Lt. Commander
Well, the recent Duty Officer promotion in the Z-store... the topic of http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=833421, on the home page of STO the summary mentions:

"For a limited time, there is a chance to receive a Jem'Hadar Attack Ship or Lobi Crystals upon opening a Fleet Support Duty Officer Pack before they're discontinued. Read more for full details."

Let me say again...

"For a limited time, there is a chance to receive a Jem'Hadar Attack Ship or Lobi Crystals upon opening a Fleet Support Duty Officer Pack before they're discontinued Read more for full details.."

Anyone think this might be related to the upcoming update in May?

- The summary suggests that the Jem'Hadar ship(s) will be discontinued, if this is a mistake, could someone correct it? I found it quite misleading.

I'm not suggesting another lock box here, but what if this countdown is to a new series etc, which features Romulan lock boxs or something - I dunno. But the discontinued suggests a new box... that's all.

In a podcast with a Dev, he was asked if there would be - not yet but in the future when the faction is released I think he said.

Not saying they are related or that there will be one etc, but with all this hype this plays into it quite nicely in my opinion.

Thoughts?

Last edited by enterprise629; 03-14-2013 at 01:02 PM.
Commander
# 2
03-14-2013, 12:54 PM
Is this true, there will be no more chances after this Fleet Pack event thing ?

I dont see that being said in the store.
Captain
# 3
03-14-2013, 12:55 PM
They've been discontinued before, I'm sure after they're discontinued in a couple weeks they be discontinued again 6 months from now.

...Besides, the ad says 10 lobi OR JHAS, so given the normalized odds you'll get the guaranteed 10 lobi, 7 DOFFs, 1 of a few good bonus items and maybe 4 fleet modules.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-14-2013, 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jelly0 View Post
Is this true, there will be no more chances after this Fleet Pack event thing ?

I dont see that being said in the store.
I don't know.

My mistake: Not the store, on the forum in the promotion topic... thread... thing. I'll correct it in the OP and include a link.
Commander
# 5
03-14-2013, 01:15 PM
Ah, so the fleet support packs are being discontinued.

Edit
Already a fail, people are reporting not getting lobi or ship and it says you will get either oO

Last edited by jelly0; 03-14-2013 at 01:19 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-14-2013, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jelly0 View Post
Ah, so the fleet support packs are being discontinued.
No, I was suggesting the current lock box and ships.

Being replaced with another or not, in the upcoming May update.

Maybe a Romulan themed or related one, or something similar.

Last edited by enterprise629; 03-14-2013 at 01:21 PM.
Career Officer
# 7
03-14-2013, 01:59 PM
First of all, it's the C Store, not Z Store.

Secondly, this is what, the 3rd time the Jemmies have been released since last Christmas? It's not Romulan-related. It's just another DoFF pack being retired.
Career Officer
# 8
03-17-2013, 12:04 AM
So the fleet support pack is being discontinued, with the JHAS as a going-away promotion.

Just like the reinforcements pack was discontinued, with the JHAS as a going-away promotion.

And the Gamma Quadrant pack was discontinued, with the JHAS as a going-away promotion.

Doff packs come, doff packs go. The Bug sees them off, like usual. I eagerly wait to see what oddball alternative active-duty powers the next doff pack will bring.

Related to what is coming in May? The theme of the next doff pack may be tied in to that somehow, but the retirement of the current pack isn't. It's just happening.
Rihannsu
# 9
03-17-2013, 02:51 AM
This has nothing to do with anything really. There is usually a themed Doff pack. they come and go, and often have the jem'hadar ship in it for their last few weeks.

the jem'hadar ship will most likely be back again in the future.

all you might see if a new themed doff pack (romulan perhaps?) but these run independent to actual lock boxes. I doubt we will see the next lock box before may.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Career Officer
# 10
03-17-2013, 11:29 PM
Actually there was a mixup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v4liance View Post
For a limited time, there is a chance to receive a Jem'Hadar Attack Ship or Lobi Crystals upon opening a Fleet Support Duty Officer Pack!

Click here to read more.

[UPDATE] Hey folks, looks like I made a mistake - Fleet Support Duty Officer Packs are not being discontinued after this promotion. Really sorry about any confusion!
Nothing is being discontinued.

And here, very bottom: http://sto.perfectworld.com/blog/?p=833421

Quote:
Revision: Previously, this article mentioned that the Fleet Support Duty Officer pack would only be on sale for a limited amount of time. This is not the case. While the Jem'Hadar ship promotion will only persist for a limited amount of time, the Fleet Support Duty Officer Pack will remain on sale after the promotion concludes.
The reason for the confusion is that in the past they offered a chance to get the Jem'hadar attack ship from a duty officer pack in the c-store and the doff pack was being discontinued and replaced (A "this is your last chance to get these doff packs" kinda thing). From the looks of things they are just promoting the chance to get the ship from a specific doff pack and nothing more. I'm guessing because of all the complaints of the Jem'hadar attack ship hangar pets that can only be equipped on the Jem'hadar dreadnaught but you must own both ships. (They even mention the hangar pets and the fact you have to own both ships in the promotion). The pets are in the game always but you can't even purchase them unless you own both the JHAS and Dreadnaught.

Guess they just wanted people to get more bug ships so they will shut up about the JHAS hangar pets, as it seems that despite the massive amount of complaints they aren't going to change anything any time soon. -.-*
Self Portrait

Last edited by monkeybone13; 03-17-2013 at 11:31 PM.