Career Officer
# 11
03-18-2013, 10:18 AM
If you avoid PuG groups and game with people you know it usually works out better. My fleet usually co-ordinates everything on voice over Mumble and we always have 8-10 mins left on the bonus 9/10 times.

The STF's are generally too easy and DPS seems to be king still. Aside from maybe Into The Hive, the elite ones aren't challenging enough and I'd like to see more aspects in STF added where a SCI or ENG is really needed. I find that only on Into The Hive do you really need a SCI & ENG so they can take the brunt of the damage that gets thrown out.

I'm sure these STF's use to be harder in the old days.......

"We're doing it wrong, but it's working...."
Lieutenant
# 12
03-18-2013, 03:10 PM
Y'know, other than Hive, which I SWEAR is just bugged to hell with instant death off of just about everything, I think all the borg STFs are pretty good. Agree with most everyone in here-people need to watch the Kang a little more.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-18-2013, 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggymack22 View Post
I'm getting tired of people destroying the right side cube, when all the probes on middle and left still need destroying and then wondering why the raptors and neg'vahrs overwhelm the Kang and the mission fails.

But Cryptic can't do anything about that. I mean some folks just won't learn the mission.

Your just getting crappy groups. My fleet always does the RML sweep pattern and 90% of the time still have 8+ mins remaining on the opt timer. With a decent group RML is very effective.
Career Officer
# 14
03-18-2013, 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinma View Post
I am sick of leaching in PVE Elites that includes the groups I get thrown into were my dps is higher then the other 4 members combined who all tend to be tact and I am sci....
Here's a suggestion -- don't PUG Elite STFs.
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says, "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-18-2013, 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinma View Post
I am sick of leaching in PVE Elites that includes the groups I get thrown into were my dps is higher then the other 4 members combined who all tend to be tact and I am sci....
What you're describing is not leeching.

Leeching is what happens in a 20-man Starbase Defense when you wind up with people who enter the mission and aren't even at their keyboards - so they take up a slot someone else who might do something would be able to use, provide nothing to the team as a whole, and still get the reward.

Getting a reward for not participating is leeching.

Sounds like what you're complaining about is your not understanding how teamwork is supposed to happen or your inability to adjust for the PUG you're in.

What do you want the GMs to do, teach you how to be an adaptive team player?

Last edited by stelakkh; 03-18-2013 at 05:04 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 16
03-18-2013, 07:46 PM
Kind of like how WoW has "item levels" and item level requirements?

Yeah, good idea.
Captain
# 17
03-18-2013, 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nierion View Post
If you avoid PuG groups and game with people you know it usually works out better.
Wish I could avoid PUGs, but timing and RL stuff end up causing me to have to PUG more often than not.

I've been in enough good DPS PUGs of that STF to know it's very very easy when done right.

Heck, I still think it's the easiest STF in the game because it's mission is so straightforward.

But, sigh ... I keep PUGging and keep getting in groups that get overwhelmed by popping a cube at the wrong time.

Quote:
and I'd like to see more aspects in STF added where a SCI or ENG is really needed.
Don't tease me like that. I'd love for STFs to be more diverse. Love love love it. I'm not a big fan of Gozer's work on this game. STFs are the primary reason.

Quote:
I'm sure these STF's use to be harder in the old days.......
Only because of bugs, and poor implementation.
Commander
# 18
03-18-2013, 08:59 PM
I just can't stand the leeching. sit there don't do anything while we clear the stf/colony/mirror event, whatever, then when its done they zoom off.

I have started keeping a list of names/fleets of the people doing this. Then when their name pops up again, I go straight to the fleet leads and politely ask them what is going on.

I don't know if its a bad thing to do or not but I have seen more than one of them removed from their fleet.

either give us a option to kick (heck I've played a few MMO's where this has not been a problem, and don't give me WOW as an example, that game deserves its own category ) or make it so that they have to do SOMETHING to get the reward drop.
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-18-2013, 09:02 PM
Iam getting tired of leaching by those in Elite STF's that are sitting the entire round and doing nothing and warping out after they receive the reward at the end for doing NOTHING. Ive sent in GM reports, where are the GMs?
Commander
# 20
03-18-2013, 09:06 PM
yea i hate that stuff to all the leeching specially during the bonus event hours...
specially during pvp always end up with teams that are afk all the time.

they really need some sorta red flag system to ban these morons from stf for a while.
or change the way you get the rewards at the end of stf.