Career Officer
# 51
03-14-2013, 04:03 PM
The Galaxy-X.....

The one, fleeting moment when the Enterprize was cool and awe inspiring!

How I wish the AC had a third nacelle option, nothing says "kicking your face in" like a third nacelle and a Phaser Lance!

If they would just change it Boff layout to something like the Regent and upped its turning to 9 or 10 it'd be perfect. I'd get it for my engi cruiser alt in an instant. Of course, it'd be nothing like a Galaxy then but what can you do? I think I now understand Cryptic's reasoning with the Galaxy but it really should not apply to the Gal-X.
Career Officer
# 52
03-14-2013, 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by edalgo View Post
So for the lulz of it I threw my second tac character into the dreadnought, first flies the Bug, just to see what I could make this baby do. I'm fully spec'd for dps, outfitted all phaser XI purple consoles you can equip and jumped into pvp.

Now my findings were pretty surprising. This ship tanked and gave better support than my fleet excelsior. I tried DHC's up front knowing that when I'm not on an attack run i switch to full power to Aux for support. Then i tried 6 beam arrays for broadsiding ppl. The broadsiding worked better and ill tell you why.

The lance is completely and utterly useless! For something that is supposed to be a step above BO3 in terms of effectiveness I saw as much as a standard unbuffed beam array. It misses constantly but even when I connected and I mean connected with, APA TF FOMM TT APO3 EPTW GDF on a target with shields in the red who was tractored and SNB'd it barely did 5k in dps. And this is when it didn't miss completely!

The dreadnought should be renamed the USS Failboat. We need a fix to lance before the fleet version comes out or it will fail as well.
You're doing something wrong. My lance hits for between 18 and 30K in each of the two pulses. I am guessing you are not precisely lined up on your target in which case it often misses or does much less damage. The trick to using the lance is subspace jump and tractor then hit it having already buffed up. In 3 hours in Kerrat this evening I got 21 kills using this method. Would be happy to show you if you contact me ingame. Having said all that I would like to see it as an ACCx3 beam and doing about 50% more damage. For the rest of the ship it desperately needs a Lt Cmd Tac and an additional TAC console.

And I love the look of the third nacelle

EDIT: added just now

[11:59] [Combat (Self)] Your Phaser Spinal Lance dealt 4462 (5254) shield damage to Pudding.

[11:59] [Combat (Self)] Your Phaser Spinal Lance deals 16505 (22945) Phaser Damage to Pudding.

[11:59] [Combat (Self)] Your Directed Energy Modulation I deals 251 (265) Phaser Damage to Pudding.

[11:59] [Combat (Self)] Your Phaser Spinal Lance deals 21759 (22945) Phaser Damage to Pudding.

Join Us www.srs-fleet.net
Your Ramming Speed III deals 297019 (421248) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to Lusankya

Last edited by mattjohnsonva; 03-14-2013 at 05:01 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 53
03-14-2013, 04:42 PM
i like the look of it with the venture neck, pylons and nacelles with the galaxy saucer and main hull. that is also how i had the gal-r

i think i am doing around 15k-20k per pulse with the lance when it does hit. but i am an engineer and really do not have the buffs to fully DPS with the lance
Ensign
# 54 why not
03-14-2013, 04:56 PM
The ship should have universal stations for every station so we can choose which type of office to place and why not add the abilty to separate the saucer section as well
Career Officer
# 55
03-17-2013, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimesw007 View Post
The ship should have universal stations for every station so we can choose which type of office to place and why not add the abilty to separate the saucer section as well
You are never going to see totally Universal BOFF stations on a ship of this sort. It would be nice but I cannot see it happening.

Saucer Separation is happening though, when separated the lance will work like an AOE shotgun rather than a surgical strike to one target.

I just wish they would hurry up and get it sorted.

Join Us www.srs-fleet.net
Your Ramming Speed III deals 297019 (421248) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to Lusankya
Captain
# 56
03-17-2013, 03:24 PM
What if for a hypothetical Fleet upgrade, "Starfleet Corps Of Engineers" put their primary focus on the maneuvering systems instead of buffing up the already-durable hull? Instead boost the maneuvering to like 7.5, do the 1.1 shields and adjust the boff layout for maybe 4 tac slots somehow, and suddenly you have a Federation counterpart to the Fleet Vor'cha, with less turning, less tactical consoles (only 3; its still a Galaxy), and the cloak eating a console slot if you want to use it, but getting the Phaser Lance in exchange? Cool and fair, or would that step on the FAC's niche too much?
Captain
# 57
03-17-2013, 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpgtx View Post
i like the look of it with the venture neck, pylons and nacelles with the galaxy saucer and main hull. that is also how i had the gal-r
Personally I think the venture skin Gal-X looks awesome. Far better than the vanilla version.
Previously Alendiak
Daizen - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
Selia - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
Captain
# 58
03-17-2013, 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyranger1414 View Post
The Galaxy-X.....

The one, fleeting moment when the Enterprize was cool and awe inspiring!

How I wish the AC had a third nacelle option, nothing says "kicking your face in" like a third nacelle and a Phaser Lance!

If they would just change it Boff layout to something like the Regent and upped its turning to 9 or 10 it'd be perfect. I'd get it for my engi cruiser alt in an instant. Of course, it'd be nothing like a Galaxy then but what can you do? I think I now understand Cryptic's reasoning with the Galaxy but it really should not apply to the Gal-X.
In my mind I had the Mirror universe come up with a Sovereign with TWO lance cannons
Captain
# 59
03-17-2013, 10:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildweasal View Post
What should the Fleet Galaxy X BE?
Not in the game.
Captain
# 60
03-17-2013, 11:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerstorm View Post