Ensign
# 171
03-15-2013, 07:30 PM
Yeah same problems here too, it was lagging so badly that i just got off. Will try tomorrow hopefully working properly by then
Captain
# 172
03-15-2013, 07:38 PM
Verizon DSL mid-atlantic near DC. I was getting some small timeouts standing around in the starbase, then I joined an STF and got rubberbanding with lag spikes up to a full minute. Restarted the client and now the patcher cant connect.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 173
03-15-2013, 07:52 PM
Hey everyone,

Really sorry about the latency and disconnect issues you're having. Right now, our engineers are aware that some of our players are experiencing these issues, and they're working on fixing it.

Again, I'm really sorry, and I promise we'll get this fixed as soon as possible.

- Val
Career Officer
# 174
03-15-2013, 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psymantis View Post
I play at this time every day and only today, in the last hour, have I seen server not responding errors along with complaints in in-game chat for the first time in weeks. So get your facts straight.

I'm not stupid. If someone was that patronising to me in real life... Lets just say I hope you think before you speak more than you think before you post because there's little that angers someone more than being patronised.

Actually I was partonizing grouchy. Get YOUR facts straight, mmmkay?

Last edited by gfreeman98; 03-15-2013 at 07:59 PM.
Ensign
# 175
03-15-2013, 07:58 PM
So, I'm assuming that since it's Friday, during Spring Break; STO can't handle the volume?
Career Officer
# 176
03-15-2013, 08:00 PM
i disconected 10 times in a row kept rubber banding
so all reps in cooldown cya
just remember it is the weekend
Republic Veteran
# 177
03-15-2013, 08:10 PM
yeah, the latency kicked my butt this evening... for the last 20 minutes or so it seemed better. will see again tomorrow.
Career Officer
# 178
03-15-2013, 08:37 PM
Well it started with the rubberbanding and "server not responding" timer, then I started noticing other things, like the timers on rep projects skipping UP by three seconds every few ticks, so it would count down, then jump up by three or so, then rinse, repeat. Then I noticed that trying to open the doff assignment page would show nothing, like it does on maps with no doff assignments, then the boxes would show up but be empty with their borders/outlines kind of pulsating, then some of them would fill with text but not all, then finally they'd load. Then it just got completely useless. DC'd, launcher stays on "patch" for a few minutes, then when "engage" finally shows up it takes a few minutes to do anything. Then it times out on the account server repeatedly, kicks me back, try again, finally get to the map loading screen but it just stops on a random number, the "server not responding" goes up to like 154 secs, then disappears but the number doesn't change and after a few seconds the timer starts again, this lasted for like 10 minutes before I figured I'd just close the client and try again, now the launcher doesn't even fully load. I get the server status as green (which is pretty hilarious in and of itself), and the news, and even the Romulan wings and the "May 2013", but nothing else loads. Been ten minutes now with nothing.
Career Officer
# 179
03-15-2013, 08:49 PM
Tons of latency when I logged in, got worse within a about 15 minutes of logging in and then started repeatedly crashing.

Gave up and played SimCity. Sadly it's the better of the two connection-wise for me
Career Officer
# 180
03-15-2013, 08:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatepwe View Post
Tons of latency when I logged in, got worse within a about 15 minutes of logging in and then started repeatedly crashing.

Gave up and played SimCity. Sadly it's the better of the two connection-wise for me
it was worse on kdf side I just hope i get in to run the 2nd tier 5 omega claim
if is bad tomorrow I will switch SWTOR for the day

it has been getting worse every day this week