Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lieutenant
Using a Dragon Flagship build, which power would be the best pick for a pvp encounter? I am a tactical captain.
Career Officer
# 2
03-16-2013, 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vangreal View Post
Using a Dragon Flagship
Stopped reading after that
Fancy an exclusive, extended 21 day trial of eve online?
Sign up (heck, it's free for almost a full month, using the link) and see what you think.
Captain
# 3
03-16-2013, 10:30 AM
lol...

wtf is a dragon flagship build?
Captain
# 4
03-16-2013, 10:33 AM
but on the real:

if you are focusing on spike damage in a cruiser.....in the immortal words of the Jorfmaster....yourdoingitwrong.

so...

omega1.

have fun kill bad guys

-thrusters on full-

edit: maybe a DEM doff bo2,bo3 double tap combo....but....thats tricky to pull off..

Last edited by thishorizon; 03-16-2013 at 10:36 AM.
Captain
# 5
03-16-2013, 11:00 AM
TT + FAW 2 + Omega 1, if I had to pick.

Aux 2 Batt build to keep your power levels high.
The first we heard of getting new PvP maps "soon" was in August of 2010. We're consistently told something will be coming with the "next" update. Absolutely nothing has come to PvP since launch.

I think it's finally time Cryptic stopped stringing us along, don't you?
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-16-2013, 11:04 AM
I'd like to throw Aux2batt out the window imo, but my fleet assault i have three ways in which i keep the weapon power high at all times. One being one copy of emergency power to weapons and the use of omega weapon amplifier (2 piece new borg). And lets not forget weapon batteries with the exocomp.
Captain
# 7
03-16-2013, 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ike View Post
I'd like to throw Aux2batt out the window imo, but my fleet assault i have three ways in which i keep the weapon power high at all times. One being one copy of emergency power to weapons and the use of omega weapon amplifier (2 piece new borg). And lets not forget weapon batteries with the exocomp.
aux2 bat build would include technician doffs meaning all your boff powers are reduced to approximately global cooldown, meaning no need for doubles, faster recycle of pattern omega and tac skills, steady power to ENGINES and shields which will give you more agility (a bit at least) and defense and also adding to the buffness of your shields.

oh and if you use rsp in your build somewhere, that cooldown gets reduced a lot too. so yeah. go aux 2 bat and stop failing cruiser class.

Or buy a vesta, its the better cruiser.
Empire Veteran
# 8
03-16-2013, 12:09 PM
dragon flagship? that sounds like some shipyard subforum pve sandbox build. don't listen to any advice you get from there. my thread has a lot of tac heavy cruiser builds, and like mentioned run on tech doffs primarily. you cant be a good heal boat with them very well though, keep that in mind.

APO is by far the best choice, if only for its defensive bonus
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Lieutenant
# 9
03-16-2013, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vangreal View Post
Using a Dragon Flagship build
reminds me of:

Commander, a large support fleet just warped in.

Were you detected?

No.

Good. Dragon Fleet, you may enter the field.

Jumping in now....Do you have a primary target?

Just burn them all....
24 Hours a day, 365 days a week.
Captain
# 10
03-16-2013, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
dragon flagship? that sounds like some shipyard subforum pve sandbox build. don't listen to any advice you get from there. my thread has a lot of tac heavy cruiser builds, and like mentioned run on tech doffs primarily. you cant be a good heal boat with them very well though, keep that in mind.

APO is by far the best choice, if only for its defensive bonus

The Dragon flagship build refers to the dreadnought build some dude posted a while ago.

Cannon/turret/dem and such things.

Has since lost its sparkle due to defensive power creep, the rep system really nailed the coffin there...