Short to Mid term-
Probably said already but I'd like to see a small revamp of some of the "Fleet" versions of old ships.
An example (as I use it) would be the Fleet version of the MVA .
The new Hull values etc are fine but the BO slots could do with a slight rework. Currently it has-
Why the 'original' RA level ship had an Ensign level BO slot ALWAYS bugged me especially since at the time this ship was constructed it was supposed to have most advanced Tactical Systems than any ship in the Alpha Quadrant (including the Defiant & Akira classes).
It would be nice to see this ship "merge" the Ensign and Lieutenant BO Tac slots together to make a Lt.Commander slot.
The same could be done with some Eng and Sci slots on the Cruisers and Sci Ships.
I think small changes like that would make these Ships way more desirable.
McCoy:In this galaxy, there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth-type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that... and perhaps more, only one of each of us.
Short Term Requests
- User Interface lag removed, ie inventory and bank. This is the most unpleasant thing about playing Star Trek Online
- Give Projectile Launchers charges and a reload cooldown, like the Borg Plasma Torpedo.
- Give decent Skill and Expertise awards from Low Level STF's.
Medium Term Requests
- Give perks and disadvantages to each kind of ships, like Boosted range for cruisers etc.
- Overhaul ship fitting system, and make Primary (energy) and secondary (projectile) weapons independant slots for ships so we don't have a beam boat for every cruiser
- Remove the Boff Training for reducing Cooldown and instead just improve the actual abilitie's performance.
Long Term Requests
-Greatly improved exploration, using probes and pin pointing devices. Best example: Eve Online's anomally signatures, most fun I have had trying to learn stuff about each system.
-Actual viable Endgame PvE Content. The STF's are the equivilant to a WoW 5-man Dungeon.
-Merge all sector blocks, and instate The Terran, Sauria, Delta Sectors. Sectorblocks that include New Xindus and Azati Prime, Correct the positions of 'western' Sectorblocks of Sol. Place Sol and Memory alpha into their correct Sectors and give PI Canis as a PvE Zone, Where the Sol and Betazed Sector Blocks can be for 1-10, and Sirius and Regulus can be 11-20.
- A mirror Galaxy -R with the BOFF & Console Layout of the Ambassador -R. (easy to accomplish, all ship model parts are already in the game. No balance issue Ambassador is already in the game, too.)
- Beam weapons drawing 25% less energy (possible in just one patch)
- RCS consoles that give a Flat bonus, so ships that need it most can actually profit from such a console.
- Bigger variety in exploration missions. (Tthere hasn't been any change in STOs exploration system since 2 years, if i remember correctly.)
Please remove any virus/trojan/spyware from your game installer. My McAfee Site Advisor blocks the download saying that the software can steal my private information or damage my computer or hard drive
Long Term: I`d like to see the sector blocks merged together and the constant edition of new maps i.e. New Xindus.
I`d also like to see more content for lower ablility players. And an increased level cap as well. The idea of having thousands of Rear Admirals flying around is not very Trek-like, this is a slight ranking system malfunction. But then it`s not a militiary simulator is it?
1) Update your game download files with the latest patches, it just plain laziness and irritating to your NEW User base to have them download an out of date game and then have to wait while it patches.
2) Nope, that's pretty much it, stop being so damn lazy you so called Engineers.
Short - Fix the bloody "I want to repair my ship fast in ESTF, but every time I pop open my window to heal or swap in gear my frikkin shuttle is in the window instead of my starship" bug
Mid - I'd like them to make "exploration zones" around the edges of the sector maps so instead of being told I can't take my Ody into deep space where she belongs if I hit the edge I just go and hit up exploration missions. Just once instead of hitting a wall I'd like to have my officer say "Permission granted to warp into deep space!" Ideally we would have the "one big sector space map" as well, but I'm flexible on that. Might be a lot of work for very little return to try and replace the current starmap.
Long - True map building, cutscene generating, and possibly a method to add voiceover to foundry missions. I would go on about things like branching dialogs and alternate quest paths but I assume those are the kinds of things we are likely to see anyway, as they are a bit easier to produce. I'd like the ability to generate terrain instead of working with stock settings. Cutscene generation is a must, the immersiveness when they are done well makes up for all the poor attempts people make at them before they get them right =P.
I've thought about the voice over issue and in the past the problems were insurmountable. That was before the Foundry Spotlight. Now issues of content and size can be regulated better by the developers. One of the rewards for having your mission added to the Foundry Spotlight could be granting the author the ability to record and save their own voiceovers to the server. They could then be reviewed for content before being pushed live. It would be beyond what is possible to ask the developers to screen the voice content of every foundry mission out there, but if instead they only needed to vet the limited subset of missions that both won Spotlight and had voiceovers added that day, it would be possible. By limiting it only to winning missions you also set a firm limit on the size you require. It is not as if you need to set aside storage space for every mission to have 1G of voice files attached, only the select few who both won and had the time and desire to add voiceover.
I once again match my character. Behold the power of PINK!
Short: In certain Borg Encounter missions (fight 4 groups of Borg, fight giant Borg ship), there are giant white 'smears' in space. These smears cause extreme lag, going so far as to even totally freeze my computer. Remove them. Please. I like to play the game, not watch a one frame per second slideshow of it.
1. Star Trek Enterprise Away Mission Uniforms (i.e. Away Team Jacket, Away Team Desert Outfit, Away Team Winter Coat, Environmental Suit, M.A.C.O. Combat Uniform).
2. Star Trek Enterprise Admiral Uniform, Dress Uniform.
3. Star Trek Vulcan Outfits (i.e. ST Enterprise Vulcan Starship Uniforms, Monk Robes, Ambassador Robes).
1. Star Trek Enterprise NX Class Bridge and interior (Considering that every new starship being released has it's own bridge designs include (i.e. Ferengi, Jem'Hadar, Andorian) it begs to wonder if a Constitution Class interior set was made why not one for NX Class?
2. Duty Officer Missions with Reputation rewards (i.e. Romulan Marks and Omega Marks).
3. New Duty Officers: Linguist/Communications officer; Stellar cartographer; and Intelligence officer to consider.
1. Additional starship customization both external and internal (i.e. Engine Room, Mess Hall, Sickbay, Captain's Quarters, Ready Room).
2. Separate bank for Tribbles and Epohh to encourage breeding and collecting.