Career Officer
# 321
03-16-2013, 08:11 AM
Today the Reputation event falls within our time slot so I'm thinking that might be a good idea for today's event. The servers seem to be in Tourettes mode though with constant SNR's and DC's. If those persist through the afternoon, we might not be able to have an event today.

Edit: Just a heads up. If the servers hold up, we should meet in the Tau Dewa sector block.

Last edited by jcsww; 03-16-2013 at 08:27 AM.
Captain
# 322
03-16-2013, 02:20 PM
Buh, I had to spend the afternoon unloading my parents storage shed instead of TFBB. And we're not done........
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Career Officer
# 323
03-16-2013, 04:13 PM
No worries! Just about every time I tried to change maps, I got long load screens of "Server not responding" and they almost always ended in a disconnection. I sure hope tomorrow is better but I'm not getting my hopes up.
Ensign
# 324
03-17-2013, 05:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsww View Post
No worries! Just about every time I tried to change maps, I got long load screens of "Server not responding" and they almost always ended in a disconnection. I sure hope tomorrow is better but I'm not getting my hopes up.
yup...the server not responding issue has become such that playing the game these days is nearly a complete waste of time. Sadly; during the past few days, it's become far worse, not anywhere near better.

I am a supporter of F2P for many good reasons, however with the increased player load Cryptic/ Perfect World has failed miserably in keeping up with the increased loads. Never, not once before F2P did we ever see servers not responding or disconnects, now it's an all too common occurrence.

I'm in my 4th year in STO but now I'm thinking perhaps it's past time to find something else to do with my time. Together with all too common unbelievable lag (even though my tracert results are excellent; per Cryptic), servers not responding and disconnects...what's the point in coming here at all anymore?
Career Officer
# 325
03-17-2013, 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by admiralwolf View Post
yup...the server not responding issue has become such that playing the game these days is nearly a complete waste of time. Sadly; during the past few days, it's become far worse, not anywhere near better.

I am a supporter of F2P for many good reasons, however with the increased player load Cryptic/ Perfect World has failed miserably in keeping up with the increased loads. Never, not once before F2P did we ever see servers not responding or disconnects, now it's an all too common occurrence.

I'm in my 4th year in STO but now I'm thinking perhaps it's past time to find something else to do with my time. Together with all too common unbelievable lag (even though my tracert results are excellent; per Cryptic), servers not responding and disconnects...what's the point in coming here at all anymore?
The point behind playing STO has been one that has been dwindling for me for quite some time. What keeps me here though are the great people. If it wasn't for the players, I would have been long gone before the game went F2P.

Hopefully the servers are stable enough to do something today. If not, there's always next weekend. As of right now, I'm still getting map transfer server disconnects.
Career Officer
# 326
03-17-2013, 03:24 PM
I would just like to say thank you to Crptic for us not being able to do anything today. The sloppy state of STO made it hard to even get beyond selecting my character but the maps only ever loaded once.
Career Officer
# 327
03-23-2013, 10:04 AM
The TFBB is less than an hour for today's event. What shall we do?
Career Officer
# 328
03-24-2013, 10:32 AM
Will we have an event today or is it too nice outside to have enough show up?
Career Officer
# 329
03-30-2013, 02:08 PM
Sorry for the late heads up but there are no TFBB events this Easter long weekend! I would have posted earlier but I got side tracked preparing the ham for tonights supper and stuffing the turkey for tomorrows. From myself and Z, have a very happy Easter weekend, stay safe, and eat plenty!
Career Officer
# 330
04-06-2013, 11:39 AM
After a nice long Easter weekend, we are back and ready to blow up things! TFBB time is 2PM ET, we meet on Drozana Station in instance 1, above the door to go into the center of the station. This will change once the updated Drozana hits Holodeck. Until then, have haven't decided where the new meeting place should be but are open to suggestions. Remember, it has to be an place accessible to all factions.

Today turned out to be a quiet day for events but there is always tomorrow. Same time, same place, but I'll remember to post before hand next time.