Treasure of Argelius II' Foundry mission. It wasn't until the 6th guy actually left a note saying something like, "Thanks for making my BOs act like idiots getting stuck on everything - doors, tables, chairs, hall pillars" that I knew what the issue was. This mission is a direct follow-up to the official "Treasure Trading Station" mission by Cryptic, so I have no choice, I must use this map.

Since I couldn't fix it, I now have a disclaimer posted near the start of the mission letting people know it's not my fault - and I haven't got a single one-star since. It's certainly not a proper fix - as it pretty much pulls people out of the story and focuses their attention on the bug as opposed to the story.

So, I say, "Let the poking begin!"

Please?
My consolidated list of game improvements for STO: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=990371
Cryptic Studios Team
# 17
03-14-2013, 05:43 PM
I'll do what I can, but as usual I can't promise anything.
Career Officer
# 18
03-14-2013, 07:12 PM
Quote:
I'll do what I can, but as usual I can't promise anything.
Thanks CF! That's all we can ask.
My consolidated list of game improvements for STO: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=990371
Rihannsu
# 19
03-14-2013, 08:35 PM
Yeah, this hit my last challenge mission pretty hard too.

BTW, the lack of dynamic pathing does seem to be connected to the 0/0/0 point issue. speaking of which... I noticed something odd on the barge of the dead map.... my Boffs DON'T warp to the 0/0/0 point, they seem to fall through the floor instead...
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!