Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,690
# 31
03-16-2013, 04:08 PM
I was doing KASE last night with some friends and we were getting one shotted by her spreads....which we had NO WARNING of her firing them..one second we were hammering away at her ship the next we had explosions all around us going through everything we were using to stay alive lol...both her photon and plasma spreads

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,553
# 32
03-16-2013, 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynder2012 View Post
I was doing KASE last night with some friends and we were getting one shotted by her spreads....which we had NO WARNING of her firing them..one second we were hammering away at her ship the next we had explosions all around us going through everything we were using to stay alive lol...both her photon and plasma spreads
Was your sound on? If it is, pay attention and listen for the sound of photons or plasma torps firing. Then look at her carefully. If you see what looks like too many torps for it to be the usual, hit your defenses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowfang240 View Post
and what about the assimilated klingon ships from cure? those use cannons too, so it's not just bosses
Those are a very small exception. The majority of standard non-boss Borg ships (I.E. probes, spheres, cubes) are restricted to BAs and torps, of which the torps do the most damage.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,690
# 33
03-16-2013, 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
Was your sound on? If it is, pay attention and listen for the sound of photons or plasma torps firing. Then look at her carefully. If you see what looks like too many torps for it to be the usual, hit your defenses.
ah, ok I'll try that next time then Thanks. I'll be sure to turn my volume for sto up heheh

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
Rihannsu
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 277
# 34
03-16-2013, 08:01 PM
It happens to me a lot and I'm pretty tricked out gear wise and the same applies to the gate's invisible and invincible missile. I got hit the other day nearly 100k sad really.....

Join the preeminent Romulan community now!

Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan
(member #124)
Lieutenant
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 61
# 35
03-17-2013, 06:33 AM
Am I the only person here who has noticed what is the real issue here?
The community is.... we have cruiser users crying about their ships not having enough dps, and escort guys crying they get insta-killed all the time... With proper tanking donatra never kills anyone but i guess it's better to just ask cryptic to "NERF EVERYTHINK NAU!" just because most people don't understand that (most of the time) if your way of playing doesn't work very well it's most likely your fault not the game's (well, 100k+ normal torpedos are an exception). And I'm not implying here that you should all switch to cruisers... The design of ESTFs is very well thought out (again, not counting 100k+ standard plasma torps) but there's an another problem with the game mechanics - cruisers (which are the equivalent of a knight-tank class in other MMOs) don't have any active agro-changing abilities... We do have threat control but the problem is that it doesn't seem to work well on some NPCs(Hive ....) while it works wonders on others - I don't remember the last time I've lost agro on Donatra during a PUG but unfortunately there's also another problem - hardly any cruiser specs into threat control because:

a) they want to be DPS_MASTAHs
b) they don't want to die more (i've seen Odysseys get killed by one sphere on KASE...)
c) ESTFs can be easily finished by an escorts-only team without a tank cruiser or a sci support ship
(by escort players I mean real escort players not some WTF-1k-DPS-Skittles-Sprayer)
Rihannsu
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 573
# 36
03-17-2013, 06:47 AM
people saying that you cannot prevent the damage? tell me, why I can take the damage, well, you cannot ansver to that but question is why you CANNOT take it? because you are piece of toilet paper, science users should focus their subnukes to taking her torpedo spread off, if you see torps, hit subspace, bfi, tss, tt, make sure you have eptsX, and so on. easy to prevent the insta KO. you are just doing it wrong, imo. hazards also helps due to tiny heal between the torp hits, but yeh, look at the torpedo spread icon, if it disappears before the cooldown, check for subnukes or BFI right away
Say the word, it saves the world.
CUUCUUMBEER! "-With slight partigen with it."
Proud member or DPS-800 "-We kill dem mines with our scitter turrets."
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,553
# 37
03-17-2013, 06:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdamc View Post
hardly any cruiser specs into threat control because:

a) they want to be DPS_MASTAHs
b) they don't want to die more (i've seen Odysseys get killed by one sphere on KASE...)
c) ESTFs can be easily finished by an escorts-only team without a tank cruiser or a sci support ship
(by escort players I mean real escort players not some WTF-1k-DPS-Skittles-Sprayer)
Wrong on a few counts. The main reason that cruisers don't spec into Threat control is because it's not a ship specific skill. And the reason a lot of PLAYERS don't spec into threat control is because there is no off switch. I fly all 3 ship classes, and tbh, if I had TC active on my comet or escorts, I would have issues. TC on my cruisers? Psssh. But on my other ships, not nearly as ideal. And I am sure I am not the only one. Put a toggle switch for that skill, and all of a sudden you will see more tanking cruisers actually tanking.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 61
# 38
03-17-2013, 06:57 AM
I still believe that most(a very subjective estimate would be 50-60%) cruiser users have incredible survival issues (because they have skills like ET, ST, Boarding Party) which is probably the most important reason why they never even dream of tanking .
Rihannsu
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 277
# 39
03-17-2013, 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdamc View Post
I still believe that most(a very subjective estimate would be 50-60%) cruiser users have incredible survival issues (because they have skills like ET, ST, Boarding Party) which is probably the most important reason why they never even dream of tanking .
I have to agree with you. It sucks when you unload on Donatra from 40 Degrees rear full pop at 3KM and she switches to you instantly and even though there are not one or two but three cruisers in your PUG you have to EM + batteries put some distance between you and her and even then she stays you stays on you like a dog in heat and when you think you are safe at 20+Km - blamo! Insta vaporub.

Join the preeminent Romulan community now!

Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan
(member #124)
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 59
# 40
03-17-2013, 08:32 PM
It`s not just Donatra that 1 shot kills ya! The Borg Queen is all out merciless and 1 shots ya Every other Minute!
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:43 AM.