Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
Hello. I just tried to complete this mission but during gameplay not only do my officers disappear but so do the enemy Klingons. I try to find them and when I do, they seem to phase in and out while fighting the phantom Klingons. I have beamed up several times and returned only to have the same thing happen. I cannot complete this mission of exploration until I complete this task. Any help would be appreciated.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-25-2010, 01:34 AM
For now, drop this mission and explore another unknown system.
Lt. Commander
# 3 Fix This Already!
07-03-2011, 08:45 PM
And here we are a solid freaking YEAR later and this mission is STILL uncompleteable due to BO and more importantly enemies falling through the world and vanishing.

How sad is this? A year and a half after release and this still hasn't been fixed. But hey, we have new stuff to buy in the C-Store!
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-04-2011, 03:22 AM
Most Explore missions involving Medical Crates recovery have them most of the time half buried in the ground and your away team and enemy troops often completely buried under the map.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-04-2011, 04:43 AM
i actually find it a good laugh watching enemies on the map terrain, they shoot you then follow and then fall through the map , by the time they reach the bottom of the map border they are dead from a very high fall, but there are other maps beside the medical crate recovery that has bugs, one map was built alright but the terrain sloped down and a building was put onto of it to eliminate some klingon groups from a small village, i could run under the building because of the sudden slope and the building was flat, then through the building and come back out the way i went in, on one ocassion i even managed to drop through the floor on one of these missions, mind you, i didnt drop far then ran under a klingon group and shot em to death, they couldnt touch me or my boffs...

i hope season 4 has this resolved...
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-14-2012, 04:06 AM
Still broken
Ensign
# 7
03-17-2013, 10:35 AM
Still borked. "Celebrating Three Years of FUBAR!"
Ensign
# 8
05-22-2013, 10:12 AM
Does the devs ever plan to fix this? How old is this game now?
Career Officer
# 9
02-28-2014, 07:10 PM
Bumping, because I just hit it myself and it really is in bad shape. It looks like abilities that cause enemies (and bridge officers) to be knocked down have a high probability of causing them to fall through terrain. Oddly enough it does not seem to affect the player character, only NPCs. The behavior though is somewhat odd, namely the enemy falls over as normal and even appears to get up, but then once they finish getting up they simply vanish, almost as if the game -thinks- they've fallen through terrain incorrectly. The intended playable area appears to be extremely high up, based on some of the (admittedly pretty) surrounding terrain. That's the best I can observe. It does appear the Bridge Officers have a small tendency to disappear randomly themselves if you draw very close to one of the mushroom rock things. The minimap shows them seemingly on/in the rock, some fiddling seems to indicate they're on top of it possibly.

Interestingly this also seems to be where some of the enemies go when they disappear, as at one point a bridge officer and the last enemy in an invasion party disappeared only to have the invasion parties killed ticker tick a few seconds after. Another incident had a party member disappear afterward when I went to go find out what the red dot on the minimap was. Once they disappeared, the combat log suddenly put on shots and the enemy was killed.

It appears to be related to those mushroom rocks. Bridge officers seem to disappear quite easily if you walk near them. On further examination, they do literally disappear. If forced to path around the mushroom rocks, it seems the game decides to simply pop them elsewhere.

Last edited by admlancel; 02-28-2014 at 07:12 PM.