Rihannsu
# 231
03-16-2013, 12:47 PM
having the same issues here in Kansas City, Mo. I cant move a map with out "server disconnect" every single time and it took 4 tries for the launcher to come up.
Starfleet Veteran
# 232
03-16-2013, 01:22 PM
Dang! Twelve disconnects in an hour. Unable to patch. Unable to log on. Unable to do jack.

You should NOT be permitted to add one more season until you fix all this 'stuff' you have let pile up and neglected over the past three years. And I"M a patient guy. I've been playing since it started and have overlooked all these little issues and bugs by telling myself you guys have a lot on your plate and it will be worth it in the end, but it just KEEPS GETTING worse.

Just STOP. Stop the New Seasons, new ships, and all the stuff you throw out to make more money and fix what you have FIRST. You'll generate a hell of a lot more respect, players, and money in the end. Just exactly what business model do you operate on anyway?

This is truly unacceptable.

If I thought it would help, I'd complain to CBS with the hopes that there is SOME kind of agreement between the two of you that you have to maintain a certain level of excellence in service.
Rihannsu
# 233
03-16-2013, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pozmedley1963 View Post
Dang! Twelve disconnects in an hour. Unable to patch. Unable to log on. Unable to do jack.

You should NOT be permitted to add one more season until you fix all this 'stuff' you have let pile up and neglected over the past three years. And I"M a patient guy. I've been playing since it started and have overlooked all these little issues and bugs by telling myself you guys have a lot on your plate and it will be worth it in the end, but it just KEEPS GETTING worse.

Just STOP. Stop the New Seasons, new ships, and all the stuff you throw out to make more money and fix what you have FIRST. You'll generate a hell of a lot more respect, players, and money in the end. Just exactly what business model do you operate on anyway?

This is truly unacceptable.

If I thought it would help, I'd complain to CBS with the hopes that there is SOME kind of agreement between the two of you that you have to maintain a certain level of excellence in service.
its not Cryptic or PWE thats the problem mate its the middle-man between us and cryptic
Career Officer
# 234
03-16-2013, 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsww View Post
I just want to make a point of correcting this. Login in using a DNS server that completely doesn't touch Cogentco still causes the server not responding during map transfers. That makes it definitely an issue on Cryptic's end. I have tested from multiple internet connections using DNS servers and without.
DNS isnt about traffic routing, it is only address translation

once your "in the game" your computer and the server are talking and no longer need the DNS tables to traslate www.*****.com to what ever the IP is
Career Officer
# 235
03-16-2013, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psymantis View Post
Ah OK. My mistake. I've just had people treat me as being stupid in real life because I'm not very good at expressing myself verbally. It can be very frustrating. Apologies.
No worries man! It's my fault for using your post as a counterpoint to an on-going conversation with grouchy, so I see how you could take that out of context.

Bottom line is people all over the world are seeing problems like this sporadically, and everything points to issues with the Cogent colo in Boston. Whether that's a device problem, network configuration issue, or simply poor provisioning by PWE is anybody's guess.
Ensign
# 236
03-16-2013, 03:58 PM
Ever since the patch a few days ago, I've been having "server not responding" issues and have been disconnected as well.
Game is not even playable at this moment.
Did not have any login or d/c issues before their latest patch.
Ensign
# 237
03-16-2013, 04:03 PM
It's not the patch. Champions is having the exact same problem.
Lt. Commander
# 238
03-16-2013, 05:18 PM
When did Star Trek Online become Sim City?
Lt. Commander
# 239
03-16-2013, 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirrorseacat View Post
its not Cryptic or PWE thats the problem mate its the middle-man between us and cryptic
That's not entirely accurate, or their staff would not be posting this:

v4liance
Cryptic Studios Team
# 85
Yesterday, 06:52 PM

Hey everyone,

Really sorry about the latency and disconnect issues you're having. Right now, our engineers are aware that some of our players are experiencing these issues, and they're working on fixing it.

Again, I'm really sorry, and I promise we'll get this fixed as soon as possible.

- Val
Ensign
# 240
03-16-2013, 05:29 PM
Yep, and still nothing, three days with problems, and nobody stops to take the time to tell us anything on cryptics end? Come on, with so many people paying a lot of money to play this game, can u really afford to keep us hanging? I was planning on buying a lifetime sub, but damn, Ive had more issues playing this game then a north korean missile launch!