Career Officer
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...81#post8574281

A couple things I've noticed so far that was not in the patch notes.

#1 In the Hail Starfleet window under the 'Available' tab, the Crystalline Catastrophe mission has FINALLY been removed. According to the STO wiki this mission has been removed from the PVE queue and not doable at all since season 6 but the mission was still in the game. http://www.stowiki.org/Crystalline_Catastrophe It's nice they finally removed this mission. When I first started playing I took this mission when it became available and it said to talk to the Crystalline Entity (near Memory Alpha usually). So I talked to it and the only option was to open the PVE queue and the event wasn't there. I found out on the wiki it was no longer an active event we could do. (This was back in October 2012)

Edit: I forgot this was available for both sides and my Hail KDF no longer has it in the 'Available' tab either.

#2 This one stinks. When doing Dilithium mining on the asteroid, after you have the ore extraction UI open to do the event the 'Mine Rocks' button was still there. If you got a score you didn't like you could move the window and click the button to start over and keep doing it until you got a score you like. (I just found about about this trick last week from a player at the asteroid when I was there to mine). Well I'm in the middle of doing the mining event and the 'Mine Rocks' button disappears once you start the extraction. If you click the 'X' on the window to close it you will automatically receive your dilithium and data samples. We can no longer keep trying until we get a score high enough to earn the maximum dil per node.

Personally I didn't see a problem with this. There is a max limit on the amount you could get per node and the amount of data samples/particle traces you receive is ENTIRELY random*. Though I could see how this was a bug and an "exploit". It stinks because sometimes the UI screws me over. After scoring once or twice it would reset and I would have to realign the triangle again and it would do this for the whole minute of the event for the node and I wouldn't be able to get the max score because it kept resetting every 2-3 stinking seconds. There have been times where this happened on 2-3 nodes in a row and I think at least a couple times on all 5 nodes.

*Despite what players may think, it IS random how many Data Samples and/or Particle Traces you receive from the Dilithium Mining event. A few days ago I scored 940 on a single node and receive 1 Data Sample and 1 Particle Trace. Sometimes I could score 659 and receive 3 or 4 Data Samples. You need to score 735 on a single node to earn the maximum amount of Dilithium. You don't get anything extra if you score over 735, in my experience.

Last edited by monkeybone13; 03-15-2013 at 02:58 AM.
Career Officer
# 2
03-15-2013, 03:22 AM
OK. So I took the daily Dil mining mission more than 20 hours ago and was able to do it twice.

So here is another thing I noticed: when doing it twice in a single day because you took it more than 20 hours ago, you can't mine the same exact rocks you mined the first time through. It's possible beaming to your ship and coming back fixes it. Haven't tried.

Normally I would claim the mission reward, take it again, then click the 'Mine Rocks' button without moving my character and use the same node twice in a row. Well the button didn't appear on the last node i used after accepting the mission again. I had to use another node within the circle on the map.

The node before that I used it was the same thing: I couldn't use it again and had to use a different node in that area. Thankfully there are more than plenty of nodes on the map.

Kinda reminds of Nukurua Prime easy mode mission on the outside where you click the objects on the ground (Scientific Sabotage mission I think. It's not the mission where you collect drops from the Tholians and turn them in when you get the required amount.). You can't use the same objects more than once, and at times the objects other players have used. Going back to your ship and beaming back down seemed to fix it. But it's been a long time since I went to Nukura so I don't know if that's still bugged.

Last edited by monkeybone13; 03-15-2013 at 03:25 AM.
Career Officer
# 3
03-15-2013, 03:51 AM
dil mining is soooo easy... if you screw that up... i don't know what to say

you can easily do 800 - 1000 every single round

out of 50 tries (over a week) i screw up maybe once because i get so bored that i stop paying attention to the screen and my brain zones out for a few seconds... (if i get that bored, it is not fun, therefore not worth doing)

by now i only go directly to the rich dilithium vein from those lockbox drops and ignore the other 5... not saying no to 5000 extra dil per day, good thing i did only get like 50 of those mining claims, i know guys that have enough mining claims to do it for a year every day, and they only play 2 days a week...

oh and i think... if you make more than 800 you get a rare trace guaranteed, if you get less you only get the common anomalies... the amount of both is random
Career Officer
# 4
03-15-2013, 05:51 AM
Yes, can't figure out why you'd need to exploit to dil mine. My biggest problem is not falling asleep during the tedious and boring game that it is.
Delirium Tremens
Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
Nothing to do anymore.
http://dtfleet.com/
Visit our Youtube channel
Ensign
# 5
03-15-2013, 05:59 AM
The mining fix was more likely because you could do the high yeild mining claim twice in one day for only one token using the same method,so for one mining claim form you could get 10k dilithium.So if they fixed that it probably fixed the normal mining at the same time
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
03-15-2013, 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerobang View Post
dil mining is soooo easy... if you screw that up... i don't know what to say

you can easily do 800 - 1000 every single round

out of 50 tries (over a week) i screw up maybe once because i get so bored that i stop paying attention to the screen and my brain zones out for a few seconds... (if i get that bored, it is not fun, therefore not worth doing)

by now i only go directly to the rich dilithium vein from those lockbox drops and ignore the other 5... not saying no to 5000 extra dil per day, good thing i did only get like 50 of those mining claims, i know guys that have enough mining claims to do it for a year every day, and they only play 2 days a week...

oh and i think... if you make more than 800 you get a rare trace guaranteed, if you get less you only get the common anomalies... the amount of both is random
What are you using for keys?

I currently use my keyboard arrow keys and my highest score was 700 or 800 something per node.
Survivor of Romulus
# 7
03-15-2013, 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeybone13 View Post
After scoring once or twice it would reset and I would have to realign the triangle again and it would do this for the whole minute of the event for the node and I wouldn't be able to get the max score because it kept resetting every 2-3 stinking seconds. There have been times where this happened on 2-3 nodes in a row and I think at least a couple times on all 5 nodes.

This is normal...its just like the New Romulus scanning ones where it changes every few seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
Rihannsu
# 8
03-15-2013, 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thlaylierah View Post
What are you using for keys?

I currently use my keyboard arrow keys and my highest score was 700 or 800 something per node.
It takes skill to get past 800, but I've done it, you just have to practice way too much.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.