Captain
# 271
03-17-2013, 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by solidshatner View Post
Same problem here in Ontario Canada - been about 3 days ongoing. Becoming very IRRATE! Just logged a ticket. 3 days people? No update. No word. WTF is going on?
Ontario, Canada! Highfive!

Whereabouts?

stardestroyer001, VA Explorers Fury | Email me for a Pro-Galaxy sig!
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More! | My Forum Gripes
Foundry: A new series coming soon! | PvP: PvP Boot Camp, Notebook Project Almost Done!
Career Officer
# 272
03-17-2013, 10:07 AM
this really makes me kinda sad. Every time I can't log on during weekends, it makes me realize how little I actually get out. I need the escapism of this addictive game so that I don't go insane with boredom. Damn... No plans on this getting a life anytime soon. Well, I guess it's back to thinking up my own religion to make cash off of.
Career Officer
# 273
03-17-2013, 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stardestroyer001 View Post
Ontario, Canada! Highfive!

Whereabouts?
which isp screwed you? cogeco? rogers? bell?
Ensign
# 274
03-17-2013, 10:08 AM
Quote:
Same problem here in Ontario Canada - been about 3 days ongoing. Becoming very IRRATE! Just logged a ticket. 3 days people? No update. No word. WTF is going on?

Same in Texas. They're clearly aware as they've merged multiple threads so they don't have to see multiple complaints. Now if they'd just bother to communicate. I'd go play Champions instead but it's having the same problem.
Commander
# 275
03-17-2013, 10:20 AM
I have managed service desks for over 15 years. The lack of follow up and communication with customers is probably the worst I've seen in the history of EVER! Logged in friday because I made my mind up to get a llifetime membership. The service over the past 3 days has successfully changed my mind to not do this ever. - Not trying to flame . . . just a reminder that lack of support to customers has impact.
Ensign
# 276
03-17-2013, 10:25 AM
Quote:
I have managed service desks for over 15 years. The lack of follow up and communication with customers is probably the worst I've seen in the history of EVER! Logged in friday because I made my mind up to get a llifetime membership. The service over the past 3 days has successfully changed my mind to not do this ever. - Not trying to flame . . . just a reminder that lack of support to customers has impact.

Agreed, I manage two NOC teams in real life. It doesn't matter if the trouble is on their end, or one of circuit providers (which is what it appears, given the symptoms and the ping plots I've run with an average of 20% PL and periods of 100% PL from the last two hops which are Cogent). it's their problem as visible to the end consumer. If I treated my clients like this, with no updates, no acknowledgement and no urgency, I'd be out of a job faster than you could spit.
Commander
# 277
03-17-2013, 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by libertylass View Post
Agreed, I manage two NOC teams in real life. It doesn't matter if the trouble is on their end, or one of circuit providers. it's their problem as visible to the end consumer. If I treated my clients like this, with no updates, no acknowledgement and no urgency, I'd be out of a job faster than you could spit.
The really sad part is that there may be teams of people freaking out to actually try and correct the problem. When you don't communicate or acknowledge issues of this nature . . . you send a message to your customers to the effect of "Screw you, hippies! Its the weekend and we've all !@#$%^ off to go fishing and couldn't care less." This undermines not only the customer relationship - but members of your own team that might actually be working REALLY hard.

Last edited by solidshatner; 03-17-2013 at 10:44 AM.
Ensign
# 278
03-17-2013, 10:49 AM
Quite possibly. I know if it was one of my accounts I'd have barely slept in three days, even if we'd traced it to our provider.
Lt. Commander
# 279
03-17-2013, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grouchyotaku View Post
Static routes is only of use if you are connected to multiple ISPs simultaneously, which is not applicable to the vast majority of STO users...

The only groups that have the ability to influence the Internet route declarations, is Cryptic/PWE through their Internet gateway declarations, and local ISPs through their peering relationships with the Internet Backbone providers...

(Which implies, that in addition to complaining to Cryptic/PWE to 'fix' their gateway, you can also complain to your local ISP to find a less congestive route to the STO servers)

Thank you for showing that you don't know TCP/IP nearly as well as you think you do.

Now, since you can't and won't do anything more helpful than spam the same thing over and over in this thread, would you please do those of us who are having issues and trying to keep heat on PWE/Cryptic to fix what they have acknowledged is their problem a favor and just stop?
Lieutenant
# 280
03-17-2013, 10:52 AM
im in the dallas area and i have been playing hell trying to play. constant disconnects. server not responding everytime i try to transition from one map to another. its a real crap shoot lately.
my net is working prefectly. its only sto that is fubared. it really got bad right after this last patch. seems that after each and every patch the game connection goes south. cryptic plain and simple FIX IT NOW!!!