Starfleet Veteran
# 31
02-07-2013, 08:28 AM
Hello,

Before nothing, you congratulations for his work and the magnificent Ship Power Calculator, and of course, welcome back to STO.

It's working fine. Thanks.
Captain
# 32
02-07-2013, 06:34 PM
Just tried it out, seems to be working perfectly, and the power levels match the ones I'm seeing in game on my Aventine exactly. Thank you for all your hard work on this. Of course, the job is never quite done, and in this case the KHG/Adapted Maco set is still missing. It looks like the engine provides a flat +3.8 to Weapons, Shields, and Aux power at all levels, and the 2 piece bonus provides another +7.5 Aux at Mk X at least (don't have XI or XII to check). Of course, one of the great things about your calc is that it's so easy to make it simulate things that aren't entered yet, so this can be done easily by adding the 3.8 and 7.5 into the Standard Engineering Consoles and/or Misc/Temporary Boosts areas, so feel free to rest on your laurels for a while Thanks again.
Rihannsu
# 33
02-08-2013, 04:08 PM
I appreciate the kind word Veakoa and Jadensecura.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadensecura View Post
...Of course, the job is never quite done, and in this case the KHG/Adapted Maco set is still missing. It looks like the engine provides a flat +3.8 to Weapons, Shields, and Aux power at all levels, and the 2 piece bonus provides another +7.5 Aux...
I've never had a KDF toon who played STFs enough to get any of the sets, and apparently other Power Calc users never noticed until you. Funny, that.

Anyway, I took a look at STOWiki's page on he KHG set, and it has conflicting (but possibly outdated) info: According to them, the KHG Engines don't provide a flat buff, but one that is inversely proportional to your subsystem setting (similar to the Efficient Engines (EIE), by the sound of it). Also, they list the Tactical Readiness (2pc Buff) as providing a +7.0 buff to Aux (not +7.5).

Can you please double-check your findings, and possibly post a print screen of each item's Info Description for me (right-click the device, left-click Info)? I've already updated the Calc on my end, adding the buffs you have posted, but I want to be accurate before I publish an update. If it turns out the Engines are ranked on a scale, it will take some time to work up the formula (not too much, if I verify it's the same as the EIEs).

Since S7 has turned the STF-Lottery into a Rep-Grind, I've a couple KDF toons that are getting to a near point in acquiring these items. So that's lovely, and means I'll be able to check this out for myself in the not-too-distant future.

Until then, do please keep using the fields you've already noted for manually adding power boosts. Glad they're getting some use!

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.
Ensign
# 34
02-11-2013, 08:34 PM
Hi,

The KHG engine (and the adopted MACO) gives 3,8 efficient power bonus so its not a flat bonus.
The Tactical Readiness (2 piece set bonus) according to the in-game info gives 8,8 power to the Aux. It is a flat bonus.

I double-checked the infos.
Rihannsu
# 35
03-01-2013, 11:40 PM
Thank you Jadensecura and Dome7. I have (finally) acquired an Adapted MACO set on one of my toons and was able to confirm the Power Buffs. The Engine functions Efficiently just like the basic Efficient Impulse Engine already in the Calc. Likewise, I've tested it with the Advance and Elite Fleet Efficient Engines, and these buff the same way. So all I need to do is update the label so people know it applies to these Engines as well.

I've also confirmed the 2-pc Adapted MACO/KHG Tactical Readiness provides a +8.8 Aux Buff. So I'll add this.

Expect the updated Calc with the above and recently added ships (Andorians, etc.) to be released in the next couple of days.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Rihannsu
# 36
03-14-2013, 07:50 AM
New Version - 7.1.00:

Release Notes:

- Changed the option for Efficient Impulse Engines to Various Efficient Impulse Engines.
- Added a comment explaining that this entry field can be used for any of the Basic Efficient Impulse Engines, Advanced & Elite Fleet Efficient, the Klingon Honor Guard (KHG), and the Adapted MACO Impulse Engines. All these provide the same buff to Ship's Power based on the ship's current settings (more power at lower settings).
- Added STF KHG/Adapted MACO Tactical Readiness Passive.
- Added the following ships to the Ship Power Stats:
* KDF K'maj, the Fed Yamaguchi, and the Andorian Kumari, Khyzon, and Charal. The Andorian ships were added by their name, and with the racial prefix ("Andorian"). Taking a cue from that, I added D'Kyr as a separate entry from the pre-existing "Vulcan D'Kyr". Stats on these duplicates are the same, only listing them twice for easy location however you look for them.
- Fixed a couple of comment typos.
- Fixed links for Universal Consoles and Sets.
- Removed the "Universal Console" phrase from the Assimilated Module name.
- Corrected spelling of "Dreadnought" on ship page.

Enjoy!

Starfleet Veteran
# 37
03-15-2013, 10:19 AM
Thanks for the post, trying to get back in to the game after not playing since 2010.
STO is quite technical and stat heavy compared to many MMORPG, and understanding power levels is a big part of that.
Still need to get up to speed on consoles, if they stack like they used to and what caps there might be.
Rihannsu
# 38
03-15-2013, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by operations2000 View Post
...trying to get back in to the game after not playing since 2010.... Still need to get up to speed on consoles, if they stack like they used to and what caps there might be.
Welcome back to the game! Consoles all pretty much all stack with no cap, with a notable exception being Engineering "armor consoles." These have the typical diminishing returns of all Resistances (the point being that nothing should ever get to 100% resistant). I don't remember the exact formula off the top of my head, but the more you add the more you loose. You'll find there are all sorts of "Universal" or "Special" consoles out there now, too. These have unique stats or abilities, often belonging to a set that grants additional powers the more pieces of the set you have. Mostly these are "Unique" meaning you can only have one one a ship at a time, so they don't stack either.

Ensign
# 39
03-16-2013, 01:48 AM
There are FOUR lights!

Looking forward to my new blue officer...
Thanks for the great table, very useful!
Starfleet Veteran
# 40
03-16-2013, 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordhavelock View Post
Welcome back to the game! Consoles all pretty much all stack with no cap, with a notable exception being Engineering "armor consoles." These have the typical diminishing returns of all Resistances (the point being that nothing should ever get to 100% resistant). I don't remember the exact formula off the top of my head, but the more you add the more you loose. You'll find there are all sorts of "Universal" or "Special" consoles out there now, too. These have unique stats or abilities, often belonging to a set that grants additional powers the more pieces of the set you have. Mostly these are "Unique" meaning you can only have one one a ship at a time, so they don't stack either.
Right the resistance thing rings a bell, and makes sense.
Is there a max power cap of 125 still?
Re-Skimmed the original post not sure if that was mentioned, or is still the case.
What happens if you spec beyond the max?
The meta game of all the new console types will take a while to get to grips with, just trying to get a handle on the basic mechanics again at the moment.