Login

Captain
# 11
03-15-2013, 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirokk View Post
If in doubt, go to stowiki.org !

Results:
"Goal: Enter any War Zone by traveling to Kerrat in the Donatu Sector of the Eta Eridani Sector Block"

As you play STO you will want to use stowiki.org as you starting point for all information.

OP, I've provided links in responses to other questins in other threads and all links were to STO Wiki.

There is something that the OP is indirectly saying: the game is not intuitive and there are not enough guides built into the game to help the new player navigate "the game".

Without STO Wiki (or the forums for that matter), it can be a very frustrating gaming experience.

Allow me to elaborate: my first MMO was EverQuest - and that game was simple enough to play to start but had little to no tutorial at all. Players learned through trial and error and that takes dedication. Then I played City of Heroes which had an amazing tutorial system built in that helped the player at almost every step of every new process built into the game. Players learned from the game and the game was made "simple" for it.

I think STO is a lot like EQ was - it takes dedication to play. That dedication demands the players do external research to minimize frustration. And THAT seems counter-intuitive for a game.
Kathryn S. Beringer - The Dawn Patrol

Solaris build - Veritatum Liquido Cernene
Captain
# 12
03-15-2013, 11:20 AM
/threadjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrscarlet View Post
... Then I played City of Heroes ...
Ah, a fellow refugee from Paragon. Yeah, they certainly had a way of helping the newbs along. But we still got our share of "OMG, why can't I run up to Recluse and button-mash him to def!!! The game iz broken!!!! (*%&%(*& RAGEQUIT!!!!"

Anyway, I'd have made this a PM rather than jacking the thread, but I can't find how one does that here.

/threadjack off
Lieutenant
# 13
03-15-2013, 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by astimingpyle View Post
I admit, I did not bother to read the text, I just accepted the mission.
You really should get in the habit of reading the description before accepting the mission. STO has a habit of giving you a very bad summary after you accept.
Lieutenant
# 14
03-15-2013, 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by astimingpyle View Post
So this is a PVP mission? How is it that I did not see that?
I'm not ready for PvP, and I don't want to do it. I didn't see anything that indicated it was a PvP mission.
It is clearly listed with PVP in my journal.

I recently bug reported a mission that didn't tell you were to go.

All it said was region/block but never mentioned the system. I had to guess at the names being the actual region or sector name which it turned out to be one of those names the area is named for.
Captain
# 15
03-15-2013, 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by itpalg View Post
It is clearly listed with PVP in my journal.

I recently bug reported a mission that didn't tell you were to go.

All it said was region/block but never mentioned the system. I had to guess at the names being the actual region or sector name which it turned out to be one of those names the area is named for.
That would be the one where you have to pick up the scientist from Starbase 114, "in the Celes Sector of the Regulus Sector Block", so you can ferry him to Starbase 39-Sierra. It helps that you had another mission that took you to Starbase 114 earlier, but yeah, if you didn't remember that then you had to guess that they meant the Celes system.

On the plus side, while you're hunting around, it's a milk run - absolutely no combat...

Oh, and the one at Ker'rat is listed as PvP because it's possible for one faction to attack the other in there. It just doesn't happen that often.
-------------------------------------------

"You're as crazy as the people on Twitter!" - Samuel L. Jackson