Captain
# 71
03-15-2013, 08:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phyrexianhero View Post
Um...wasn't the original *concept* for STO Gateway about a way to doff while not in the game? They merely expanded it to allow other features (but not yet remote doffing).

Since the game is more than doffing, I think it'd be a safe (and much wanted) feature.
I am not sure of the original concept and I'm sure it's a wanted feature.

The way I see it (and please correct me) at level 50, there is not much to do remotely other than DOffing or SB/Embassy contributing.

But at earlier levels, seriously, DOffing via the Gateway will remove the "necessity" to log onto the game itself ... unless they remove skill and experience points from DOff rewards.

And if that idea rankles feathers, then it makes sense to me that DOffing through Gateway is a bad idea.
Kathryn S. Beringer - The Dawn Patrol

Solaris build - Veritatum Liquido Cernene
Starfleet Veteran
# 72
03-15-2013, 09:59 AM
I'm not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but times shown in fleet calendars in the Gateway should default to player's timezones. Right now events are showing on the wrong day for me since the times in the Gateway are all showing GMT.
Captain
# 73
03-15-2013, 10:11 AM
So the fleet stuff is cool - I just contributed Fleet Marks and Dilithium from work! Neato!

The "Return to Main Screen" should be "Return to Fleet Home" or something, since it says "Return to Main Screen" both to get back to the fleet main page, and then the same thing on that page to return to your character page.

Edit: I like that you can type in the amount of Dilithium you want to contribute, but the interface doesn't seem to update its totals very well after you do so. Hitting accept works just fine, but the amount of credit you earn shows whatever you brought the slider to or zero, and doesn't pull from the typed in value.
Empire Veteran
# 74
03-18-2013, 09:32 AM
Is the contributing to fleet holdings on the live server or just the test sever? Because I can't seem anything for holdings on the live server
Career Officer
# 75
03-18-2013, 12:24 PM
Maybe this has already been mentioned, but I'd really like to see a chat client in the gateway. I use pidgin to connect with some of the chat channels, but it's a hassle. It would be nice if I could chat with fleet mates or on specific channels via the gateway.
1hr of work @NYS Min Wage 7.25 = 725 Zen
725 x 102 (or current exchange rate) DL = 73950 DL <- can you earn that per hour in game?

Captain
# 76
03-18-2013, 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chalpen View Post
Is the contributing to fleet holdings on the live server or just the test sever? Because I can't seem anything for holdings on the live server
I was able to donate on the live gateway version.
Empire Veteran
# 77
03-18-2013, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by felderburg View Post
I was able to donate on the live gateway version.
where did you see the option to do so in the live gateway version?
Captain
# 78
03-18-2013, 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chalpen View Post
where did you see the option to do so in the live gateway version?
After you choose a character, there's a "Fleet" button on the right, where "Personnel Files" etc. are. Click it, it'll take you to the fleet page, and you can choose holdings there. After you choose a holding, it's just like the ingame screen, basically, except you can type in a precise amount of dilithium to contribute! Although the screen acts oddly with that usage so I don't think it's intended, but it is a nice feature.
Empire Veteran
# 79
03-18-2013, 02:46 PM
Fascinating because that page isn't there on my iPhone. There is no such "holding" page

Last edited by chalpen; 03-18-2013 at 02:55 PM.
Ensign
# 80
03-19-2013, 01:40 AM
Used the gateway for the forst time tonight on my droid , which is pretty ancient. I would admit that i need an upgrade as its old. Anyway the site works well, but i would second another posters suggestion that a fixed menu bar would ease navigation, nice isr of an lcar theme might fit. I personally would love to see duty officer assignments controlled from here. Another neat idea, as its in my pocket and on my phone, i wish there was a way to have a pocket holi-Leeta, dabo on my phone ljnked to sto account would be awesome.