Starfleet Veteran
# 11
03-16-2013, 05:54 AM
My Father set the rules for me early, I've always followed them.

Even when I began to outmass him, he would just brace and ask me if I "felt froggy" LOL.

He's gone now, but I still follow his rules. Probably what keeps me out of prison.

I think the moral is to instill a Healthy "Respect" and with primates unfortunatly that means fear of pain. He never hit me more than a few times, it was the fear of what he would do that kept me in check. I've walked away from fights over how shamed I would be to go to jail and have to face him. This was lucky for a few people, but don't worry, I will always remember them and some day we will have a reconning.
If your post is anything like, "I have a sandwich so you can't be starving" it's time to rethink posting.

Last edited by thlaylierah; 03-16-2013 at 05:58 AM.
Captain
# 12
03-16-2013, 06:12 AM
discussing parenting issues with complete strangers on an online forum of a computer game. If the upbringing of your children had more of such brilliant ideas, the question why the kids didn't turn out quite right is moot.

quite frankly i would probably run away the second i turn 18 if i had parents that discussed private stuff on the internet...on a game forum. I mean that is probably just the tip of the iceberg.
get some professional advice!

what would i do? definately not start a thread on the STO forum about that. Probably the best advice you will get out of this thread.
Go pro or go home

Last edited by baudl; 03-16-2013 at 06:20 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 13
03-16-2013, 06:35 AM
Wow, that post kind of proves it's own point.

Sorry OP.
If your post is anything like, "I have a sandwich so you can't be starving" it's time to rethink posting.
Career Officer
# 14
03-16-2013, 06:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baudl View Post
discussing parenting issues with complete strangers on an online forum of a computer game. If the upbringing of your children had more of such brilliant ideas, the question why the kids didn't turn out quite right is moot.

quite frankly i would probably run away the second i turn 18 if i had parents that discussed private stuff on the internet...on a game forum. I mean that is probably just the tip of the iceberg.
get some professional advice!

what would i do? definately not start a thread on the STO forum about that. Probably the best advice you will get out of this thread.
Have to totally agree with this post. I'm a single Dad raising a son and I would never discuss our personal issues in public with a group of strangers.
Captain
# 15
03-18-2013, 05:19 AM
Hey guys it's all cool and good. I kept it all general. So no names, or gender or anything outside of the issue was know. Heck not even the area we live in, so it's not that personal.

Besides i have an update:

All parties sat down on Saturday on both sides. Bottomline. both people have gone back home to try to improve their situations 1st, before they live home again.

I will end it there, so no more sim-private talk from this point forward ok guys.