Lt. Commander
# 1 Nettest timed out
02-19-2010, 04:15 PM
what do you do if the nettest timed out?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-19-2010, 04:37 PM
check to make sure nothing on your PC is preventing nettest from accessing the net.
1. right click on the exe and select run as admin
2. make sure firewall/antivirus. windows defender, router etc is not blocking the program
if it is timing out on the 7000-7500 ports but ok on 80 , 443 ports then those ports are being blocked by firewall, router, ISP
Lt. Commander
# 3 Intermittent Connection Issues
04-15-2012, 04:22 AM
I am currently stationed in Okinawa and have started playing STO. I have a connection issue that seems to be sort of random. When I get home from work at about 5 PM I can connect and play for a bit. However, about 7 PM the connection will start dropping and then I get the dreaded "disconnected from server" from the launcher when I chose which character to play. I cannot get nettest to work ... times out. I have read several articles in the forums that discussed this issue but did not see a solution. The problem clears up if I decide to play at about 4 or 5 AM before work. I do not understand why I can connect sometimes yet other times I cannot. Thanks for your time
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-15-2012, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by asterastic
I am currently stationed in Okinawa and have started playing STO. I have a connection issue that seems to be sort of random. When I get home from work at about 5 PM I can connect and play for a bit. However, about 7 PM the connection will start dropping and then I get the dreaded "disconnected from server" from the launcher when I chose which character to play. I cannot get nettest to work ... times out. I have read several articles in the forums that discussed this issue but did not see a solution. The problem clears up if I decide to play at about 4 or 5 AM before work. I do not understand why I can connect sometimes yet other times I cannot. Thanks for your time
There is several reasons why this may be occurring...
  • General network congestion may be preventing you from establishing a connection during busy periods...
  • Your ISP may be throttling MMRPG connections to reserve connection bandwidth for more 'important' priority connections and applications...
Lieutenant
# 5
03-18-2013, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archived Post View Post
There is several reasons why this may be occurring...
  • General network congestion may be preventing you from establishing a connection during busy periods...
  • Your ISP may be throttling MMRPG connections to reserve connection bandwidth for more 'important' priority connections and applications...
That sounds like a cheap excuse saying us that it is our problem and that we should deal with it... Tanks^^