Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Career Officer
# 31
03-17-2013, 01:57 PM
I've tried DDIS's build on my Kenn- except for the eng/shield/dis set, the AP DOffs, and I don't have the Tipler Cylinder from the Mobius - and for the most part it works. The main problem I had with it was that there is no hull heals.

What with all the things in game that bypass shields, I found myself regularly dying with full shields and no hull. I swapped out TSS3 for Aux2SIF2, and that helps a lot.

I'm still not sure why EP2Aux is in the build. I was worried that not having a second EP2S would be a problem, but it isn't. Shields are up almost constantly, and I still have a battery and RSP for back up.

I'm still tweaking. I'm grinding an eng/shield/dis set. I've played with the Temporal Disruption Device on front and back, but I'm not really happy either way. To get the most out of it, I think you need to have a THY or TSpread, which means giving up one of your CRFs. I'm thinking about doing away with the TDD altogether. That would cost me the Temporal Inversion Field, and I'm not sure I'm ready to give that up, yet.

I have considered just ripping out the whole Lobi store Temporal device set, and putting regular alternatives in their place. I'm not quite ready to go there yet, having invested so much in the set.

In other posts, people have said that the Mannheim Device was worthless. I'm finding it quite useful in STFs, not so much so in PvP. In my opinion, it should be used earlier rather than later. I'll probably find a PvP console to swap with it depending on what I'm doing.

Right now, I'm disappointed with the DPS in PvP. I haven't gone back to my skill points, yet, but I think I'm pretty good there. I won't be min/maxed for this ship, but this toon also flies a Qin, Vor'cha, and B'rel (torp build) and I don't want to cripple them. I'm probably going to have to be satisfied with what I have - a shield tank with moderately good DPS, unless someone gives me a good alternative.