Lieutenant
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 35
# 11
03-16-2013, 06:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
Hive Space Elite. That will tide you over until S8 with it's new PvE HELL content comes out.
This tbh. It's the only one I find to be a crap shoot if you'll even finish it.
Captain
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 3,326
# 12
03-16-2013, 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vactuskasun View Post
This tbh. It's the only one I find to be a crap shoot if you'll even finish it.
yea, use klink tanks and make sure to only aggro one cube at a time keep as many resist debuffs stacked as you can
biggest ship calls the targets & takes first shots.

havnt tested but i think the borg will prefer the space goose which cant die until the cutscene.
as it turns out, an intrepid would lose a fight with a connie.
and thats canon.
! the power of plot compels you.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 227
# 13
03-16-2013, 11:25 PM
Color me confused, you don't want to grind but then compare and suggest end game be more like WoW progression which is basically is just a huge repeating grind with different tiers.
Career Officer
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,261
# 14
03-16-2013, 11:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by br3akingforce View Post
ok, so i'm a va, flying a ship i like (mobius) with mostly mkxii gear, and i have most of the ships i'm interested in in my collection. I'm in a great fleet, and am progressing through the rep systems and doff missions. I have completed all the storyline missions (once, except in a couple cases).

I have little to no interest in the pvp in this game.

please tell me that estf's and fleet mark events are not the pinnacle of endgame in-ship pve content.

I also have little interest in getting out of my ship and playing City of Star Trek on one of the planets.

I've heard the phrase "no win scenario", but am not clear on exactly what it is. and "kerrat" is pvp, right?

In other words, what's the point of getting better gear (by doing estf's), or maximizing my ship's potential with boffs? slightly faster future estf's?

I could probaly advance my character further, but...why?
Roll a Klingon. Or Gorn, Orion, Nausicaan, or whatever your space pirate of choice is.

If you'd rather not be that awesome, roll a new Fed character in a different career and learn a whole new style of play.


"Freedom is just a pretty idea unless it's backed by Force."

The Masterverse Timeline / Ten Forward Fanfics
Ensign
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 28
# 15
03-16-2013, 11:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by br3akingforce View Post
ok, so i'm a va, flying a ship i like (mobius) with mostly mkxii gear, and i have most of the ships i'm interested in in my collection. I'm in a great fleet, and am progressing through the rep systems and doff missions. I have completed all the storyline missions (once, except in a couple cases).

I have little to no interest in the pvp in this game.

please tell me that estf's and fleet mark events are not the pinnacle of endgame in-ship pve content.

I also have little interest in getting out of my ship and playing City of Star Trek on one of the planets.

I've heard the phrase "no win scenario", but am not clear on exactly what it is. and "kerrat" is pvp, right?

In other words, what's the point of getting better gear (by doing estf's), or maximizing my ship's potential with boffs? slightly faster future estf's?

I could probaly advance my character further, but...why?
why dont you want to pvp. most of this game is rather easy and repetitive. pvp is just another aspect of the game and gives you new challenges to overcome. playing ai is fun but playing another human being which gives you unlimited variation and challenge is well challenging and exiting. and the act of the pvp will enhance your skill in every aspect of this game.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 35
# 16
03-17-2013, 12:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skollulfr View Post
yea, use klink tanks and make sure to only aggro one cube at a time keep as many resist debuffs stacked as you can
biggest ship calls the targets & takes first shots.

havnt tested but i think the borg will prefer the space goose which cant die until the cutscene.
Honestly the cubes are the least of my worries lol.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 728
# 17
03-17-2013, 12:04 AM
Alts.

Foundry (do it for it's own sake).

Roleplay (ditto).

PVP anyway (ditto again).

Play Skyrim or some other time-devouring game until May (a little break never hurt anyone).

Go play outside in the sun, enjoy the nice spring weather, meet friends and seek companionship with the gender of your choice (that's for if you're REALLY desperate).
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,273
# 18
03-17-2013, 12:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by br3akingforce View Post
I am looking for content. preferrably harder content, with rewards commensurate to the difficulty.

For example, WoW: regular dungeons (stf's) prepare you with player experience (not just character experience) and gear for heroics. heroics (estf's) prepare you with player experience and gear for raids. raids (no sto equivalent, afaik) prepare you for heroic raids. heroic raids prepare you for the next round of heroics and raids, which are released before most people are able to crush the old content.

It's a system that makes people want to complete content not just to have shiny gear. without it, and the player experience you gain, things in the future are much more difficult.

In sto: why advance beyond being able to reliably complete estf's?
If you want harder content, that's what PvP is for. You aren't gonna find PvE content that's a whole lot more challenging than what's offered in the Elite STFs. Those are the most powerful NPCs you'll find, I think, unless someone's made a Foundry mission with very powerful NPCs attacking en-masse.

PvP is where the real challenge is at, if you're looking for one. You're not gonna get one from PvE, especially not once you figure out how to beat it in each specific situation. I recommend you give PvP a try, despite the fact that you said you're 'not interested'.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,273
# 19
03-17-2013, 12:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipmonitor View Post
why dont you want to pvp. most of this game is rather easy and repetitive. pvp is just another aspect of the game and gives you new challenges to overcome. playing ai is fun but playing another human being which gives you unlimited variation and challenge is well challenging and exiting. and the act of the pvp will enhance your skill in every aspect of this game.
This. PvP forces you to learn and understand at least the basic mechanics of how stuff actually works. It's also where offensive science skills come into play a little more. If he's really looking for a challenge and for harder content, PvP is where he ought to look. There isn't much there, but it's more challenging than shooting the mindless NPCs.
Commander
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 444
# 20
03-17-2013, 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingmaster View Post
This. PvP forces you to learn and understand at least the basic mechanics of how stuff actually works. It's also where offensive science skills come into play a little more. If he's really looking for a challenge and for harder content, PvP is where he ought to look. There isn't much there, but it's more challenging than shooting the mindless NPCs.
Ditto this. Unfortunately, the top endgame tier of play in virtually any MMO is PvP. There will always be a dearth of new content, since even adding something new every week would hardly be feasible, and either everyone would finish it the first day, or it would be so difficult that casual players would cry foul. I finished the dominion FE on 4 toons in an afternoon (and evening) of play, by the final run it was *yawn* face roll. I had planned to grind out some more dominion polaron beams, but I dread that prospect with every fiber of my being now (the spacewalk, while cool the first time, is incredibly tedious after that).

I know why most people are afraid to try PvP - there's frustration, trash talk, and some measure of humiliation, especially if you have any kind of emotional RP investment in you ship and gear. It sucks to get into, in every MMO, simply because of some of the (14 year old) players in it.

Go in, expect to do fairly poorly, but instead of getting upset, channel your frustration into improving your playing and shipbuilding, make judicious use of the ignore function, and within a week or two, trust me, you will be having fun.

Cheers!
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:42 PM.