Career Officer
# 11
10-04-2012, 08:51 AM
+1 from me... I miss them, truly.

The fact is, the original STF's were HARD... EliteSTF's today, are meh at best. In the past, you needed a mix of classes (ship roles/player roles).

My favorite example is KA Space. The current version is a joke compared to the original. In the original version, you had sphere guardians with every probe spawn... and the shielding on the gateways dropped only long enough for the spawns to get through.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
Empire Veteran
# 12
10-11-2012, 08:57 PM
+1 i loved the old STF's you had a feeling of joy and accomplishment when you beat them and they had story the new ones just arnt the same. at least let us have the option of doing both
Captain
# 13
10-11-2012, 09:32 PM
Retro stfs harder ?

I am all for it then

This game needs a challenge to draw people
Together.
Jellico....Engineer.....Stargazer KDF Tac
Saphire.. Science.....Ko'el Rom Kdf Tac
Leva........Tactical.....Mailu KDF Sci

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
Ensign
# 14
03-16-2013, 02:15 PM
Preach OP!
"Letting people fly what they like" is what has turned Star Trek Online from a continuation of the Star Trek world into a Star Trek theme park where ships are flown with no rhyme or reason.
Hell I get into so many groups with Jem'hadar ships they might as well rename this to Dominion Online.
Career Officer
# 15
03-16-2013, 02:22 PM
I don't mind making the elites as hard as the old ones however, do NOT touch the regulars. I'm a casual player and I do not want to do something difficult, that's fine if other people want to turn their gameplay into a second job, but I want the reputation system to remain the same.

This game has multiple types of players, catering the single portion of the players isn't going to improve it. I never do elites unless I'm with fleeties and they have their super powerful ships doing these things and I only go to elites when my fleeties ask me to go.

Some of us just want to relax when we play games, and making the entire STF experience a single experience especially like the old bug ridden experience I had when I first started this game, is so NOT an improvement for me. I just finished my borg set but I definitely need to get the maco set for my ship without spending hours dying for a single drop. That's not fun for everyone.
Captain
# 16
03-16-2013, 02:31 PM
i gotta say, no.
if there is one thing i hate, its repetitiitititititivnessnessness.
its annoying to be made to do the same thing over and over again, just like the way i spelled that.

3 tiers of stf could make things interesting, but we still need more of them in general.
as it turns out, an intrepid would lose a fight with a connie.
and thats canon.
! the power of plot compels you.
Survivor of Romulus
# 17
03-16-2013, 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandee777 View Post
Bring back the old STFs.
Okay I am not whining just asking...please bring back the old STFs. Actually have two sets of STFs...present and retro.

For the retro STFs the reward would be the retro Borg gear just as it was before.
I propose that the retro STFs be re-vitalized. The present day STFs would be a stepping stone to reach the retro STFs. Why? Simply put you would need the Borg gear to do the retro STFs to get the Borg space gear.
I agree with the above statement.
NO to ARC...Keep it in Beta

RIP KDF 2014-07-17 Season 9.5
Captain
# 18
03-16-2013, 04:22 PM
You do know terrordome still runs. . . From the avaliable list i ran it tonite
Captain
# 19
03-17-2013, 04:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandee777 View Post
Bring back the old STFs. Okay I am not whining just asking...please bring back the old STFs. Actually have two sets of STFs...present and retro.
+1 Agreed .

Quote:
We would gather on Teamspeak or Ventrilo or whatever internet chat room the guild was using at the time and just....go....and have fun...dying a lot.
I pugged them a lot -- shouting in the Orrelious zone chat ... (sometimes for a long time to get a KDF pug going) -- but the experience of spending longer time periods with the same ppl also had me making friends .
How many friends can you make in the 'new' STF's ?

Quote:
For the retro STFs the reward would be the retro Borg gear just as it was before.
This is one point I disagree .
The retro set has been taken away to be in a Rep system , and while I'm not thrilled about that , I'm ok with it .

As for rewards -- regular award drops + bonus drops at the end like we have now along with 3500 Dil per mission seems like a fair number as these are x3 the length of a regular elite STF (even a little longer as some scenes are completely missing from the new versions of the STF's) .
These could also award Fleet Marks , but it's not a must .

On another note , Terradrome is ok as it is now , it's completable , which is the most important thing . I just wish they'd add it to the queue system .

Quote:
Originally Posted by skollulfr View Post
i gotta say, no.
if there is one thing i hate, its repetitiitititititivnessnessness.
This content already exists (at least I pray that master files of them exist) -- so this would neither be 'new' nor 'must do' .
Just extra optional content , that costs Cryptic little-to-nothing to implement .
STO will be out of Beta in another 2-4 years ???
... you know after another 3 story arc remasters, crafting revamp, skills revamp, PVP upgrade ...
*note : the 2-4 year guesstimate came out of comparing Cryptic's Dev speed and that of a snail . Sadly the snail won .
Empire Veteran
# 20
03-17-2013, 04:49 AM
Yall do know this thread is several months old right?
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891