Ensign
# 1 Do Something GMs
03-17-2013, 05:56 AM
I am sick of leaching in PVE Elites that includes the groups I get thrown into were my dps is higher then the other 4 members combined who all tend to be tact and I am sci....
Career Officer
# 2
03-17-2013, 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinma View Post
I am sick of leaching in PVE Elites that includes the groups I get thrown into were my dps is higher then the other 4 members combined who all tend to be tact and I am sci....
And I am sick of over powered DPS monkeys who ruin PVE because they feel their DPS gives them a right to blow generators early, blow Tac Cubes then complain when the team can't handle the extra ship pops, and those who call in borg cubes then either avoid them or die and leave the rest of the team to deal with the fall out.

Leaching sucks, but people who can't control their DPS output suck even more. It is great to have a ton of DPS on the team but part of being a team is making sure the missions get done correctly. If you see the team sucks, which you can tell in the first 30 seconds of any STF, then don't over charge your weapons. Take the extra five minutes and finish the mission correctly. All your complaining and purposely messing up the mission just wastes every ones time.

Eisaak
Republic Veteran
# 3
03-17-2013, 12:01 PM
Quote:
I'd love to know how you expect Game Moderators to help you with that problem....
Joined Sept 09.

Curse you Archived Post.... you stole all my Ideas.
Captain
# 4
03-17-2013, 12:31 PM
I'm getting tired of people destroying the right side cube, when all the probes on middle and left still need destroying and then wondering why the raptors and neg'vahrs overwhelm the Kang and the mission fails.

But Cryptic can't do anything about that. I mean some folks just won't learn the mission.

Republic Veteran
# 5
03-17-2013, 12:33 PM
It will go through the proper chain http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMTDQZzQMKk

The Following signature is not endorsed by the Dukat administration, and Down with Bajor Party

Last edited by neoakiraii; 03-17-2013 at 12:36 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 6
03-18-2013, 04:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggymack22 View Post
I'm getting tired of people destroying the right side cube, when all the probes on middle and left still need destroying and then wondering why the raptors and neg'vahrs overwhelm the Kang and the mission fails.

But Cryptic can't do anything about that. I mean some folks just won't learn the mission.

What, seriously? That's the way my fleet does it and we never have a problem. One bloke controlling BoPs from left and middle while everyone else destroys right, then first bloke takes care of left raptors while everyone else destroys middle, then all come together on the last one.

Some folks clearly need to learn how to do damage.
Career Officer
# 7
03-18-2013, 08:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimrak1 View Post
What, seriously? That's the way my fleet does it and we never have a problem. One bloke controlling BoPs from left and middle while everyone else destroys right, then first bloke takes care of left raptors while everyone else destroys middle, then all come together on the last one.

Some folks clearly need to learn how to do damage.
No kidding, we did it in 4 mins on Saturday
Delirium Tremens
Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
Nothing to do anymore.
http://dtfleet.com/
Visit our Youtube channel
Career Officer
# 8
03-18-2013, 08:19 AM
Quote:
Teaming with people you know will solve this. No GM required.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
Anyone calling Valoreah a "Cryptic fanboy" must be new to the forum.
Captain
# 9
03-18-2013, 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicha0 View Post
No kidding, we did it in 4 mins on Saturday
If there's 3 minutes left on the timer, and none of the cubes have all their probes destroyed yet, it's safe to say that killing a cube is probably a bad idea when they do finally get some of those pesky probes destroyed.

From a "what to do" standpoint, I find that STF to be the easiest in the game. It's so very simple. Don't let the Kang get killed. Destroy the probes, kill the cubes, viola. There's so much less to worry about. No probes trying to escape through time. No DPS race to kill probes, adds, transformers, adds, and then gateways and adds. Just straight up protect a ship and kill some cubes.

Yet that's the one STF that when I PUG seems to fail the most.

Confuses the heck out of me. Something so tactically simple can still produce such disastrous results, heh.
Career Officer
# 10
03-18-2013, 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggymack22 View Post
If there's 3 minutes left on the timer, and none of the cubes have all their probes destroyed yet, it's safe to say that killing a cube is probably a bad idea when they do finally get some of those pesky probes destroyed.

From a "what to do" standpoint, I find that STF to be the easiest in the game. It's so very simple. Don't let the Kang get killed. Destroy the probes, kill the cubes, viola. There's so much less to worry about. No probes trying to escape through time. No DPS race to kill probes, adds, transformers, adds, and then gateways and adds. Just straight up protect a ship and kill some cubes.

Yet that's the one STF that when I PUG seems to fail the most.

Confuses the heck out of me. Something so tactically simple can still produce such disastrous results, heh.
It's because (unless you're someone with high DPS) - most pugs I've seen get tunnel vision on blowing the nanite probes and the cubes and figure 'someone else will take the BOPs/Negvar <-- what they're only a couple of ships' -- and that ends up with the person guarding the kang (if the PUG has one person doing that) and the one person who when after the Negvar/BOPs start to get overwhelmed - and the Kang takes a few too many hits and the Optional is gone. I agree that this one overall is the easiest IF you have a high DPS group -- with the average PUG, it seems a lot of players just try to 'spam spacebar' and hope everything explodes fast.
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says, "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."