Lt. Commander
Hi guys, I'm having serious issues trying to start the Breen mission: Out in the cold - Paktau in peril.

Every time I try yo start the mission I get stuck in warp, i.e. I never arrive at the mission, and have to transwarp out. I've tried to do several things like logging out and back in, dropping the mission and picking it back up again, and trying on different days of the week, but to no avail.

When I try to warp in I get stuck in the blurry warp effect. I get the dialogue for the mission, but I never get to the start of the mission.

Is this a know issue? I can't find anything in the forums that mention this. I submitted a bug ticket, but that was over a week ago now and I've had no reply back from support.
Career Officer
# 2
03-17-2013, 04:43 PM
Thats the way the map is designed, its supposed to look like you are still at warp.

If you got the dialogue that means its working.
InGame - @Darth_Tauri
Joined - 9/2011
"You Best Make Peace With Your Dear & Fluffy Lord" - Malcolm Reynolds
Captain
# 3
03-17-2013, 06:24 PM
I believe that's supposed to be a comets tail, not a warp field

Ignore the visual and play like normal
Captain
# 4
03-17-2013, 08:17 PM
Ya the mission takes place in a comets tail, the warp look is supposedly cometary emissions, if you got the dialogue you are in the map. We don't actually have a warp animation for map transitions, which is too bad, it would look better than the current loading screens, the few times that a ship is actually shown in warp is during various cut scenes.

Last edited by maxvitor; 03-17-2013 at 08:22 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-18-2013, 03:19 AM
Thanks guys. I'm unable to check this out at the moment as I spilt something on my laptop and now have to wait for a new keyboard.

This mission is set up badly. There is no mention that you are in a comet's tail or anything else. I previously did check the mission details here to make sure it wasn't part of the mission:

http://www.stowiki.org/Mission:_Out_in_the_Cold

But as you can see there is nothing there about a comet, or anything denoting an unusual region of space.

I'll refer to the map when I get a chance to play again.

Cheers again guys.
Captain
# 6
03-18-2013, 03:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by genemorph View Post
Thanks guys. I'm unable to check this out at the moment as I spilt something on my laptop and now have to wait for a new keyboard.

This mission is set up badly. There is no mention that you are in a comet's tail or anything else. I previously did check the mission details here to make sure it wasn't part of the mission:

http://www.stowiki.org/Mission:_Out_in_the_Cold

But as you can see there is nothing there about a comet, or anything denoting an unusual region of space.

I'll refer to the map when I get a chance to play again.

Cheers again guys.
you asumed it was broken because it looked different than other missions, so it must be set up badly. Don't you think this is a seriously arogant point of view?

i wonder what you will say about the liquid space missions...just a heads up...they are not broken.
And the missions inside the bajoran wormhole aren't broken either, there is nothing wrong with your grafics when inside there.
Go pro or go home

Last edited by baudl; 03-18-2013 at 03:32 AM.
Captain
# 7
03-18-2013, 06:57 AM
Dude Chill. There's no need to jump on the guy like that.
I saw nothing arrogant about mistaking the nature of the map for some kind of bug and its true that a lot of mission descriptions are seriously lacking in important details.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-18-2013, 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baudl View Post
you asumed it was broken because it looked different than other missions, so it must be set up badly. Don't you think this is a seriously arogant point of view?

i wonder what you will say about the liquid space missions...just a heads up...they are not broken.
And the missions inside the bajoran wormhole aren't broken either, there is nothing wrong with your grafics when inside there.
Someone woke on the wrong side of a worm-hole this morning. The only one expressing arrogance is you.

But because I have ruined your life, I'll tell you why I assumed it was broken. The last time I saw the same frozen warp effect several times was when there were massive server problems not too long ago, when trying to warp to stfs. On top of that, as mentioned before, the mission description and initial dialogue is quite frankly bad. Finally, the number of previously bugged missions I've done, where I've had to restart the whole mission to complete beggars belief.

I've done the worm hole missions. There was a story line there, and I physically entered it, and it looked like a good interpretation of a worm hole.

Sleep well.