Survivor of Romulus
# 1 Foundry Request: Fused Ships
02-03-2013, 05:57 PM
Would it be possible to in the future (long term) do something similiar to the "temperal ambassador" mission....

aka... send player to X location to take over Y ship?

I want an Armored Hatham called Fluffy!
Career Officer
# 2
02-03-2013, 06:01 PM
+1 That was fun!
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward." - Rocky Balboa (2006)
Captain
# 3
02-03-2013, 07:00 PM
The Foundry would be much cooler if it had tools for players to be given command over other ships, and also if it allowed Foundry authors to isolate players from their Boffs.

I hate parts of Foundry missions where I'm supposed to be doing something diplomatic but I've got four armed boffs with me for no good reason... but that is neither here nor there I suppose.
Career Officer
# 4
02-03-2013, 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thratch1 View Post
The Foundry would be much cooler if it had tools for players to be given command over other ships, and also if it allowed Foundry authors to isolate players from their Boffs.

I hate parts of Foundry missions where I'm supposed to be doing something diplomatic but I've got four armed boffs with me for no good reason... but that is neither here nor there I suppose.
I can see it now, someone can be given control of a Jupiter Class Dreadnought or a Scimitar in order to farm a bunch of wimpy battleships.

Click here for my Foundry tutorial on Creating A Custom Interior Map.
Survivor of Romulus
# 5
02-03-2013, 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagorak View Post
I can see it now, someone can be given control of a Jupiter Class Dreadnought or a Scimitar in order to farm a bunch of wimpy battleships.
i'll dump them in a planet killer

I want an Armored Hatham called Fluffy!
Rihannsu
# 6
02-03-2013, 07:51 PM
Zero discussed this.... and how difficult it is to get that to work right in CRYPTIC missions....

Short version: maybe never.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 7
02-04-2013, 11:19 AM
Perhaps there should be a limit - a spending limit assigned to each piece of equipment added to a ship, so as not to make it too powerful.

For example, each "commandable" ship of the Scimitar class has 2000 points.

Equipping a full MACO XII set would cost 1000, and each Purple Plasma DHC would be 500 each. Oops! Now we don't have enough points to fill up all four fore weapons slots on the Scimitar.

This system would allow players to be limited, and also allow the story-writing Foundry Authors to set a role for their player to take command of (ex. a tanking role in a mission).

stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More!
It's about time. DEVS NEED ACCOUNTABILITY.
Rihannsu
# 8
02-04-2013, 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stardestroyer001 View Post
Perhaps there should be a limit - a spending limit assigned to each piece of equipment added to a ship, so as not to make it too powerful.

For example, each "commandable" ship of the Scimitar class has 2000 points.

Equipping a full MACO XII set would cost 1000, and each Purple Plasma DHC would be 500 each. Oops! Now we don't have enough points to fill up all four fore weapons slots on the Scimitar.

This system would allow players to be limited, and also allow the story-writing Foundry Authors to set a role for their player to take command of (ex. a tanking role in a mission).
THAT would be insanely complicated. It's more likely that the devs would give us a few premade layouts and the option to reskin the ship to look different.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Ensign
# 9
03-16-2013, 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thay8472 View Post
Would it be possible to in the future (long term) do something similiar to the "temperal ambassador" mission....

aka... send player to X location to take over Y ship?
I want to see this happen.

I've been trying to find out if it's possible to test drive ships by either:
  1. Controlling a different ship in a Foundry mission
  2. Getting free test server Zen on the Tribble server

But I now see that:
  1. You can't control other ships in the Foundry
  2. You don't get free Zen on the test server anymore

I don't know if I would like different Zen $$$ ships that seem good. That's why I want a test drive. I don't want to spend $50 or even $25 in Zen and end up hating the ship. I'll probably just get the least expensive upgrade there is (4 Fleet Ship Modules aka $20) since I can't make sure I would love or hate other ships that cost more.

Cryptic/Perfect World is losing out on $$$ money $$$ without the ability to test drive ships. (wink, wink, nudge, nudge) Please put this in the game one way or another.

P.S. Please save our normal ships' Bridge Officer stations when switching ships.
Member of
Vulcan Kolinahr Fleet