Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,173
# 61
03-18-2013, 11:03 AM
The point of this is to say that the devs MUST know that [DMG] as a modifier is a throwaway trash modifier; using it buys them time to release weapons with meaningful modifier combinations.

I have basically ignored space fleet weapons (with *perhaps* the exception of Antiproton CritX) simply due to the fact that until [DMG] gets a meaningful buff, [Dmg]x3 = fail.


Just delete the DMGx3 weapons, or sell them considerably cheaper. Hear me now, believe us later; as soon as the ACCx2 weps come out, the sales of those will tank. End of story.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,110
# 62
03-18-2013, 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by badname834854 View Post
The point of this is to say that the devs MUST know that [DMG] as a modifier is a throwaway trash modifier; using it buys them time to release weapons with meaningful modifier combinations.

I have basically ignored space fleet weapons (with *perhaps* the exception of Antiproton CritX) simply due to the fact that until [DMG] gets a meaningful buff, [Dmg]x3 = fail.


Just delete the DMGx3 weapons, or sell them considerably cheaper. Hear me now, believe us later; as soon as the ACCx2 weps come out, the sales of those will tank. End of story.
Agreed above -- once [Acc]x2 [Dmg] goes live, [Dmg]x3 will be all but forgotten.

One other option for Cryptic is to dramatically increase the [Dmg] modifier bonus damage quantity to put in in-line or better than current mods.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,173
# 63
03-18-2013, 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shar487a View Post
Agreed above -- once [Acc]x2 [Dmg] goes live, [Dmg]x3 will be all but forgotten.

One other option for Cryptic is to dramatically increase the [Dmg] modifier bonus damage quantity to put in in-line or better than current mods.
AGreed.

This addition is...telling, however. Do they notice poor sales of [DMG] x3 weapons? Is this an attempt to get more Dil out of the system? Interesting.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,390
# 64
03-18-2013, 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleybird View Post
Now that the elite weapons have modifiers that make them worth using, can we do something about how terribly unbalanced the modifiers are between factions?
This is of critical importance, the balance between Fed & KDF Elite procs is really bad - with the KDF Elite Fleet Disruptor proc becoming the single best proc in the entire game on top of what is an already great proc (Disruptor).
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,110
# 65
03-18-2013, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussultimatum View Post
This is of critical importance, the balance between Fed & KDF Elite procs is really bad - with the KDF Elite Fleet Disruptor proc becoming the single best proc in the entire game on top of what is an already great proc (Disruptor).
No arguments here... The -25 resist proc on shields is going to give the KDF a decisive combat advantage over the Feds, cloak or no cloak. Had these weapons been present in DS9, all the Alpha and Gamma quadrant powers would have been conquered by the KDF in days. However, this might also be Cryptic's way of trying to bolster KDF ranks
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,287
# 66
03-18-2013, 12:45 PM
ATM I would settle for the KHG xii costume being fixed in the tailor or making the b'rel more functional.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,350
# 67
03-18-2013, 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeuxidemus001 View Post
ATM I would settle for the KHG xii costume being fixed in the tailor or making the b'rel more functional.
agreed on the costume, but the b'rel is functional enough; you just have to know how to use it
Quote:
Originally Posted by sander233 View Post
Klingons use bathtubs as a severe form punishment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldkirkfan View Post
"You sniveling petaQ!!! If you are late for your shift one more time, you will spend two hours in the bathtub!!."

"WITH SOAP!!"
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 531
# 68
03-19-2013, 02:21 AM
burnt again by cryptic.
first burnt after dropping 200mil on polaron to have polaron nerfed the next week...
now finding that acc2 will be available a week after giving in and begrudgingly buying these weak fleet weapons in a vain attempt to overcome the infernal op rep defence bonuses.
i should have known better. i certainly do now.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 237
# 69
03-19-2013, 11:28 AM
Are the elite fleet weapons posted anywhere for us to peruse? For those who cannot log onto tribble and would like to check it out.
__________________________________________________ __
Pay no attention to the dates and titles under my name at the left! I am a Career Officer, Lifetime Sub since launch, was in the Beta. Having problems with my forum account.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 329
# 70
03-19-2013, 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by verlaine11 View Post
Not really, with all the shiny Andorian weapons and Fleet weapons it would be nice to have Spiral Wave Dual Beam Banks for example as the only Spirals are the Beams (and at 45k a piece), the Galor has been out quite a while and it seems that with all the new ships coming out each one has a new set of weapons + consoles + gimicks, just be nice if the Galor got something as everything else seems to things coming out of the wazoo.
Doubtful since they are not MK specific but infinity, I as well would like to see this but I don't see it happening anytime soon.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:57 AM.